[ANY] Extended Mute (Discontinued!)

Post New Thread Reply   

Sandfly
Old 08-27-2010 , 20:42   Re: [ANY] Extended Mute
Reply With Quote #21

Just to clarify for you, twistedpanda .. in my previous post, when I typed
Quote:
for example /egag کẩήďFlҰ 120 this is what happens:
I actually meant to say /emute کẩήďFlҰ 120 in that example, then the Mute window example appeared after I typed in the estatus command and it showed as you see in the screenshot - with the Permanent Mute applied.

The same thing happened when I typed /egag کẩήďFlҰ 120 or for example /esilence کẩήďFlҰ 120 - irrespective of any timeframe applied, it always came up as a Permanent punishment when I went back and confirmed the timeframe via estatus.

Cheers and apologies for the mistype in previous post - this is just to clarify.
|IC| UltimateZombie: Reloaded - IP: 117.20.5.153:27015

|IC| Ultra GunGame SM - IP: 117.20.5.153:27018
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 08-28-2010 , 12:18   Re: [ANY] Extended Mute
Reply With Quote #22

I just tested it in my server and it's not necessarily a problem with the script (although I'll see if I can fix the issue), but with your name.

PHP Code:
[SMMuted کẩήďFlҰ for 0 minutes.
[SMGagged کẩήďFlҰ for 0 minutes.

[SMMuted Panda OminousGaming.com for 120 minutes.
[
SMGaggedPanda OminousGaming.com for 120 minutes
For some reason, the ascii characters in your name are being carried over to the length of the punishment, thus resulting in a time value of 0 rather than the desired time. I used the same commands for your name and mine (I copied your name to test), and it functioned differently depending on the name.
Old 08-28-2010 , 18:48   Re: [ANY] Extended Mute
Reply With Quote #23

Hello panda,

Yes, there is confirmed no problem with regularly spelled player nicks ... muting a player 'knife_edge' for 120 minutes was no problem at all when I tested it, nor were there any problems for our Admins to apply varying length timeframes to any players who had regular nicks and were muted for various time lengths over the course of yesterday.

However, most servers have a fairly big percentage of players who do have Ascii characters in their playing nicks ... is there a way for your great plugin to be able to be made to work with that?

Sure, the option is still there to apply an Extended Mute to those players via the Admin Menu for a default 60 minutes, but the only other option for that is to give them a Permanent Mute for example.

I tried the suggested command line you suggested a couple of posts ago, with respect to /emute #userid in chat window and then sm_emute #userid in console.
In both cases, it came up as this:
Code:
] sm_emute STEAM_5:5:5555555 <---- Real SteamID Hidden
[SM] No matching client was found.

... so even the userid from a player with Ascii characters in their nicks could not be targeted.

Now, other than applying a default 60 minute Extended Mute to players with Ascii characters in their nicks, or the only other alternative being a Perm punishment, is it possible to make the plugin respond to Ascii character nicknames the same way as it does with regular nicks?

I think your idea of having pre-determined Extended punishment timeframes is an excellent one. If you had timeframes for an Admin to choose from through the Admin menu, for example a collection made up like this:

12 Hours
1 Day
1 Week
1 Fortnight
1 Month

I then think that it would make timeframe selection easier and quicker to apply ... although would the same problem in relation to Ascii character player nicks remain?

Looking forward to seeing if you are able to implement a possible solution for this, as other than this small issue, the plugin works terrifically.

thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 08-28-2010 , 20:48   Re: [ANY] Extended Mute
Reply With Quote #24

You used the client's steamid, not their userid, so it wouldn't work to begin with. Proper usage would be something like sm_emute #333 120, not sm_emute #STEAM_0:1:1234567. An alternative is to simply encase the ascii characters in quotation marks, "کẩήďFlҰ" will not glitch the time aspect. That's likely how I'll have to fix the issue, if possible, is to apply quotation marks to the player name if they do not exist already.

As for the pre-determined time aspect, I'm still working on that feature but my community just received official sponsorship and I'm looking at having to setup 6 brand new servers, so that feature might be put on hold for a little while.
Old 08-29-2010 , 06:46   Re: [ANY] Extended Mute
Reply With Quote #25

Hi twistedpanda,

Yep, quotation marks work well - all confirmed. Congrats on the sponsorship - will look forward to when you have some time to further implement more ideas into this terrific plugin and will check back from time to time for same.

Cheers, respects & thanks.

Inflikted
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-30-2010 , 11:14   Re: [ANY] Extended Mute
Reply With Quote #26

any chance someone can build a menu similar to ban/kick, with a timer selection?
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 08-30-2010 , 11:15   Re: [ANY] Extended Mute
Reply With Quote #27

If you read the initial post that is something I'm working on adding =O.
Old 08-30-2010 , 15:36   Re: [ANY] Extended Mute
Reply With Quote #28

Where are the mutes stored? So I can copy them over to another server to keep them semi-synced (If at all possible)
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 08-30-2010 , 15:39   Re: [ANY] Extended Mute
Reply With Quote #29

/sourcemod/data/sqlite/clientprefs-sqlite.sq3. It uses the cookie system (!settings) for SourceMod. This was just a quick and easy extended punishment system, a proper one would have it's own database / mysql support / etc. A temporary one until such a plugin is created, so to speak.
Old 08-30-2010 , 15:49   Re: [ANY] Extended Mute
Reply With Quote #30

I see, this does pose a slight problem when handling multiple servers, for the time being would it be possible to implement a sm_emute_add (steamID) (Minutes) ?

Because its nigh impossible to 'sync' them as it is now (Least I think it is, I'm quite rubbish at the deeper understanding here) so being able to manually add someone by their steamID and match the length of the mute/gag would work.

(Thanks for the quick reply btw, and we love the plugin)