Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Mapchooser - with TEAMSWAP function on extend!

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
LocutusH
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Counter-Strike: Source
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    A modded mapchooser.smx, to have teamswap function on extending.
    Unapprover:
    Reason for Unapproving:
    Built into 1.1 core
    Old 01-18-2008 , 06:32   Mapchooser - with TEAMSWAP function on extend!
    Reply With Quote #1

Mapchooser with teamswap - by SGTEAM

What it does?

It will simply do a teamswap if the existing "extend map" option is voted, on map end votes. If this option wins, the teams will be swapped on round end, just like in Mani's Admin Plugin.

How does it do that?

It is hardcoded to do it. It will always do it, if extending is enabled in the existing mapchooser configuration, and voted for. There are no cvars to change. If you dont want the teamswap to happen, use the original mapchooser by Ferret, included in your SourceMOD installation. This modded mapchooser has only this one purpose.

How do i install it?
    1. Put this modded mapchooser.smx into your plugins folder. If you were using mapchooser already, be sure to have the original mapchooser.smx overwritten! (If you need, you will always find an original in the plugins/disabled folder.)
    2. Edit your exisiting mapchooser translation file, to have the text "Extend map" altered to "Extend map and swap teams". Or whatever you want to say there.
    3. Wait until mapchange, and it will work

Requirements, or dependencies?

None. But it is only tested on Counter-Strike:Source. It should work up to 64 players, however we tested it only on a 20(+1hreserved slot) slots server.

Does it have any problems?

Yes.
    • It will give you a couple of errors in the logs on every teamswap, about client indexing. But this will not cause any problems in game. If someone figures out why the error happens, tell me and we will fix it
    • It could sometimes interfere with the RTV plugin, if votes are started the same time. But the original mapchooser does this also, so this is not the problem of this modded plugin.
    • DO NOT RELOAD this plugin, via sm plugins reload! The map end vote will go crazy, if you do that. Wait until mapchange, or restart your server.

Version History

1.0 - Initial Release (Based on SM v1854 version)

Credits

To Ferret, for writing the original plugin, and giving permission to release this here.
    To [SG]Dodo55, for the coding help.

Please note, that this plugin is just a temporary solution to this problem. The SourceMOD team is working on a rewrite of the whole rtv/mapchooser system, and when that is released, this will become obsolete. So for this, and maybe other reasons, this plugin may never get Approved.
    Anyways, you can see this plugin working on our server (see sig - if you can join, because its country limited).

You can visit our homepage here: http://team.sg.hu

(will post the sp later)
    Attached Files
    File Type: smx mapchooser.smx (8.6 KB, 508 views)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (mapchooser.sp - 1335 views - 15.8 KB)

Last edited by LocutusH; 01-18-2008 at 15:15. Reason: added .sp
    BAILOPAN
    Old 01-23-2008 , 07:15   Re: Mapchooser - with TEAMSWAP function on extend!
    Reply With Quote #2

Your team switch loops from 1 to 64 even though there might not be that many players. You're also using IsClientConnected() when CS_SwitchTeam's error condition has "client not in game."

I only looked at that piece of code so I haven't seen the rest of the plugin.
    Old 01-23-2008 , 07:27   Re: Mapchooser - with TEAMSWAP function on extend!
    Reply With Quote #3

Thx for pointing to that.

We are using it with SM 1854, and it works fine.

However, we will try upgrading to the latest SM build, where the cs_switchteam's bug is fixed, and see what we have to modify to make it work clean.
    Old 02-16-2008 , 06:54   Re: Mapchooser - with TEAMSWAP function on extend!
    Reply With Quote #4

Great plugin.

Do you think that it's possible to do a votemap with different maps.ini.

I've seen that it's possible to run the mapvote before time/round/frag limit by writing in console : sm_mapvote.

So what I want it's to run mapvote by this way but whith the possibility to change sm_mapvote_file cvar to maps.ini or ggmaps.ini or dmmaps.ini or surfmaps.ini .....

Maybe by using sm_supermenu. I've tried but with no succes (even if I saw in game this : [SM] change cvar sm_mapvote_file for ggmaps.ini).
    Do you have any idea for this request?
    LocutusH
    Old 02-18-2008 , 03:54   Re: Mapchooser - with TEAMSWAP function on extend!
    Reply With Quote #5

Currently we have no plans on integrating such a function.

The first and only thing on the todo list is to make the plugin error-free, and working with the newest SM release. Dont misunderstand this, it DOES work with the newest SM version too, but the code can be simplifyed back since the SM bug does not exist anymore, and then there will be no errors in the logs too.

The only thing hindering us, that the newest SM version (1876) breaks some features in other plugins (wich arent maintained anymore as it seems), and therefore we dont want to upgrade our server yet. And until this happens, we are also not refreshing this plugin.

After this, we may consider adding new features too, but i think as the official release of the new SM mapchooser functionality nears, there will be no reason to maintain this plugin anymore.
    Old 02-20-2008 , 18:25   Re: Mapchooser - with TEAMSWAP function on extend!
    Reply With Quote #6

Temporarily improved until a core solution is released.
    ander1200
    Old 12-31-2010 , 05:25   Re: Mapchooser - with TEAMSWAP function on extend!
    Reply With Quote #7

Hello
    I have a problem I do not see in the mapchooser.cfg "extend map"
    what needs to be mapchoser.cfg?

this is my
    Attached Files
    File Type: cfg mapchooser.cfg (2.0 KB, 302 views)