Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

CSDM 2.1.3d KWo beta

Post New Thread Reply   

Simon Logic
Old 12-06-2006 , 18:08   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #21

I was playing crossfire (deathmatch original map). Also u can test any map with entities made by mappers. item_mode does not care about existent item entities yet. Also you can make an option - to strip or not existent map entities. It would be very flexible.

Also take .cfg files with entity data i've attached in neighbour topic called bsp2csdm.

As for bounding boxes. Just play with the above files to see the difference by yourself. Your bounding boxes are not the same as HLM has. In CS you have to jump directly on item to grab it instead of taking it when you bypass it close enough. It irritates extremely when an item is put on a half-player-height platfrom because you have to jump over it. It really noticable on xbounce2 map.

Also i've attached a screenshot which shows that visually i already touched a weapon but it is not grabbed by me yet. I almost sure that weapons have small ({16, 16, 8} instead of {32, 32, 16}) bounding boxes too.

Q1. This is not applicable for DM maps. I'm just asking about an option. After you've been spawned it's very hard to fight and search for some weapon with the only knife. =) You almost have no change to survive (3 sec damage protection does not help; don't want set more time). Also it's not so critical because csdm is open source =)
Q2. You misanderstood me a little. You actually grab a weapon, but this action just fulfils your ammo clip with amount of bullets in picking up weapon.

Other questions i'll reply later. Need to sleep right now.
Attached Files
File Type: zip itemmod_screenshots.zip (105.1 KB, 704 views)

Last edited by Simon Logic; 12-06-2006 at 18:20.
Send a message via Skype™ to Simon Logic
faluco
Developer
Old 12-07-2006 , 14:18   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #22

Kwo ive decided you should make the itemmode editor in a separate plugin like what is done for spawn. I dont understand how people are getting double items, but it didnt happen before, so in order to ease debugging for the future its better to separete it into 2 plugins. Thanks

Btw good point on the weapon box size, ive encountered this issue too before, but i dont know why i didnt fix it, indeed its better to increase the box size so you can get the item only by touching it.

Last edited by faluco; 12-07-2006 at 14:27.
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 12-07-2006 , 15:07   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by faluco
Kwo ive decided you should make the itemmode editor in a separate plugin like what is done for spawn.
It was BAILOPAN's decision to include item_editor inside itemmode plugin due to problems with necessity making some interface between plugins to tell csdm_itemmode from csdm_item_editor "Hey - the editor is now running - don't let pickup weapons by the player for this moment" or "Itemeditor has finished its work - please reload file with entities in csdm_itemmode plugin" etc. Because of similar (and other) reasons BAILOPAN decided to merge csdm_spawn_preset with spawn_editor. Please contact with him to have one idea how this mod should look like...
I'll try to debug it my-self if it's too difficult for You debug it with my code - don't worry. ;)

[EDIT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Logic View Post
I have the following issues with 2.1d:
1) when you come over an armorpack/medkit, you get it twice - frist when you're close enough to armor, second one when you come right over it. I suppose (now i'm sure) it's beause you do not strip an existent items from the map which duplicate them in ents_xxx.cfg file.
I think the problem is happening because of that tool and doesn't stripping existing weapons from the map.
@Faluco - Are You sure You tested it on any map with weapons on the ground made by mappers? ;)
[/EDIT]
[EDIT2]
Now I'm sure - in the csdm_main g_StripWeapons works only for weapons the players are spawned with, but it doesn't care about weapons existing on the ground (created by mappers). Well - I'm expecting some troubles with enabling CSDM during the game with itemmode on such maps (CSDM is enabled, it is starting to strip weapons and other entities like buyzones, bomb sites etc and the same time the entites are created from the file mapname_ents.cfg... - maybe they will be removed, too, if I don't delay creating them before stripping function will finish the work...)
[/EDIT2]

Last edited by KWo; 12-07-2006 at 15:53.
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 12-07-2006 , 17:41   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #24

@Simon Logic:
1)Weapons existing on maps (on ground) are stripped now if in misc section You have setuped "b" flag in remove_objectives variable. In the future I would suggest to BAILOPAN to add a separate flag for that. It's temporary - to let You test if it works.
2) weapons_stay 20 should work now for You with itemmode.
3) Added Your code for extending collision boxes for items and for grenades.
4) In csdm_misc there is added that pev_valid function in OnEntSpawn.
5) I still have no idea what is the problem with these "ugly cons" as hud - CS drawns them by it-self, not CSDM...

