Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

Gamedata Checker

Post New Thread Reply   

CuriousG
Old 03-07-2013 , 17:05   Re: Gamedata Checker
Reply With Quote #11

Is there a chance you can add TF2 Beta to your scripts? Since regular TF2 will eventually be moved over to Steampipe, you can get a headstart in porting it over.

Also with the last beta update, I have no gamedata to refer to since Berni's virtual offset table doesn't handle the new builds and SourceMod has been crashing as soon as the game starts. I'm hoping it is just gamedata related and have something to cross reference with regular TF2 gamedata.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 03-07-2013 , 18:52   Re: Gamedata Checker
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousG View Post
Is there a chance you can add TF2 Beta to your scripts? Since regular TF2 will eventually be moved over to Steampipe, you can get a headstart in porting it over.
The biggest changes are the filesystem interface changes that wouldn't be caught by that and that we're already prepared for. It's not likely much else is going to change since this update is targeted at just vpk support (which is why they've been release other updates to the main client in the meantime.

I also can't add it at the moment without updating my copy of DepotDownloader, which will break downloads for games on the old content system due to a bug in the latest version.
CuriousG
Old 03-07-2013 , 20:47   Re: Gamedata Checker
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
The biggest changes are the filesystem interface changes that wouldn't be caught by that and that we're already prepared for. It's not likely much else is going to change since this update is targeted at just vpk support (which is why they've been release other updates to the main client in the meantime.

I also can't add it at the moment without updating my copy of DepotDownloader, which will break downloads for games on the old content system due to a bug in the latest version.
I guess I'll just roll back gamedata from Mercurial until I find one that works in the meantime.

I don't know what to tell you otherwise though. Prior to the update yesterday I had a bunch of plugins working fine. Now I barely have SourceMod working. I can do things like kick and blind but not burn.

Running MM build 813 and SM build 3806.

Last edited by CuriousG; 03-07-2013 at 21:11.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 03-11-2013 , 21:46   Re: Gamedata Checker
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
I guess I'll just roll back gamedata from Mercurial until I find one that works in the meantime.

I don't know what to tell you otherwise though. Prior to the update yesterday I had a bunch of plugins working fine. Now I barely have SourceMod working. I can do things like kick and blind but not burn.

Running MM build 813 and SM build 3806.
I made a workaround for the DepotDownloader bug and did a check against TF2 Beta. It will indeed need new gamedata. However, we cannot put it into snapshots now else they would be broken for normal TF2. Instead, we'll do what we usually do when there is advanced notice of updates and just have the fixes ready to commit when the update releases.
CuriousG
Old 03-11-2013 , 23:00   Re: Gamedata Checker
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
I made a workaround for the DepotDownloader bug and did a check against TF2 Beta. It will indeed need new gamedata. However, we cannot put it into snapshots now else they would be broken for normal TF2. Instead, we'll do what we usually do when there is advanced notice of updates and just have the fixes ready to commit when the update releases.
I would never ask that you to put that in the snapshots. Which is why I wanted or needed something for reference so I can manually update my gamedata. It isn't the first time I've had to do the manual update. Is there a log anywhere with the TF2B info?

Last edited by CuriousG; 03-11-2013 at 23:02.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 03-11-2013 , 23:20   Re: Gamedata Checker
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
I would never ask that you to put that in the snapshots. Which is why I wanted or needed something for reference so I can manually update my gamedata. It isn't the first time I've had to do the manual update. Is there a log anywhere with the TF2B info?
Spoiler
CuriousG
Old 03-12-2013 , 03:13   Re: Gamedata Checker
Reply With Quote #17

Thanks! That did the trick. Got everything working again.

Edit:

After a little more messing around and looking at the logs, it appears that AddCondition may need to be updated. I am running Windows for server so I'm sure it doesn't affect the Linux servers.

L 03/12/2013 - 11:031: [SM] Native "TF2_AddCondition" reported: Failed to locate function
L 03/12/2013 - 11:031: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "rtd.smx":
L 03/12/2013 - 127:29: [SM] Native "TF2_AddCondition" reported: Failed to locate function
L 03/12/2013 - 127:29: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "bonusroundimmunityMOI.smx":

amp_node plugin doesn't appear to give mini crits nor the amber mini crit effect which I believe uses condition for amplifier.

Last edited by CuriousG; 03-12-2013 at 18:15.