Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

#Mr. Community AVOID!

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Jasonbourne
Old 01-05-2013 , 18:10   #Mr. Community AVOID!

Scripters take note please:

Do not work/get involved with anybody from the #Mr community (mr-community.com)

Two characters from this community MoRoN and Gweeds have optained a copy of my bhop timer compiled binary and are planning on distributing it (Which in itself is against the rules of AM).

After all the work i have done for them ( Setting up HLX,Sourcebans to name a few) They removed all my server and web server access and then taking the plugin from my personal server which they had ftp access to.

Dont get involved with these dodgy characters at any cost.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/MrCommunityServers

Last edited by Jasonbourne; 01-05-2013 at 18:14.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 01-05-2013 , 21:08   Re: #Mr. Community AVOID!

No offense but it sounds like something you should have expected. Anybody to whom you give your plugins has the ability to distribute it. Why wouldn't they remove you from access to their server? Anybody who gets something setup for them should always remove the person that set it up for them if they are not one of the admins. And most importantly, you shouldn't have given anyone access to your FTP server that you don't know, this one is your fault.
Old 01-05-2013 , 22:55   Re: #Mr. Community AVOID!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
No offense but it sounds like something you should have expected. Anybody to whom you give your plugins has the ability to distribute it. Why wouldn't they remove you from access to their server? Anybody who gets something setup for them should always remove the person that set it up for them if they are not one of the admins. And most importantly, you shouldn't have given anyone access to your FTP server that you don't know, this one is your fault.
Let me elaborate.

I help them on a regular basis as a server tech and am one of their admins. Thats why they wouldnt need to remove my access.

I never gave them my plugins. Does this mean if you require somebodies help and give them ftp -> they can distribute your private plugins.

It is against AM rules to distribute the compiled binary without source.

ALthought i could have done many things to prevent this situation and didnt. I accept responsibility for my lack of awareness.

I am simply suggesting to others to avoid involvement for paid or any other work/involvement for these 'people'.

Also as a side note i never expected nor asked for anything (money included) in return for my help. It pains me to think that this world is full of 'people' that take advantage of a kind hearted chap that just wants to help. Lesson learnt and just a warning to others about #Mr...
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 01-05-2013 , 23:07   Re: #Mr. Community AVOID!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonbourne View Post
I never gave them my plugins. Does this mean if you require somebodies help and give them ftp -> they can distribute your private plugins.
Well, yeah, kind of. You gave them the ability to do so.

Quote:
Well, just to clarify, it is the GPL that requires this but that doesn't mean they won't do it.
Old 01-06-2013 , 14:54   Re: #Mr. Community AVOID!

Quote:
The plugin was not distributed using the AM forums, which means those rules do not apply. The GPL license apply, which also states that you should have the source code with it, however people distribute plugins without source code almost everywhere else than on this forum, none have been punished by the police and I doubt any of them will in the future.
Jasonbourne
Old 01-06-2013 , 19:21   Re: #Mr. Community AVOID!

I've learnt from my mistakes..

I just dont want other people to be burnt as well.
Mr MoRoN
Old 01-07-2013 , 06:18   Re: #Mr. Community AVOID!

Okay Jason, lets get started shall we.

Okay, Jason and his friend hosted our website on their supposed "Box" that the hoster said was under his roof. Which he lied, It was a dedi from Exigent.com.au.

The Owner of Jasons group IMM-NET used this dedi to Dos another communities Bhop server because, having others play on another server, well he doesn't like that now does he Jason, he wants it all his way. So the dedi was then suspended with our web data and all on it, now being the poor folks IMM-NET are, we ended up paying for 3/4 of the $130 fee to get the data back, even though 98% of the data on there wasn't even ours. We then continue like nothing happened, but then the owner of IMM-NET(Jasons group) placed a cracked version of IPB forums onto our forum lying and saying it was his own, and that it was a legitimate copy. We then ended up running into further issues regarding the forum, we ended up paying $200 for our own version, of IPB ($175) and a IPB Skin ($25). Then we get all these IMM-NET fools coming onto our forums all butt hurt. So Jason I don't see why you're complaining, we took 1 plugin from you, you took $100+ from us.

Also for your information the plugin hasn't been sold to anyone. So continue your accusations against us at your own will, but please learn the truth, and not rely on your precious Poppin.

Regards, Moron.
Mr MoRoN
Old 01-07-2013 , 06:21   Re: #Mr. Community AVOID!

Also Jason you did demand money for your work with us and we reluctantly paid.
Jasonbourne
Old 01-07-2013 , 09:46   Re: #Mr. Community AVOID!

I have never ddosed in my life
I have never installed ipb
I have never demanded money from you

Yet you take my plugin
Good day to you sir
Jasonbourne
Old 01-07-2013 , 09:48   Re: #Mr. Community AVOID!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr MoRoN View Post
Also Jason you did demand money for your work with us and we reluctantly paid.
This point alone undermines the validity of the rest of your argument because I have never received not asked for a cent from you
Closed Thread