Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] Elevator Bug No Mercy Bots Die

Post New Thread Reply   

laurauwu
Old 03-21-2022 , 00:10   [L4D2] Elevator Bug No Mercy Bots Die
Reply With Quote #1

Basically the bots start running towards the door before the elevator arrives, and end up teleporting before the elevator arrives, which causes them to die, this happens when there are no players on their team, or when there are few players I've seen it happen too.. .
I tried a solution using "sb_unstick 0" but this command breaks several maps, the bots get stuck in several places and can't move, so I had to return to "sb_unstick 1" and I have this problem, can someone make a plugin that deactivates this cvar during elevator action, and activates it when elevator opens doors

maybe to fix this with stripper? but I don't know how to do it, I don't know if it's possible to change cvar with stripper I don't think so
if I knew how to fix this I would have already done it, I wouldn't be posting, thanks

Last edited by laurauwu; 03-21-2022 at 00:14.
Toranks
Old 03-21-2022 , 00:22   Re: [L4D2] Elevator Bug No Mercy Bots Die
Reply With Quote #2

Maybe this mod has a solution inside?
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=310638
laurauwu
Old 03-21-2022 , 00:34   Re: [L4D2] Elevator Bug No Mercy Bots Die
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toranks View Post
Maybe this mod has a solution inside?
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=310638
No, this mod is to trigger certain events automatically, the bots are already able to call the elevator normally, but it happens that when the elevator is almost arriving, they try to enter the door, and the game understands that the bots are "STUCK" and then this cvar "sb_unstick 1" throws the bots into the door without the elevator reaching the end, killing them, thanks for the reply

it also happened on other maps, bots teleport when there is an elevator, which ends up bugging, for example, if a player enters in the middle of the game, and some bots teleported through the elevator, that player will not be able to trigger the elevator to continue

Last edited by laurauwu; 03-21-2022 at 00:38.
finishlast
Old 03-23-2022 , 14:42   Re: [L4D2] Elevator Bug No Mercy Bots Die
Reply With Quote #4

Try this, it will set sb_unstick 0 when bots touch the door (actually two small entities in front of door), and sets sb_unstick 1 when you press the elevator button inside the elevator.

That should minimize sb_unstick bugs to a minimum.

I left in two chat messages telling you when what is set, just comment out and compile to have it without chat message.

I only tested in l4d1, should work in l4d2 (hopefully)
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_nomercy_elevator_unstick.sp - 54 views - 2.9 KB)

Last edited by finishlast; 03-23-2022 at 15:05.
laurauwu
Old 03-23-2022 , 22:00   Re: [L4D2] Elevator Bug No Mercy Bots Die
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishlast View Post
Try this, it will set sb_unstick 0 when bots touch the door (actually two small entities in front of door), and sets sb_unstick 1 when you press the elevator button inside the elevator.

That should minimize sb_unstick bugs to a minimum.

I left in two chat messages telling you when what is set, just comment out and compile to have it without chat message.

I only tested in l4d1, should work in l4d2 (hopefully)
Wow, I was delighted, I'll test it, thank you, this will solve a lot of problems!
After i test i give feedback!!! Thanks