Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[REQ - CSS] Throw Knife

Post New Thread Reply   

shustas
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-04-2010 , 13:19   Re: [REQ - CSS] Throw Knife
Reply With Quote #11

yes great, but like always, its easier to make another copy of adminlist than do something new ;)
Old 01-12-2010 , 23:05   Re: [REQ - CSS] Throw Knife
Reply With Quote #12

Funny thing, this is actually my script. Yes I used to be sumguy14 over on ES.

I started to port this over to SM and made a lot of progress, the knives were thrown and I even got the knives to collide with the players and deal real knife damage. Unfortunately I lost the source about a year and a half ago And I haven't done anything with it since. One day I'll try to finish it off.
Old 01-13-2010 , 03:37   Re: [REQ - CSS] Throw Knife
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post

I started to port this over to SM and made a lot of progress, the knives were thrown and I even got the knives to collide with the players and deal real knife damage. Unfortunately I lost the source about a year and a half ago And I haven't done anything with it since. One day I'll try to finish it off.
It's already great to know that someone actually took a try for the idea Finish it when you can cuz we can wait a while longer for now.

Last edited by rautamiekka; 01-13-2010 at 03:38. Reason: Changed 'Plugin' to 'idea' cuz speaking of a Plugin, when it's not started production yet, is wrongly said.
Send a message via ICQ to rautamiekka Send a message via AIM to rautamiekka Send a message via MSN to rautamiekka Send a message via Yahoo to rautamiekka Send a message via Skype™ to rautamiekka
Xp3r7
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-13-2010 , 06:03   Re: [REQ - CSS] Throw Knife
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post

Nice.

Sorry to hear you lost the source though!

As rautamiekka said, just take your time man but as you can see, a lot of people are interested in this being a plugin!
Veteran Member
Old 01-13-2010 , 18:19   Re: [REQ - CSS] Throw Knife
Reply With Quote #15

@Greyscale

i have a script that works as far as throwing the knives and dealing knife damage. but i got stuck trying to "de-lethalize" the knife. the problem is detecting when the knife hits a wall. if you would like what i have as a reference your more than welcome to it. its pretty basic right now.
I'm a lil' spirituous.
Send a message via Yahoo to meng
Greyscale
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 01-13-2010 , 18:30   Re: [REQ - CSS] Throw Knife
Reply With Quote #16

I have lots of other stuff on my agenda right now, I don't think I'd ever get around to re-doing this.

Instead I'll just help you if you have any problems.

First off, I had used some signature a while back to deal damage as if it was coming from the thrower, but I forgot what it was. I think it was "ExplosionCreate." It pushed the player back a little too when they got hit. But this could work just as well: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=111684

This is how I de-lethalized knives. I used an adt array to store each knife that was thrown and is lethal. In OnGameFrame I looped through this array (which isn't expensive because how many knives could be thrown at once?) and recorded it's position. I compared the last position to the current one and got a velocity out of it. If the velocity fell below a certain number the knife was no longer lethal.

That's a rough sketch of what I did. To store the information about the knife you'll actually need nested adt arrays. A "master" one to store the handles of adt arrays created for each thrown knife. And of course you must delete the arrays once the knife is no longer lethal.

Goodluck, hope I was clear enough.

EDIT: Actually this might be a better structure for tracking knives.

Code:
enum KnifeInfo
{
    Knife_Thrower,
    Knife_EntIndex,
    Float:Knife_LastPosition
}

new Handle:g_hLiveKnives = INVALID_HANDLE;

public OnPluginStart()
{
    g_hLiveKnives = CreateArray();
    // don't forget to maintain this, clear it on map start, don't create it twice, etc.
}

OnKnifeThrown(thrower, entindex)  // this is just a rough definition, fit the code within it into your code
{
    new knifeinfo[KnifeInfo];
    knifeinfo[Knife_Thrower] = thrower;
    knifeinfo[Knife_EntIndex] = entindex;
    knifeinfo[Knife_LastPosition] = clientpos;  // put the client's current position
    PushArrayArray(g_hLiveKnives, knifeinfo); // push the array into the master list to iterate in OnGameFrame
}

public OnGameFrame()
{
    new size = GetArraySize(g_hLiveKnives);
    for (new x = 0; x < size; x++)
    {
         // do yo thang
    }
}

Last edited by Greyscale; 01-13-2010 at 18:38.
gaissi
Old 02-11-2010 , 09:11   Re: [REQ - CSS] Throw Knife
Reply With Quote #17

Hey,

Some advance at this plugin?

It would be very nice^^
Dr!fter
The Salt Boss
Old 02-28-2010 , 01:01   Re: [REQ - CSS] Throw Knife
Reply With Quote #18

I got bored so i did some work on this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpCJsP0H3Q Just need to find a good way to find out if the knife hit someone. Anyone got any ideas? After i get that to work i can release it
Greyscale
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 02-28-2010 , 01:07   Re: [REQ - CSS] Throw Knife
Reply With Quote #19

Just like my old lost plugin, nice start.

The way I did it was in OnGameFrame I tracked it's velocity, comparing its last position and its current one and seeing if it traveled far enough to be considered lethal. While its considered lethal, I would try SDKHooks Touch hook, and check if the knife is touching any players.

Take a look at this for dealing damage: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=111684
Old 02-28-2010 , 09:30   Re: [REQ - CSS] Throw Knife
Reply With Quote #20

Yea i was going to use that snippet to deal damage. Hadnt thought of using sdkhooks touch hook for seeing if it was touching a player. Also out of curiosity how exactly did you check if it was lethal? I have a way of checking if its lethal aswell like you i compare the last position and current but it seems sometimes its even lethal while its sliding on the ground. If i raise the value that it has to be greater then it sometimes becomes unlethal mid air. Maybe ill need to try a float instead of just an int

Last edited by Dr!fter; 02-28-2010 at 09:33.