Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[ANY] Extended Mute (Discontinued!)

Post New Thread Reply   

alinayg
Old 08-22-2010 , 00:13   Re: Extended Mute
Reply With Quote #11

Alright i was just wondering because no where in the op did you say that. Is there anyway that you could just make it replace sm_mute etc ?
Old 08-22-2010 , 00:25   Re: Extended Mute
Reply With Quote #12

It would be quite easy to do so, but unfortunately, I really don't want to support this further than other than what's listed in the To-Do list. I only released it because there had been some need for it in the past and I wanted to show the rather cheap method of a timed punishment released with SM 1.3.0. I'm sure someone else could create a much more appropriate plug-in that used original SM commands rather than 6 additional ones, but I have several other projects on my hands atm that prevent me from even indulging that possibility.
Old 08-22-2010 , 13:41   Re: Extended Mute
Reply With Quote #13

That's fine, thanks for the contribution.
Old 08-22-2010 , 19:56   Re: Extended Mute
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetwistedpanda View Post
I honestly didn't look too much at the original plugin's source, but I didn't see anything relating to MySQL. I used FLOOR_MASTER's original post, so if he added MySQL support in a later post then this one definitely doesn't have it. Unfortunately, MySQL and Menus are not something I've had much experience with despite over a year of SourceMod, so I'm not sure if I'd be able to add that support anytime soon. I coded this for my servers but remembered seeing dozens of requests for similar functionality, so I went ahead and released it.
Alright well poo, I guess I'm going to have to drill my drain with code and fix up the newer version of the old one. It seems to "work," just unable to figure the MySQL support ;).

Thanks any who.
http://www.cerksystems.com
Send a message via AIM to EvilLinux Send a message via MSN to EvilLinux Send a message via Yahoo to EvilLinux Send a message via Skype™ to EvilLinux
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 08-22-2010 , 20:28   Re: Extended Mute
Reply With Quote #15

If you can direct me to the MySQL version I'll take a look at it; there are enough plugins that use mysql that I might be able to whip something up
Old 08-23-2010 , 10:13   Re: Extended Mute
Reply With Quote #16

To anyone that downloaded this plugin, please download the latest version. The version you currently have will not correctly apply punishments when players reconnect, however, all current punishments will continue to function properly after you update. Sorry!
Old 08-23-2010 , 10:20   Re: Extended Mute
Reply With Quote #17

It's really a plugin i'm looking forward to.

Continue the good job.

(fingers crossed for mysql support )

thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 08-25-2010 , 16:06   Re: [ANY] Extended Mute
Reply With Quote #18

Updated to v1.1.7: Replaced the ProcessCookies() function with a timer with a one second delay to prevent punishments from being overridden by base plugins (no idea why, but it fixes it >.>).

*Edit*
Updated to v1.2.0: Correctly fixed issue where players are sometimes not punished. Added sm_estatus for administrators to query the mute status of other players. Fixed a bit of phrasing.

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 08-26-2010 at 23:41.
Sandfly
Old 08-27-2010 , 18:47   Re: [ANY] Extended Mute
Reply With Quote #19

Hello twistedpanda,

Potentially, an extremely useful plugin is this one - I've gone through it and have noted something that probably needs fixing, unless I'm doing something wrong that you could advise me on.

Installing it is a breeze, however the one function that this has that elevates it doesn't appear to be working - the nominated time for a Mute / Gag / Silence.
Using the normal Admin Menu access to the commands brings up the Extended Menu function, no problem as seen below:

When the player is selected, the default timeframe from the Menu, after the player is selected and Extended Mute for example is chosen, is 60 minutes, as seen in the last pic above.

However, when /emute <player> <time> is typed in the chat window, for example /egag کẩήďFlҰ 120 this is what happens:

Then when I do an estatus check on the player like so: /estatus کẩήďFlҰ the response comes back like this:

So, essentially, the nominated timeframe command does not appear to be working at this time. To double check, I tried the same command line with Gag, Mute & Silence, and no matter what timeframe I put in there, from 120 minutes to 1000 minutes, the player was always Permanently Muted / Gagged / Silenced.

If I'm not doing something correctly, please advise; otherwise, I hope this helps you narrow down what might be a problem, and will certainly look forward to a fix if applicable.

Cheers!
|IC| UltimateZombie: Reloaded - IP: 117.20.5.153:27015

|IC| Ultra GunGame SM - IP: 117.20.5.153:27018

Last edited by Sandfly; 08-28-2010 at 11:16.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 08-27-2010 , 19:33   Re: [ANY] Extended Mute
Reply With Quote #20

I'll certainly look into this issue and get back to you as soon as possible, I haven't had this issue in my own servers but I'll see what I can find.

*Edit, I think it may have something to do with the ascii characters. Could you try doing a sm_egag #userid instead of using the player name, and see if it still gives you the same result?

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 08-27-2010 at 19:38.