Last edited by KWo; 01-24-2007 at 04:04.
faluco
Developer
Old 12-07-2006 , 21:26   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #25

Yes i know BAILOPAN told you this, but ive already talked to him and we agreed to change it, sorry for the inconvenience. If you need a better interface we can discuss it and do some multiforwards for plugin communication to make it easier.

Yes i tested the plugin in fy_iceworld and no problems. About the weapons being dropped ignoring the drop time it is something i did on purpose to keep what the old itemmode did, since weapons are already on the floor and there are deathpacks if you start adding also the dropped weapons by players it looses part of the fun of the mod, so it wasnt really a bug.
And about those icons, its a message sent by the engine when you get a healthpack, im not sure now why it appears, i remember i added this manually to see if something nice appeared, but after seeing it was a skull i quickly removed it, dont know what a skull has to do with a healthpack but its something hardcoded in the engine.
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 12-08-2006 , 04:16   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #26

Another reason for itemeditor to be included into csdm_itemmode plugin was this - when I did it the first time as a separate plugin (about 1 month ago), the half of the code (for creating entities, reading config files with entities definition, removing them from the map etc) it was... about half code of Your plugin.
Here are some situations itemmode plugin should know the editor is working so it should behave in some specyfic ways (You need to rewrite some code of Your plugin anyway):
1. Someone switched to on my item editor - this man should see since that moment ALL weapons defined in the items config file (including these weapons they are restricted in csdm.cfg). In this case Your csdm_itemmode should remove all entities from the map then - itemeditor should create them including also these restricted (to let the user delete/move some of them, add new ones etc.)
2. Your plugin should know the user is editing the map entities config (by item editor) - so pfnTouch function shouldn't let pickup weapons in this time (You want to remove some item, but You are too close to it - so You pickup it, if that function lets do this; You removed some entity, but itemmode plugin doesn't know yet this - so You pickup not existing already item etc).
3. The user finished the work with editor - by using "exit" from any of menus in itemeditor - I have to remove all weapons from the map (because they might be also displayed these restricted), then You should get the info (itemeditor finished the work) and You should reload the config file.

In my private opinion making forwards for such kind communication and use 2 times the half code the same in 2 separate plugins is ugly and no worth to do, but let me know what was the main reason You successed with changing BAILOPAN's decision (as far as I know it's very hard to make him changing any decision, so You had to have really good argument - I would like to know it).
Simon Logic
Old 12-08-2006 , 06:11   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo
I think the problem is happening because of that tool
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo
3) Added Your code for extending collision boxes for items and for grenades.
I have rewritten the code to this one:
Code:
    new Float:Vec[3], Float:Vec2[3]     ...     if (type <= 30) // Is it a Weapon?     {         set_pev(entid, pev_angles, Float:{0.0, 0.0, 0.0})         set_pev(entid, pev_velocity, Float:{0.0, 0.0, 0.0})     }     // extend item bounding box to DM-like size...     pev(entid, pev_mins, Vec)     pev(entid, pev_maxs, Vec2)     if(Vec[0] > -16.0) Vec[0] = -16.0     if(Vec[1] > -16.0) Vec[1] = -16.0     if(Vec2[0] < 16.0) Vec2[0] = 16.0     if(Vec2[1] < 16.0) Vec2[1] = 16.0     engfunc(EngFunc_SetSize, entid, Vec, Vec2)
Consider it, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwo
5) I still have no idea what is the problem with these "ugly cons" as hud - CS drawns them by it-self, not CSDM...
I thought register_message() should do the job. I did not work with HUD icons yet.

