Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

GUI In Development

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

BAILOPAN
Old 04-17-2004 , 03:44  

The program won't be made using an installer kit, sorry...
It's not just an installer but a separate application.
Old 04-17-2004 , 08:25  

As we've discussed on IRC BAILOPAN, theres always my installer, it only does installs so it doesn't tread on any configuration toes. Plus its had loads of development done on it already .
TriggerTreaT
Old 04-19-2004 , 16:01  

hmm i liked the before mentioned idea of being able to remotely administrate and update AMX X....but as far making a panel for server companies that might be something of a waste of effort. I dont know if you noticed but just about every server company has or is converting to such a panel interface....it would be like selling refridgerators to eskimos.

Presently via my cheap hole in the wall hosts userCP I can do the whole modify users, change configs, stop/start/restart, ftp etc.

Now I think something of use would be more like a control center which links all servers running AMX X to a main control center and would maybe grab updated content into a folder on each server prior to install. Then maybe allow servers to then move content into place and be restarted via the control center easily without having to access each server individually stop it, load it, and restart it. As well maybe be able to console say to any server in the list and allow patrons to send requests or console says back to control center. Like:

Say Im trying to install addons or plugins, something like that and well its not loading right so I just open my console and amx_saysomething "I have this problem here can you help blah blah blah"

Control center would then get a flag or notice and access the server setup to provide realtime assistance.

Also maybe have it keep a default setup profile that can be accessed and loaded like an "Oops" or panic restore in the event of "COMMON USER"

Now that might be the kind of control panel you could market to server companys in connection with the free clients their patrons use.
Send a message via MSN to TriggerTreaT
tron73
Old 04-19-2004 , 22:43   So what?

1. I do not understand exactly, why not to use a gnu confirmed software to make money out of it. Many corporations worldwide use (I hope ) linux and make money with it. This is because of the lower costs.

2. I do not understand, why many corporations and so on are not giving the linux community support. That could be done in many ways, for example a hosting company could offensivly announce (on websites and so on) that they use some special software "out of the gnu world" and why they use it.

3. Back to the topic: it would be great, if the mod has an own compiler on board, so you could open a menu or what from inside the game and install the rest after a simple basic-installation (a little steam in steam ...) The mod isnt big, so many little "download-servers" (the hlds-servers themself) could spread it .....

Okay, some ideas from me ...

Daniel
Send a message via ICQ to tron73
Closed Thread