Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

HLG anti hack protestion

Post New Thread Reply   

Bad HAL 9000
Old 03-16-2005 , 10:13  
Reply With Quote #51

Then dont be a retard and ask for the impossible.
Send a message via ICQ to Bad HAL 9000 Send a message via AIM to Bad HAL 9000 Send a message via MSN to Bad HAL 9000 Send a message via Yahoo to Bad HAL 9000
devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 03-16-2005 , 14:04  
Reply With Quote #52

Please don't feed the trolls
Old 03-16-2005 , 19:15  
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad HAL 9000
Then dont be a retard and ask for the impossible.
It will happen. Now go play in the street untill then.

I am not trolling, nor am I trying to, Nor do I wish to feed the likes of this trash. I only made a comment.

We will have secure Source servers.
Old 03-17-2005 , 00:38  
Reply With Quote #54

If I sound mean, I'm not trying to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkaway69
It just seems that there should be some way to implement some kind of program that would block unwanted programs from gainning access to the source engine.
Vauge concepts will remain just that - it takes specific implimentations to get anything done, and *every* method can be circumvented. More specifically, HL2 will always be just another program running on a protected, segmented x86 chip, and is thus subject to the rules and vulnerabilities of normal code (which it is). It will always be modifyable in every way, and it can always appear unmodified to the server. That's the harsh reality: futility.

Quote:
Like having to maybe gain access to a certain code to be able to access it. Then if they do break it then you would only need to change that one piece of code that was hacked.
Redundant in concept and expression What you suggest is kind of baseless and wildly infeasible. To track page modifications would require a change of the chip, or horrible, machine specific implimentations on HL2's part, which are, again, futile, as they're circumventable.

Quote:
I know it may not be as easy as I make it sound. You guys are Brains. Come on invent something
Well, I'm not going to waste my time on the lost cause, but I'll give pointers to anyone who wants to try. I'll always be who I am, though. In a perfect world, hackers and legit gamers would never have to see eachother and each have their own fun, and the scum on both sides would be gone, but utopia is just that :/

And hal, don't get this thread locked.
Old 03-17-2005 , 01:10  
Reply With Quote #55

Fine ill stop
Send a message via ICQ to Bad HAL 9000 Send a message via AIM to Bad HAL 9000 Send a message via MSN to Bad HAL 9000 Send a message via Yahoo to Bad HAL 9000
tkaway69
Old 03-17-2005 , 06:00  
Reply With Quote #56

I geuss we will jus wait and see.
Old 03-17-2005 , 12:13  
Reply With Quote #57

somebody must start making an anti-cheat!!!!!!
those bastards are everywhere now! damit....
even on my server.... u cant even ban them.. must check the log files and take the steamid...
changing name every 1 sec.... #¤%¤#&"&#¤/&#¤%&¤&/%/"¤%/"#¤%¤%#!!#"¤%%¤&&/#%&&%/&/(&/&/)(%&/¤%%&%TRG¤#&BH#&¤"&&##¤&%&&&//((&/(%&((I/&#"Ĥ%&_:Ĥ%&:%¤Ä:%ÄĤ#": just give me 5 min IRL and they wount cheat again..!!!!!!!
BeetleFart
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-17-2005 , 12:21  
Reply With Quote #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberz
somebody must start making an anti-cheat!!!!!!
those bastards are everywhere now! damit....
even on my server.... u cant even ban them.. must check the log files and take the steamid...
changing name every 1 sec.... #¤%¤#&"&#¤/&#¤%&¤&/%/"¤%/"#¤%¤%#!!#"¤%%¤&&/#%&&%/&/(&/&/)(%&/¤%%&%TRG¤#&BH#&¤"&&##¤&%&&&//((&/(%&((I/&#"Ĥ%&_:Ĥ%&:%¤Ä:%ÄĤ#": just give me 5 min IRL and they wount cheat again..!!!!!!!
yes they suck...
and for a shameless plug... my latest beta has an auto kick for X number of name changes per map set by a cvar
it should goto release in a day or 2...
but the beta is pretty good..stable just a menu bug and one or 2 other little things that I will clean up tonight.
69.90.34.10:27015 Beetlesmod.com And CS-Addicts{US}

http://www.clanuseast.com