And some more ideas:
1) i already hate a chat manual for longjump. Can you make it appear only once pre connect or once per round or disable at all at least in config file?
2) disable a BUY hint at HUD in item mode; i suppose it can be done with
Code:
register_message(get_user_msgid("HudTextArgs"), "hookHudTextArgs")

Quote:
but after seeing it was a skull i quickly removed it, dont know what a skull has to do with a healthpack but its something hardcoded in the engine.
Yes, CSDM 1.70 does not show HUD icons at all. Pity.

Quote:
About the weapons being dropped ignoring the drop time it is something i did on purpose...
You have settings in cfg file and CSDM should obey them. Isn't it a basic concept? Also i don't see any fun in disappearing weapon on drop. Moreover this feature adds new tactics. You can shoot with two (try more =) ) weapons consecutively.

Last edited by Simon Logic; 12-15-2006 at 12:50. Reason: [pawn][/pawn]
Send a message via Skype™ to Simon Logic
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 12-08-2006 , 07:18   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Logic
No.
I know - read [EDIT2]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Logic
Consider it, please.
Later - first, please, try test 2.1e I posted about 3 posts above.

You have settings in cfg file and CSDM should obey them. Isn't it a basic concept? Also i don't see any fun in disappearing weapon on drop. Moreover this feature adds new tactics. You can shoot with two (try more =) ) weapons consecutively.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
About the weapons being dropped ignoring the drop time it is something i did on purpose...
You can always write weapons_stay 0 in csdm.cfg - so Your weapons will be removed immediately. If someone want to have them on the ground for a while - why not? Done in 2.1e (really stupid way ) - please test it.
faluco
Developer
Old 12-08-2006 , 09:19   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #29

I have already told you the reason. If you want your editor to be added to the official release it will have to be done this way, it doesnt matter if you need to copy some of the code.

About the weapon drops, once more, deathpacks loose their purpose if you leave weapons on the floor by players, if you turn deathpacks off you will be able to drop them, that's how it is coded. Since a plugin may not meet every admins rules of play and this is open source you can change it for your server, just remove this code inside the plugin:
Code:
public csdm_HandleDrop(id, weapon, death)
{
 return (g_Enabled && g_droppacks && csdm_active()) ? CSDM_DROP_REMOVE : CSDM_DROP_CONTINUE
}
And of course its not funny, i dont laugh at all when i drop the weapon and it disappears, what i'll do is add a note in that option for next release.
Only a note, if your server has a high player count on heavy game playing you risk it from crashing.

I dont know why the skull is appearing in your game because i havent seen it in any other players happening but anyways i'll add a block for that message in case the server is sending it (which i doubt it), if this doesnt fix it then its your game doing it and there's nothing we can do with client side issues.
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 12-08-2006 , 12:20   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by faluco View Post
I have already told you the reason.
If the only reason is debugging problem, that's not big problem, but since You already decided so - I have no choice and I have to do this way, but as I told You - You will need change Your code a bit, too. I just doubt You whole looked into my code - it's written so easy way so You shouldn't have any problem to debugg it at all (just please look at it a bit). But as You want...

Quote:
you can change it for your server, just remove this code inside the plugin:
Code:
public csdm_HandleDrop(id, weapon, death)
{
 return (g_Enabled && g_droppacks && csdm_active()) ? CSDM_DROP_REMOVE : CSDM_DROP_CONTINUE
}
That's exactly what I did in my posted above version.

Quote:
And of course its not funny, i dont laugh at all when i drop the weapon and it disappears, what i'll do is add a note in that option for next release.
Only a note, if your server has a high player count on heavy game playing you risk it from crashing.
You may risk the same with "normal CSDM mode" (non-item mode) if weapon stay is grater than 0. I believe that's why in BAILOPAN's code there is a limit to 20 second only.