2.6, 1.4.5
Plugin Category:
General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    An update to DeathChaos25's [L4D2] Vocalize Based On Player Model.
    Old 04-08-2016 , 05:05   [L4D2] Model Based Vocalizations
    Reply With Quote #1

All credits go to the original author/creator/maker, the additional vocalizations and other stuff are for me. Actually, I'm trying to help her make that plugin approved for L4D2 gamers out there missing Zoey, Francis, or any of the L4D1 Survivors when playing on Windows since they crash the game when using them.

No CVars included, just vocalizations. This plugin lets player vocalize based on what their model is. (Example: [Witch-Crowner]Kimmy has Zoey's model, all her vocalizations will be Zoey's voice.

As of now, part one is complete but needs rewriting and part two is 18% so you still can't make Zoey and Francis vocalize on some events.

In order for this to work, you must download [L4D2] Fake L4D1 Survivors, don't worry about the other plugins because I added them together to a single .zip file.

Vocalize Fatigue 2 --> Main Link

IMPROVEMENTS:
    • New vocalizations and event hooks. (Part two)

TO DO:
    • Add more event hooks as well as the scenes to fire. (Part two)

Notes: I'm not trying to steal her work because I'm doing this in gratitude for her making plugins especially when it comes to fixing Zoey or any of the L4D1 survivors broken on Windows. So all praises, comments, and other stuffs goes to her.

Quote:
    Changelog: 04-08-16
    - First release.
    - 1 bug still remains but doesn't affect the game, just the survivors' vocalizations.

04-11-16
    - Oops, forgot to mention something. In order for this to work, you must download Vocalize Fatigue 2 and sad to say for local servers, that plugin runs only for dedicated ones.

04-17-16
    - Made Vocalize Fatigue working for local servers so don't be let down, other gamers. There is still hope.

04-19-16
    - Super code enchancements made.
    - As written above, all scene numberings are correctly arranged and matched.
    - Found extreme server crasher bug: Invalid entities logs. [FIX] Added IsValidEntity checks to all event hooks.
    - Plugin uploaded.
    - Found another bug: Invalid entities that returns as tanks? [FIX] Added check to exclude them for ever being included.
    - Restored all vocalizations and is now fully working.

04-20-16
    - Changed from OnPlayerHurt event hook to SDKHook for better detection of players getting hurt.
    - Fixed Francis' scene numberings, resulting to incorrect vocalize matches.
    - Major code cleaning and enhancing.
    - New fixes.

04-21-16
    - Okay, this is weird. Somehow the translations file never got uploaded in the .zip file. Must have been the connection. Uploading it now..
    - Newly added Grenade vocalizations.
    - Found another extreme server crasher bug: Logs about invalid entity classnames in OnWeaponReload() and OnWeaponFire().
    - Plugin temporarily removed due to massive error logs. Trying to delete all of them at once.

04-23-16
    - It seems that I have broke Vocalize Fatigue 2 during modification because I accidentally removed an important function. Please remove all traces of the previous attached Vocalize Fatigue 2 and redownload the attached .zip file.
    - Removed Grenade vocalizations as they cause the massive error logs and SDKHook check now reverted back to old OnPlayerHurt event hook.
    - Another major code enhancements. Rosetta menus are now working as well as new vocalizations.

04-24-16
    - Added tongue_grab event hook and PlayerGrabbedBySmoker vocalizations to go along with it.
    - Added PlayerWaitHere vocalizations as the final missing piece of the Z rosetta menu.

04-26-16
    - Added PlayerChoke vocalizations. Also, the choke_start event hook to fire.
    - Added choke_end, choke_stopped, tongue_pull_stopped, tongue_release event hooks to indicated that the victim is neither grabbed nor choked by smoker anymore.
    - Uploaded .smx file so you can just download directly.

04-28-16
    - Removed the recently added vocalizations as the array index reached its limit. Don't worry, I'll be making a part two for the other scenes and vocalizations.
    - Major code cleaning and enhancing. Now should be bug-free except for incorrect vocalizations.

04-29-16
    - Minor code cleaning. Added check for other special infected for the part two of the plugin so they don't conflict.
    - Part two now uploaded.

04-30-16
    - Found a way on how to force survivors laugh after killing Tanks.
    - Part one plugin reuploaded. Part two still fixing array index out of bounds error.

05-03-16
    - Fixed another bug where repeating vocalizations occur rarely. Real final version of part one.

05-05-16 and 05-07-16
    - Updates are in the last post, people.
    - Plugins reuploaded. Fully optimized, adjusted, and cleaned.

05-08-16
    - Added TIMER_FLAG_NO_MAPCHANGE to repeating timers.
    - Added boolean reset in "defibrillator_used" event hook.

