Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

Mapchooser4

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Counter-Strike        Category:   Admin Commands        Approver:   BAILOPAN (72)
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 10-18-2006 , 16:09   Mapchooser4
Reply With Quote #1

About 2 years ago I posted at AMX forum a plugin for AMX called mapchooser4. Of-course - it wasn't 100% of my code, but it was based on the default maphooser with ideas of the people they were writting some remakes of mapchooser. I've merged these ideas, added some mines - and then mapchooser4 was released.
What are the biggest differences between mapchooser4 and the default mapchooser?
1. It supports extending maps on servers playing in maxround / winlimit systems.
2. It "remembers" the history of the last 0-15 played maps ("amx_map_history" cvar) to prevent get them to the map vote menu again.
3. You can define by a cvar if You want to use mapcycle.txt, maps.ini or maps folder for the list of maps they wiil be taken into maps vote menu.
4. It lets You rock the vote for the next map.

Currently this plugin version posted here is based on code of AMX 2006.3 written/modified by KRoT@L with some my modifications they came from users requests. KRoT@L used some my ideas I've included in mapchooser4 but he also added few others - for example from Deagle's Map's map management plugin. So all credits of the plugin posted by me here belongs to KRoT@L and to the Deagle.

If amx_mapchooser_type is set to 1, players can nominate maps for the vote.
They have to type "nominate mapname" or "vote mapname" or "mapname" in the chat.
They can type "nominations" in the chat to see the list of nominated maps.
They can type "amx_listmaps2" in console to see the maps that can be nominated if amx_nominfromfile is set to 1.

The plugin uses cvars listed below. If You want to change any of them, write them (with desired by You values) into amxx.cfg (at the bottom of that file).

amx_mapchooser_type <0/1/2> (default is 0):
0: random maps from amx_mapchooser_mapsfile/mapcycle/maps folder
1: nominations
2: the nextmap is a random map chosen from amx_mapchooser_mapsloc (no vote)
amx_mapchooser_mapsloc <0|1|2> (default is 0):
0: amx_mapchooser_mapsfile
1: mapcycle
2: maps folder
amx_mapchooser_mapsfile - File used when amx_mapchooser_mapsloc is set to 0 (default filename is "maps.ini").
The file must be in amxmodx/configs/ folder.
amx_mapchooser_mapsfile_s - File used when amx_mapchooser_mapsloc is set to 0
and there is less than 10 players on the server (default filename is "maps_small.ini").
The file must be in amxmodx/configs/ folder. If it's not existing there, the regular amx_mapchooser_mapsfile
will be used also for smaller than 10 amount of players on the server.
amx_nominfromfile <0/1> (default is 0):
0: players can nominate all the maps from the map folder
1: players can only nominate maps from amx_mapchooser_mapsfile/mapcycle
amx_maxnominperplayer <num> - how many maps each player can nominate (default is 1).
amx_map_history <num> - how many last played maps shouldn't go to the maps vote menu (default is 5).
amx_extendmap_max <time in mins.> - max. time for overall extending the map if mp_timelimit is used (default is 90).
amx_extendmap_step <time in mins.> - with what time the map will be extended if mp_timelimit is used (default is 15).
amx_ext_round_max <number of possible polls for extend> - how many times the map can be extended if mp_maxrounds is used (default is 3).
amx_ext_round_step <number of rounds> - with what rounds number the map will be extended if mp_maxrounds is used (default is 3).
amx_ext_win_max <number of possible polls for extend> - how many times the map can be extended if mp_winlimit is used (default is 3).
amx_ext_win_step <number of rounds> - with what rounds number the map will be extended if mp_winlimit is used (default is 3).

amx_rtv <0/1> - enables/disables rockthevote option (deafult is 1).
amx_rtv_percent <0.0-1.0> - rockthevote ratio (%/100 human-players they need to say rockthevote to start voting for the next map (default is 0.6).
amx_rtv_min_time <time in mins.> - minimum time (in minutes) required to play the map before players can use rockthevote feature (default is 10).
amx_rtv_map_time <time in sec.> - time to change to the new map after successful rtv and then successful voting for the new map, the map
(instead waiting until round end). Default is 10 (increasing it to 300 will effect in waiting to the round end to change the map).

