Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Killstreaker plugin request

Post New Thread Reply   

Velture
Old 12-31-2013 , 23:40   Re: Killstreaker plugin request
Reply With Quote #11

Like I said before: anyone that makes that public is a complete asshole and dickhead and should not be allowet to have children.

Let's keep some things private. We all know how valve reacted for something other about 2-3 years ago.
I think that the best for the community is to shut the puck up about it and delate this topic.

Last edited by Velture; 12-31-2013 at 23:43.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 01-01-2014 , 10:42   Re: Killstreaker plugin request
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velture View Post
Like I said before: anyone that makes that public is a complete asshole and dickhead and should not be allowet to have children.

Let's keep some things private. We all know how valve reacted for something other about 2-3 years ago.
I think that the best for the community is to shut the puck up about it and delate this topic.
Tone your language down please.

If you insist it should be private, I'd say it actually shouldn't be made at all - inevitably someone will make anything they can, and then it'll inevitably become public.

Selfish motivations don't do anything to help the community, and it seems most of the time the real reasoning behind "keep this private or Valve will break [something people like, such as TF2Items] for everyone" is "keep this private or Valve will break this for me".

Let's all not forget that TF2Items itself is nothing over than the replication of something kept private.
Old 01-01-2014 , 20:51   Re: Killstreaker plugin request
Reply With Quote #13

Damn. Shame on me for not having this plugin now. It would make your post sound like it makes sense.

What I was trying to say is that one day tf2items plugin might be blocked and that is all that I care about. But I think that I am not the only one using it so...

No hard feelings mate. Just saying.

Last edited by Velture; 01-01-2014 at 20:51.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:47
Oshizu
This message has been deleted by Oshizu. Reason: Better not expand the fire
<SK> | Mrs. Useless
Old 03-16-2014 , 05:47   Re: Killstreaker plugin request
Reply With Quote #14

Sorry I had not responded since before the beginning of the year but I have had other stuff going on in my life. Although I DID get the plug in already for free. Someone trying to SELL me something that is free is dumb. I highly doubt steam or valve is going to have a problem since they already put out a program for mapping and making items. Thats like saying people shouldnt be allowed to make a map or model hats/weapons/items. Those all have to be put onto a server just like a plugin. Maybe next time I make a map I will charge for it...LOL.

TF2 is a trading game now and its FREE! And the only way the game is going to stay alive is by selling items from the store and community market and in turn the players will be trading those items and then someone will be selling them. People want to buy and trade for the killstreaks weapons but most normal players want to see the effect before buying. So it should be free. Its a vicious cycle but Valve/Steam will profit from it.

Anyways, thank you for all the replies. Have a good one.
hamza47sohail
Old 03-18-2014 , 10:46   Re: Killstreaker plugin request
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by <SK> | Mrs. Useless View Post
Sorry I had not responded since before the beginning of the year but I have had other stuff going on in my life. Although I DID get the plug in already for free. Someone trying to SELL me something that is free is dumb. I highly doubt steam or valve is going to have a problem since they already put out a program for mapping and making items. Thats like saying people shouldn't be allowed to make a map or model hats/weapons/items. Those all have to be put onto a server just like a plugin. Maybe next time I make a map I will charge for it...LOL.

TF2 is a trading game now and its FREE! And the only way the game is going to stay alive is by selling items from the store and community market and in turn the players will be trading those items and then someone will be selling them. People want to buy and trade for the killstreaks weapons but most normal players want to see the effect before buying. So it should be free. Its a vicious cycle but Valve/Steam will profit from it.

Anyways, thank you for all the replies. Have a good one.
This isn't about modeling. This is about attributes and particles.
Like tf2items Give Weapon plugin gives you weapons you can in theory make it give you hats, same for unusual weapons which can be in theory be made to give you unusual effects on hats.
This stuff works in-game and is visible to other clients unlike models, skins which have to be downloaded by clients in-order to be visible.

I highly suggest that you don't go down this path, ultimately valve will not just let us disrupt Gabens income.

And if someone reports your server with these plugins you server may get black listed.

I have seen Valve go ninja shit before and they can again.

Last edited by hamza47sohail; 03-18-2014 at 10:46.