Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[Sven Co-op] Semiclip v1.2.1 (January 15, 2023)

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Sven Coop        Category:   Gameplay       
gabuch2
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-06-2023 , 17:51   [Sven Co-op] Semiclip v1.2.1 (January 15, 2023)
Reply With Quote #1

Hello.

This is a new version of Semiclip plugin after all updates broke the previous methods, we managed to discover a new way to implement a safer Semiclip.

Current Problems:
  • Due to the great amount of engine changes Svengine suffered over the time, the older Metamod implementation broke and apparently there wasn't a way to fix it.
  • anggaranothing released a new version of Semiclip using Sven Co-op's own scripting language, AngelScript. However, there are several problems that affect the functionality and make playing with this plugin more a hassle than an improvement:
    • This implementation uses groupinfo, making the players invisible when nearby.
      • This may also break custom maps that make use of this.
    • AngelScript doesn't have AddToFullPack, so it's actually impossible to render players using AS alone, you could in theory "fix" this by using AMXX.
    • Sven Co-op made a small change that automatically unstuck colliding players, so if you try to boost someone there are high chances that you will be sent flying away.

Solution: (This plugin)
  • This plugin uses Orpheu and hooks directly in the function responsible for allowing collision between entities.
  • AddToFullPack is also implemented, so players will not rubberband when going through each other.
  • Boosting between players feels extremely smooth, almost native. Although it still a little trickier to reach higher places, because you need to jump before the player below stands up or else you'll fall through.
  • It gives us more liberty on a easy to read code, it will allow us to implement more features like PVP support on maps that support it. (Which is currently a to-do!)

Requirements:
Cvars:
  • amx_semiclip_enabled
    Enables the plugin. Takes effect on map start. Default 1.

Known Issues:

The AMD binary included with SvenDS is not supported and the plugin will not work with it. The server will start with this binary automatically if you have an AMD processor, but you can override this by adding the following command line parameter.

Code:
-binary ./svends_i686
Even if you do not use this plugin it is recommended to do it as it there are reports of the AMD binary being very buggy.

Credits:
  • Th3-822
    • Helped me a lot with Orpheu and explaining me how the game works internally, and pretty much this plugin wouldn't be possible if it wasn't for him.

Download and Source Code:

This project is now on GitHub. You can also see the project's changelog, report issues and being able to download pre-release (development) versions.

Latest Stable Version
All Versions (Including Pre-Release)

Download from AlliedModders:

You need to download the .sma file and compile the plugin because the AlliedModders forum compiler lacks the necessary includes to provide you with a working binary.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (svencoop_semiclip.sma - 250 views - 5.8 KB)

Last edited by gabuch2; 09-02-2023 at 22:17.
gabuch2
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-09-2023 , 13:54   Re: [Sven Co-op] Semiclip v1.1 (January 9, 2023)
Reply With Quote #2

A new version got released, make sure to update it as soon as you can.
  • 1.1 (January 9, 2023)
    • Fixed the plugin not calling the proper AddToFullPack function (Fixes jittery movement)
    • Fixed a bug where players can get stuck inside pushables
Old 01-10-2023 , 13:08   Re: [Sven Co-op] Semiclip v1.1 (January 9, 2023)
Reply With Quote #3

Good job. Though, players are getting crushed by movable entities (lifts, doors, etc.).

Last edited by Rirre; 01-10-2023 at 13:41.
gabuch2
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-10-2023 , 15:12   Re: [Sven Co-op] Semiclip v1.1 (January 9, 2023)
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rirre View Post
Good job. Though, players are getting crushed by movable entities (lifts, doors, etc.).
After testing some more with many players we also experienced this.

I have a working prototype where this doesn't happen but I'd like to test it a little bit more before releasing.
Old 01-11-2023 , 11:21   Re: [Sven Co-op] Semiclip v1.2 (January 11, 2023)
Reply With Quote #5

After a chaotic game with 10+ players in Escape Series I'm confident enough that this is working.
    • Fixes more cases where players can get stuck inside pushables
    • Players will no longer crush each other while trying to use the same door or going through each other in a lift
      • Note that there are still cases where players might smash themselves when jumping on each other in elevators, although thanks to the plugin this happens rarely. It's a quirk on the engine that probably will never be able to be fixed

This requires a signatures update! Make sure to download the latest version of my Orpheu signatures before updating.

Make sure to update it as soon as you can and let me know if it's working.

Last edited by gabuch2; 01-11-2023 at 11:22.
gabuch2
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-13-2023 , 13:56   Re: [Sven Co-op] Semiclip v1.2 (January 11, 2023)
Reply With Quote #6

A new pre-release version was released.

This version is a prototype giving PVP support.

Be aware that I tested mainly in bm_sts with a bot and it's not properly optimized. But it would be good if someone was able to give it a go.

Note that it now requires Updated Hamdata Files to work.

All Versions (Including Pre-Release)

Last edited by gabuch2; 01-13-2023 at 17:52.
gabuch2
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-15-2023 , 13:16   Re: [Sven Co-op] Semiclip v1.2.1 (January 15, 2023)
Reply With Quote #7

1.2.1 was released

Main Changes
  • Added AMXX 1.8.2 support
    • Although, I urge you to use 1.9 instead
  • Fixed a bug where the last player would be always solid

Download Latest Stable Version
Old 01-16-2023 , 02:47   Re: [Sven Co-op] Semiclip v1.2.1 (January 15, 2023)
Reply With Quote #8

It works perfectly fine in the current state.

I would like to ask, can you perhaps show/explain how you find the necessary Linux function signatures for Orpheu needed? As I would like to know and keep up with it as soon the game receive updates.
The easiest way would be to record a video with step-by-step of how you do it, but it is also fine if you could make a explaination through text - or both if you prefer it that way. Thanks for taking your time making this.
gabuch2
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-16-2023 , 12:35   Re: [Sven Co-op] Semiclip v1.2.1 (January 15, 2023)
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rirre View Post
It works perfectly fine in the current state.

I would like to ask, can you perhaps show/explain how you find the necessary Linux function signatures for Orpheu needed? As I would like to know and keep up with it as soon the game receive updates.
The easiest way would be to record a video with step-by-step of how you do it, but it is also fine if you could make a explaination through text - or both if you prefer it that way. Thanks for taking your time making this.
I just use this method and grab the first byte of each line (and wildcarding the rest)
Old 01-16-2023, 16:00
Rirre
This message has been deleted by Rirre. Reason: Nvm
Rirre
Veteran Member
Old 01-22-2023 , 16:23   Re: [Sven Co-op] Semiclip v1.2.1 (January 15, 2023)
Reply With Quote #10

Just found out players can troll each other in movable objects with projectiles. Such as snarks and/or satchels. If you clip in to another player and use it on them in a lift, elevator, tram, etc. they will get crushed.

Last edited by Rirre; 01-22-2023 at 16:26.