Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

Rendering Players Test

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Counter-Strike        Category:   Technical/Development        Approver:   Emp` (115)
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 03-22-2008 , 05:12   Rendering Players Test
Reply With Quote #1

I've been asked by the people at BU forum to make podbot mm able to recognize visible and invisible players. To make the player invisible, usually the AMX X plugins are just changing the rendering of players, which makes them invisible for other humans, but that unfortunatelly doesn't affect bots. That happens because the bot code always checks only if there is no obstacle between the bot and its enemy - then the enemy is visible. So I had to figure out what is possible to do with rendering and what I have to check in the podbot mm code, to let bots "think" they cannot see some enemies, if they are invisible for humans. To do that I wrote this plugin, which was helping me while testing all possible rendering effects and modes.

Usage:
The plugin adds to the main amxmodmenu the new item (somewhere at the end of it), which leads the user just to the rendering player menu (menu created by this plugin). With that menu (done with the new menu styles BTW) the user is able to change the player's rendering parameters (only on an alive player) by changing the rendering mode, effects, RGB color and amount of rendering. The menu also lets to take the current rendering parameters from the alive player ("Get Rendering on The Player"). Once the adjusting of parameters is finished, then there is only a need to apply them on the selected player ("Set Rendering on The Player").

The plugin maybe is not so much useful for players, but it might be useful for pawn coders - if they would like to know what they can do with rendering parameters in their code - that's why I've decided to share it. It also says a bit how to use some new menus system commands (no so many plugins is around using it, so maybe someone can also learn about that a bit from this plugin).
It's based on engine commands, but because there is no need for this plugin to be executed the fastest possible way (You need to set the rendering of the player only once a while - not every execution cycle) - so there is no need to use in it fakemeta commands (but it is possible to do it also that way).

In the version 1.1 of the plugin I did better the "Player's menu" (no anymore any "UNKNOWN" players, and there are only items with connected players).

Have fun with discovering rendering modes and effects.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (render_test.sma - 2547 views - 17.1 KB)

Last edited by KWo; 04-14-2008 at 13:24.
hackandmore
Old 03-22-2008 , 13:16   Re: Rendering Players Test
Reply With Quote #2

yeah bots kill u even if u are invisible...
good plugin for coders to mask enemy players to a bot
Send a message via Yahoo to hackandmore
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 03-30-2008 , 13:52   Re: Rendering Players Test
Reply With Quote #3

OK - I've updated the plugin. The Players Menu is done now much better (the plugin uses now menu_destroy/menu create functions to adapt dynamically the items and their amount in the menu). Have fun.
rudle
BANNED
Old 03-30-2008 , 14:04   Re: Rendering Players Test
Reply With Quote #4

My Podbots custom/edited see invisble/visible/glow/attack enemy/ignore user when godmode is on.

And not using any amxx plugin with it.
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 03-30-2008 , 14:06   Re: Rendering Players Test
Reply With Quote #5

Cool. I like it. I was always too lazy to test out all of the modes myself. Then again I barely used it. I'd approve it if I could.

Good job.
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
atomen
Veteran Member
Old 03-30-2008 , 15:41   Re: Rendering Players Test
Reply With Quote #6

Thanks !

I'm using this for testing certain plugins on bots. Works flawlessly.
+karma
Old 03-30-2008 , 16:29   Re: Rendering Players Test
Reply With Quote #7

im sory i dont real understand what this does. when you do the amx_invisible command u become invisible to bots as well as humans?
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 03-31-2008 , 01:43   Re: Rendering Players Test
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudle View Post
My Podbots custom/edited see invisble/visible/glow/attack enemy/ignore user when godmode is on.

And not using any amxx plugin with it.
This is what I'm working right on in podbot mm code. Godmode has to be ignored (You cannot be killed anyway) no reason to loose bullets.
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 04-13-2008 , 17:44   Re: Rendering Players Test
Reply With Quote #9

Your description is horrible. Please clean it up and PM me/post here for approval.

Unapproved.