CSDM 2.1.3d KWo beta

Post New Thread Reply   

KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 11-26-2006 , 17:32   Re: CSDM 2.1c beta
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulpy
KWo, sounds interesting but for the weapon limit, is that per team, or just globally?
It's globally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulpy
Also, if u use a limited weapon, u say that the person cant press 2 or 3 so it gives others a chance, wat if the user just simply used it 1x, and suddenly bam, they cant for a while now, ppl tend to get annoyed when their choosing weapons and die because of it, and then the menu starts over again, so having say.. awpers choose a weapon every death, their of course going to try for the awp first, bam dead, damn, okay find ak, bam dead, ah finally ak.
I think I didn't get it. If awp is limited You cannot use 2 nor 3 next respawn but if ak47 is not limited, You can use 2 and 3 without any problem next respawn. And You can extend the time for spawn protection (in csdm.cfg) if You are afraid You cannot choose the weapon from the gun menu, because someone may kill You if You are choosing the gun too long time.
pulpy
Old 11-26-2006 , 19:11   Re: CSDM 2.1c beta
Reply With Quote #12

thanks for the reply, was hoping to do the limits per team, that way 1 team cant whore the awps or w/e, as sometimes 1 team becomes so dominating the awpers live for about 10 kills at a time. Also would it be difficult to change it so that its not every death but maybe... a set death limit before they must change weapons if their using a limited weapon?

Also the reason y i ask about the limits is because my server is a uwc3 dm server, so sometimes the teams get stacked lvl wise, and certain players can withstand about 3-4 awp shots (not legged) at times (me being 1), so instead of 1 team say.. getting 4 awps, and the awpers tend to be all high lvl's then the 1 team is screwed, because generally the only way to kill an awper, is a decently lvled opposing awper, or a few ppl para rushing him.

There is yet to be a balance system to work for csdm, let alone work for player lvls in wc3 style gameplay.
Old 11-27-2006 , 11:48   Re: CSDM 2.1c beta
Reply With Quote #13

I can change this to count the limit for teams (instead globally), but BAILOPAN is about to merging some my changes right now, so I don't know if I can post something newer. I found also the bug with limitation I did - at the very beginning (the first round after startup - everyone is able to take the limited gun, because noone owns it yet - so if all gun menus are displayed for all players simultaneously - all players are able to get the limited gun (which is wrong). But for bots it works correctly (only some bots are able to take the limited weapon, because it's checked for them exactly in the moment they choose some gun).

Last edited by KWo; 11-27-2006 at 11:52.
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 11-27-2006 , 17:28   Re: CSDM 2.1c beta
Reply With Quote #14

Please test this version with weapon limiting for teams. I've also fixed the bug I mentioned before. If everything will be working fine for You - I'll update the first post.

Last edited by KWo; 01-24-2007 at 04:04.
pulpy
Old 11-27-2006 , 21:00   Re: CSDM 2.1c beta
Reply With Quote #15

alright i'll try it out tonight
Old 11-28-2006 , 15:29   Re: CSDM 2.1c beta
Reply With Quote #16

I've forgot to write, You should've test that csdm_equip 2.1d plugin with all others plugins from 2.1c (and compile it with include from 2.1c), otheriwse You may experience some problems...
pulpy
Old 11-29-2006 , 05:29   Re: CSDM 2.1c beta
Reply With Quote #17

sry, got busy lately, havent had a chance to test it out, i'll try to asap
Old 12-01-2006 , 18:00   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #18

I've updated again the beta - the main change is - there are added some items to the CSDM Settings Menu (some options from csdm.cfg). Currently that menu contains 4 pages, so I didn't add there disabling/enabling weapons like they are listed in csdm.cfg in the [equip] part. If You can see the sense they should be also there I can add them, but for now please check these menus like they are and let me know if they are usefull.
Simon Logic
Old 12-06-2006 , 04:31   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #19

I have the following issues with 2.1d:
1) when you come over an armorpack/medkit, you get it twice - frist when you're close enough to armor, second one when you come right over it. I suppose (now i'm sure) it's beause you do not strip an existent items from the map which duplicate them in ents_xxx.cfg file.
2) i set weapons_stay = 20 but when you throw a weapon it immediately dissapears. If itemmode is disabled, everything is fine.
3) i recommend to extend collision boxes for items and for grenades also (like in HLDM); here is example
Code:
MakeEnt(item_id)
{
    if (type <= 30) // Is it a Weapon?
    {
        set_pev(entid, pev_angles, Float:{0.0, 0.0, 0.0})
        set_pev(entid, pev_velocity, Float:{0.0, 0.0, 0.0})
    }
    if(type > 30 || type == CSW_FLASHBANG || type == CSW_SMOKEGRENADE || type == CSW_HEGRENADE)
    {
        static const Float:vecItemMins[3] = {-16.0, -16.0, 0.0}
        static const Float:vecItemMaxs[3] = { 16.0,  16.0, 16.0}
        engfunc(EngFunc_SetSize, entid, vecItemMins, vecItemMaxs)
    }
}
4) pev function failed on some entities. an error raised within csdm_misc.sma::OnEntSpawn(ent). suppose one forgot to validate ent var by using pev_valid() function.
5) while taking a healthkit or armorpack an ugly icons draw on hud (do you need a screenshot?)

And some questions:
1) is it possible in itemmode to give a spawned player not only a nife, but a secondary weapon also?
2) (again in itemmode) if ammo_refill is 0 and you come over a weapon you have already you should grab it as a clip bonus (if there is a space in your clip). It's more DM-like style. Right now nothing happens.

Last edited by Simon Logic; 12-06-2006 at 13:45.
Send a message via Skype™ to Simon Logic
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 12-06-2006 , 15:51   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #20

Glad to see some feedback for my beta...
Also I'm happy You found only such issues - the most serious seems to be that one with 4) pev - doesn't matter if it was also in official CSDM2.1 or if it's some my mistake - that one need to be fixed with the highest priority.
About the issues:
1. I need to test with the same map You were testing it. What was the setting for stripping weapons from the maps (in the section [settings] - strip_weapons setting)? What was that map? I have to reproduce it on my PC to better understand and see what happens in the code.
2. weapons_stay - I believe I can fix it
3. I haven't tested yet Your code - what is it supposed to do?
4. That one for sure must be there.
5. Yeah - make a screenshot, please.

About Your questions:
1. The map items file should contain some secondary weapons near spawn points. It's only the question who and how created the file with entities. I did the editor for entities - so now You can easy put any itmes You want to have them on Your map. Just try and also give some feedback if You found some issues with item-editor.
2. I don't know why You should grab as bonus the ammo without pickuping the weapon? Try this way - drop Your current weapon and pickup that one You can see (the same type) from the ground - Your ammo should be as one clip full (I think). I haven't seen any specyfication of DM - how does it should work - maybe better wait for some answer from Bailopan.

If You can test with itemmode disabled the weapon restrictions - I mean limited amount of some weapons per map for on team - I mean for example:
[item_restrictions]
m4a1 3
ak47 2
deagle 4
etc - if it's working correctly for You (with itemmode disabled). I need for that some feedback, too.
During few days I'll try to post some newer beta with fixes for the issues You mentioned above.