05-14-16 and 05-30-16
    - Again, last post, people.
    Watch one of these:
    It won't work if you don't have Vocalize Fatigue 2 and will definitely crash on the loading screen.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (model-based_vocalizations_pt1-l4d2.sp - 919 views - 131.6 KB)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (model-based_vocalizations_pt2-l4d2.sp - 819 views - 43.6 KB)
    File Type: smx model-based_vocalizations_pt1-l4d2.smx (40.8 KB, 922 views)
    File Type: smx model-based_vocalizations_pt2-l4d2.smx (18.3 KB, 1041 views)

Last edited by cravenge; 05-30-2016 at 02:25. Reason: New Version
    Merudo
    Old 04-08-2016 , 16:37   Re: [L4D2] Model Based Vocalizations
    Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cravenge View Post
    Also, keep in mind that this is only 80% done so you can't fully experience Zoey and Francis on Windows yet. This plugin lets player vocalize based on what their model is. (Example: [Witch-Crowner]Kimmy has Zoey's model, all her vocalizations will be Zoey's voice.
    Zoey vocalizations already work well on Windows with FakeZoey. I guess your plugin is equivalent to FakeFrancis (for Windows 10)?

Last edited by Merudo; 04-08-2016 at 16:40.
    cravenge
    Veteran Member
    Old 04-08-2016 , 19:22   Re: [L4D2] Model Based Vocalizations
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Merudo View Post
    Zoey vocalizations already work well on Windows with FakeZoey. I guess your plugin is equivalent to FakeFrancis (for Windows 10)?
    Yup, because somehow whenever changing to Francis, players report to me that the server crashes. So I tested it out, and indeed, it crashes after 5 seconds.

Last edited by cravenge; 04-09-2016 at 03:32.
    cravenge
    Veteran Member
    Old 04-19-2016 , 01:14   Re: [L4D2] Fake L4D1 Survivors Vocalizations
    Reply With Quote #4

Updated to 1.1:

=> Removed all vocalizations except for Zoey and Francis to prevent performing scene conflicts and possible server crashes.
    => Huge, major update. No more incorrect vocalizations.
    => Still 1 bug but only rare.
    cravenge
    Veteran Member
    Old 04-19-2016 , 08:57   Re: [L4D2] Model Based Vocalizations
    Reply With Quote #5

Updated to 1.2:

==> Restored all vocalizations of all 8 survivors and is now fully working again.
    ==> Added revive_begin event hook along with the appropriate scenes to perform.
    ==> Simpler way to properly vocalize ledge hang vocalizations. You can check the code (for those who know how to tangle with codings and are curious).
    cravenge
    Veteran Member
    Old 04-19-2016 , 22:11   Re: [L4D2] Model Based Vocalizations
    Reply With Quote #6

Wew, now I know how SDKHooks work.

Updated to 1.3:

==> Better detection of survivors getting hurt.
    ==> Replaced OnPlayerHurt event hook with SDKHooks.
    ==> Added timer betweer each HurtMinor / HurtMajor vocalizations.
    cravenge
    Veteran Member
    Old 04-20-2016 , 10:21   Re: [L4D2] Model Based Vocalizations
    Reply With Quote #7

Updated to 1.4:

==> Major code cleaning.
    ==> Added maxplayers+1 check for individual vocalizations.
    ==> More accurate detection through SDKHooks.
    ==> Added check for acid spits to prevent above bug.
    Sev
    Veteran Member
    Old 04-20-2016 , 12:40   Re: [L4D2] Model Based Vocalizations
    Reply With Quote #8

I use Linux so no worries.

But a side comment on the video. I notice your L4D1 survivors have the pointing animations when saying LOOK.

I never have those. I wonder if they only work with the vanilla models and no addons or what the deal is, because throughout all these years. I've never seen them use those animations unless the game is called L4D1.
    Krufftys Killers
    Old 04-20-2016 , 13:17   Re: [L4D2] Model Based Vocalizations
    Reply With Quote #9

L 04/20/2016 - 13:145: SourceMod error session started
    L 04/20/2016 - 13:145: Info (map "c5m1_waterfront") (file "errors_20160420.log")
    L 04/20/2016 - 13:145: [SM] Plugin encountered error 25: Call was aborted
    L 04/20/2016 - 13:145: [SM] Native "SetFailState" reported: vocalizefatigue.phrases Translations Missing!
    L 04/20/2016 - 13:145: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "vocalizefatigue.smx":
    L 04/20/2016 - 13:145: [SM] [0] Line 282, main.sp::LoadPluginTranslations()
    L 04/20/2016 - 13:145: [SM] [1] Line 154, main.sp::OnPluginStart()
    L 04/20/2016 - 13:14:40: Error log file session closed.
    cravenge
    Veteran Member
    Old 04-20-2016 , 22:09   Re: [L4D2] Model Based Vocalizations
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sev View Post
    I use Linux so no worries.

But a side comment on the video. I notice your L4D1 survivors have the pointing animations when saying LOOK.

I never have those. I wonder if they only work with the vanilla models and no addons or what the deal is, because throughout all these years. I've never seen them use those animations unless the game is called L4D1.
    Hmm, I wonder if Valve never included those animations in Linux, which reminds me when playing Linux-operated servers, they never did even though it was seen in The Passing Finale that Zoey used pointing animations when she saw gascans near the generator. Weird!