These AMX X cvars - normally registered by admin.sma plugin but also checked by mapchooser4:
amx_vote_time <time in mins.> - the time next vote can happen since last vote happened. Default is 10.
amx_vote_delay <time in secs.> - the length of time the vote is active. Default is 10.
amx_last_voting <time in mins> - the time last vote happend (internal use).
amx_show_activity [0|1|2]:
0 - doesn't show what the admin is doing (starting any vote i.e.),
1 - shows to everybody the activity of admin, but without showing his name,
2 - shows the activity of the admin with his name.
Higher than 2 values of this cvar aren't supported by mapchooser4 plugin.

NOTE:
1. Nextmap plugin is required for proper working of this plugin (with amx_nextmap cvar).
2. Mapchooser4 plugin should be called from plugins.ini from the place the default mapchooser is called (just exactly instead of it - not from the place for other custom plugins).
3. mapchooser4_txt.zip contains translations only, but You need it to get correctly working the plugin!!!

[EDIT]
26.09.2007 - updated to 3.1 version - fixed the bug with nominating maps out of maps.ini (from the "maps" folder).
21.09.2008 - updated to 3.3 version - added rock the vote option, map history is now a cvar (amx_map_history).
10.11.2008 - updated to 3.31 version - fixed the bug with freezing the server when there was low amount of maps in maps.ini/mapcycle.txt comparing to amx_map_history value.
03.03.2010 - updated to 3.41 version - added a new file for smaller amount of players on the server (defined by "amx_mapchooser_mapsfile_s" cvar), added the new cvar ("amx_rtv_map_time") to define the time between succesful map voting (after rtv) and map change, added help message for rtv, updated (ro, nl, bp) and extended translations file.
03.11.2012 - updated to 3.42 version - fixed bug with loaded other maps than they should be according settings (i.e. to be nominated from mapcycle file); added ru and sr translations.
11.11.2012 - updated to 3.42a - fixed some small problem with indentation which could do wrong things (compiler haven't see it)
[/EDIT]
Attached Files
File Type: zip mapchooser4_txt.zip (10.6 KB, 7940 views)
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (mapchooser4.sma - 11756 views - 48.8 KB)

Last edited by KWo; 01-06-2013 at 12:37.
Dzyzus
Old 10-18-2006 , 16:51   Re: Mapchooser4
Reply With Quote #2

Nice plugin. Thanx
Old 10-18-2006 , 20:10   Re: Mapchooser4
Reply With Quote #3

nice plugin man
Send a message via MSN to k007
Dzyzus
Old 10-21-2006 , 05:02   Re: Mapchooser4
Reply With Quote #4

I use csdm plugin and your plugin doesn't works :/ it only wrights maphist.ini but no map choose menu.
Old 10-26-2006 , 05:54   Re: Mapchooser4
Reply With Quote #5

can someone please help me?
is not workin'
the script doesn't start voting ...!
why? have any ideea?
Send a message via Yahoo to AlexRose
allenwr
Veteran Member
Old 10-26-2006 , 10:19   Re: Mapchooser4
Reply With Quote #6

Good job, i had this idea, but you beat me too it.
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 10-26-2006 , 17:40   Re: Mapchooser4
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzyzus View Post
I use csdm plugin and your plugin doesn't works :/ it only wrights maphist.ini but no map choose menu.
Did You disable the default mapchooser in amxmodx/configs/plugins.ini ?
Another thing - CSDM gun/equip menus they overwrite all possible menus. I've asked about that BAILOPAN, but he told me since noone bothered him about that he is not going to add anything into code to prevent overlap menus. The same problem is with ATAC and CSDM. But seems except me noone noticed it...
Dzyzus
Old 10-26-2006 , 18:00   Re: Mapchooser4
Reply With Quote #8

Yes default is disabled. At the moment i'm useing deages map managment (don't like), but yours is simple, simple things are the best ;)
Old 10-27-2006 , 08:03   Re: Mapchooser4
Reply With Quote #9

What is the system on Your server to map rotating? It's depanding on mp_timelimit, mp_maxrounds or mp_winlimit?
If You are playing these last 2 - the rounds are never ending - so the plugin cannot start the vote, because the counter of rounds is not increasing.
wolf414
Old 11-06-2006 , 15:27   Re: Mapchooser4
Reply With Quote #10

This plugin is not working for me too...
Send a message via MSN to wolf414