Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)

Post New Thread Reply   

Gurluas
Old 06-16-2010 , 15:05   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #421

I have a question, can kwski's plugin allow you to choose characters now?
Its my only qualm with it tbh.
kwski43
Old 06-16-2010 , 15:12   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #422

Mine just sets different characters. Seriously, I have no time for work with plugin, I learn now UDK and mapping to other game. we ca say I temporary l4d2.
Old 06-16-2010 , 16:59   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portalboat View Post
Oh, right, you need to copypasta the "TeenGirl" folder in scenes/ from Left 4 Dead 1 (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\left4dead\scenes) into the Left 4 Dead 2 scenes folder (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\scenes), and then you need to do the same for the sound. (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\left4dead\sound\player\survivor\voice\) and (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\sound\player\survivor\voice\) You also need to put the scenes.image file in the scenes folder, and the sound.cache into the sound folder.

Also, keep in mind that you wouldn't hear ALL the new lines unless you kick the bots.

About the closed captions: I think that the game is using the subtitles_english.dat file, not the subtitles_english.txt, so that's why it's not working.

There's something about it in here, but I can't seem to get it to work. Can anyone else do it?
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/w...losed_captions
Itīs good to know

Iīm working now in naming Bill "Bill". But itīs hard.
Old 06-16-2010 , 18:55   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #424

uriel, have you tried the m_nSurvivorName?

And I also got DCa working, could you update the first post, please?
Attached Files
File Type: zip OrginalL4DTalker.zip (4.00 MB, 203 views)
honorcode23
BANNED
Old 06-16-2010 , 19:21   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portalboat View Post
uriel, have you tried the m_nSurvivorName?

And I also got DCa working, could you update the first post, please?
There are 3 survivor talker files. Is it going to crash the game/server ?

By the way, i could get the subtitles working. I attached a .zip file with them, if you want them, place the content on left4dead2_dlc1/resources.
Attached Files
File Type: zip subtitles.zip (1.87 MB, 1418 views)

Last edited by honorcode23; 06-16-2010 at 21:40.
Portalboat
Old 06-16-2010 , 20:05   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #426

Yes, it will.

I don't know why I put it in the .vpk, I was just giving it out for people to use. You can't use all 3 right now.
drunkenfox1
Old 06-17-2010 , 01:24   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #427

We need to organize all of these things...Possibly Uriel can just put all of that on the front page with explanation... we don't need another full page of people asking wtf is all this shit??
Guys, we're so close to having this all down! I mean, think about it, we started with nothing, now we have working characters, almost have all the sounds fully implemented, and Bill, the dead man, is walking again (though he is now a mute)! Good Job! Just a bit more and we can compile this all together into one .zip and roll out the Original Survivors into L4D2!

EDIT: Is anyone currently working on the icons? Getting them in game working on the bottom of the screen, and also the TAB side bar, which shows ping, hp, and the likes?

Last edited by drunkenfox1; 06-17-2010 at 01:27.
Portalboat
Old 06-17-2010 , 01:53   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #428

I'd LOVE to start working on the icons, but that's a coding thing, I don't even know where to start. Hunterbrute got them working, but his computer crashed, and he lost his progress. I think uriel might work on them, after he gets Bill's name working. I'll continue working on the talker files.

Hopefully, once Valve sees this (if they haven't already) they'll release some new voice lines with The Crossing (L4D1 DLC that explains why the Survivors went down south.)
IronWarrior
Veteran Member
Old 06-17-2010 , 09:25   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #429

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenfox1 View Post
We need to organize all of these things...Possibly Uriel can just put all of that on the front page with explanation... we don't need another full page of people asking wtf is all this shit??
Guys, we're so close to having this all down! I mean, think about it, we started with nothing, now we have working characters, almost have all the sounds fully implemented, and Bill, the dead man, is walking again (though he is now a mute)! Good Job! Just a bit more and we can compile this all together into one .zip and roll out the Original Survivors into L4D2!

EDIT: Is anyone currently working on the icons? Getting them in game working on the bottom of the screen, and also the TAB side bar, which shows ping, hp, and the likes?
I would agree, the first post is a mess. :/

Would be greatful if the first post could be layout like it was a new plugin released with update logs, change list, correct files to download, possible bugs and a crash list.
terminator2k2
Old 06-17-2010 , 09:56   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #430

been following this for some time now, but dont know how far you have actualy got with this, nor what does and doesnt work......

would be great if some one could update and clean this thread, and actualy put on the 1st page what files are required etc.....

this will be a good mod to have once everything is working as it should....

keep it up......