Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Record Demo ClanMod style (V2.5)

Post New Thread Reply   

KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 12-28-2006 , 10:13   Re: Record Demo ClanMod style (V2.3)
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk552 View Post
Either way, I'd like someone to come say it works before I approve it.
The plugin is so easy in usage, so You need about 5-10 minutes to test it Your-self. After installing and starting the game it adds to the amxmodmenu 2 new items:
Record Demo
and
Screenshot

What You need to do is just press the key for such items and answer "Yes/No" to the questions the plugins gives You. Test few times on the same map, then change the map and test again. Then exit the game and check Your cstrike folder on Your listen (or dedicated) server to see what demo files are there created.
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 12-28-2006 , 10:15   Re: Record Demo ClanMod style (V2.3)
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
The plugin is so easy in usage, so You need about 5-10 minutes to test it Your-self. After installing and starting the game it adds to the amxmodmenu 2 new items:
Record Demo
and
Screenshot

What You need to do is just press the key for such items and answer "Yes/No" to the questions the plugins gives You. Test few times on the same map, then change the map and test again. Then exit the game and check Your cstrike folder on Your listen (or dedicated) server to see what demo files are there created.
I don't really have an HL1 server at my disposal, and I'd rather try it on dedicated since a listen server basically defeats the purpose of testing it.

I'll wait for someone else to test it.
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 12-28-2006 , 11:12   Re: Record Demo ClanMod style (V2.3)
Reply With Quote #13

I've tested on my computer (windows xp).

There is a problem with .dem file : no number increasing in the name of file.

example :
  • First record : arkange_de_dust2_1.dem
  • Next record : there isn't arkange_de_dust2_2.dem ; it seems that the first record has been overwritten

No problem with screenshot :
  • First : de_dust20000.bmp
  • Next : de_dust20001.bmp

Sorry for my bad english. -_-"

Also, here french translation corrected :

Code:
[fr]
AMX_REC_DEMO = AMX X Record Demo
CS_REC_DEMO = \yEnregistrer une Demo dans un fichier %s^n\w^n1. Oui^n2. Non
NOCS_REC_DEMO = Enregistrer une Demo dans un fichier %s^n^n1. Oui^n2. Non
CS_STOP_REC = \yArreter l'enregistrement de la Demo\w^n1. Oui
NOCS_STOP_REC = Arreter l'enregistrement de la Demo^n1. Oui
CS_SS = \yCapture d'ecran^n\dVoulez-vous prendre^nune capture d'ecran du tableau des scores ?^n\w^n1. Oui^n2. Non
NOCS_SS = Capture d'ecran^n\dVoulez-vous prendre^nune capture d'ecran du tableau des scores ?^n^n1. Oui^n2. Non
Is it possible to add 2 key of language for menu items please ?

"Record Demo"
"Screenshot"

Last edited by Arkshine; 12-28-2006 at 11:31.
vvg125
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 12-28-2006 , 14:42   Re: Record Demo ClanMod style (V2.3)
Reply With Quote #14

Is this supposed to save demos to your server? Or did I misunderstand and it saves them in the cstrike folder on your computer.
Send a message via AIM to vvg125 Send a message via MSN to vvg125 Send a message via Yahoo to vvg125
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 12-28-2006 , 14:50   Re: Record Demo ClanMod style (V2.3)
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvg125 View Post
Is this supposed to save demos to your server? Or did I misunderstand and it saves them in the cstrike folder on your computer.
/cstrike folder on your computer ;)
Old 12-28-2006 , 17:31   Re: Record Demo ClanMod style (V2.3)
Reply With Quote #16

Ah, ty.
Send a message via AIM to vvg125 Send a message via MSN to vvg125 Send a message via Yahoo to vvg125
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 12-28-2006 , 17:59   Re: Record Demo ClanMod style (V2.3)
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvg125 View Post
After reading again the code and testings stuff - It's cstrike folder on client's PC. Sorry for confusing with other my reply to the same question.

After making more tests iI can say so - the plugin works correctly on listenserver, but it doesn't work so good on dedicated server because of AMX X (or maybe HL) limitation. There is no way with current AMX X functions to check if on clients PC there is some file. That's the reason why the first file is overwritten all the time. On listenserver it works correctly, because file_exist function returns the files are there - so need to increase the number of demo file. I may need probably to re-write the description in the first post of this topic.
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 12-28-2006 , 18:03   Re: Record Demo ClanMod style (V2.3)
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
After reading again the code and testings stuff - It's cstrike folder on client's PC. Sorry for confusing with other my reply to the same question.

After making more tests iI can say so - the plugin works correctly on listenserver, but it doesn't work so good on dedicated server because of AMX X (or maybe HL) limitation. There is no way with current AMX X functions to check if on clients PC there is some file. That's the reason why the first file is overwritten all the time. On listenserver it works correctly, because file_exist function returns the files are there - so need to increase the number of demo file. I may need probably to re-write the description in the first post of this topic.
My only idea would be to make a file containing all the names that have been used, then scan that file. If it has, increment the counter. So basically, you have the client side demo and you have 1 file on the server that lists every name taken. If the client creates it for some reason, it will be overwritten, but that's their fault and probably sheer stupidity/trying to break the plugin for no reason.
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 12-28-2006 , 18:13   Re: Record Demo ClanMod style (V2.3)
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk552
My only idea would be to make a file containing all the names that have been used, then scan that file. If it has, increment the counter.
Well - it will work as long the client will be connected still to the same server. But if he will connect to another one, then - on the same map (for example de_dust), but on the new server he will try to save the new demo (if of-course my plugin would be also used there) - it will overwrite his files anyway. I don't know if that's is whole worth to implement in this case, what do You think?
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 12-28-2006 , 18:16   Re: Record Demo ClanMod style (V2.3)
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Well - it will work as long the client will be connected still to the same server. But if he will connect to another one, then - on the same map (for example de_dust), but on the new server he will try to save the new demo (if of-course my plugin would be also used there) - it will overwrite his files anyway. I don't know if that's is whole worth to implement in this case, what do You think?
Hash the server name and use that as another reference.