12% 

CSS Grenade Pockets

Post New Thread Reply   

Brian
Old 01-01-2011 , 04:56   Re: CSS Grenade Pockets
Reply With Quote #11

This mod looks to have been disapproved because:

Quote:
Reason for Unapproving: This is built into the game.
Response- Please tell me how this is possible.

These variables; ammo_flashbang_max, ammo_hegrenade_max, and ammo_smokegrenade_max should allow you to specify a certain amount of grenades, smokes, and flashes if put into something like server.cfg and server restarted. However, this just isn't the case. It does absolutely nothing.

Now don't get me wrong, if you type in the commands through rcon with nothing specified to see what the server will respond with, it will tell you that e.g. you have the ammo_hegrenage_max set to 2.. Just you will not be able to buy or pick up a total of 2 grenades. I've tried this on 4 servers now. Unless I'm missing something (and that is completely possible), it is not built into the game.

Attempts: Put the cvars with 2 specified for each grenade type into server.cfg,
checked through console to see that cvars are showing a total of 2 allowed.

Results: Could not buy two of anything except flashbangs. Only because that's the normal limit.
Brian
Old 01-02-2011 , 20:41   Re: CSS Grenade Pockets
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawMAN View Post
About: Plugin create slots for any grenade types and blocks build in slots for specific grenade type. For example with this plugin you can have 4 HE OR 2 HE and 2 Smoke OR 3 Flashbangs and 1 smoke etc...

Requirements: SourceMOD 1.2 and Hacks Extension(if you want have pick up function)

Cvar: sm_grenades_limit - Max amount of grenades per player, default 4, min 1

Install: If you have Hacks Extension download grenadeslot.smx and copy to addons/sourcemod/plugins
If you don't have Hacks Extension copy grenadeslot_nohacks.smx to addons/sourcemod/plugins folder

Thanks to Greyscale because i mostly based on his Grenades Pack plugin
I say you should try again. Given the latest information, you could try to recreate what you've done here (maybe use sdkhooks instead of hacks extension) and you'd have a very nice mod. I bet with the latest info, you'd have a much better chance of it getting approved.