Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

CS:GO Memory leak?

Post New Thread Reply   

MAMAC
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-28-2015 , 13:36   CS:GO Memory leak?
Reply With Quote #1

Im notice that last update (month ago) when valve broke most sm and mm that CS:GO servers get high virtual memory.

http://prntscr.com/7mduhq

as i know virt memory goes up to 800m and now when server started (450m virt) he goes up to 4gb virtual memory.

Does anyone notice this???
Send a message via MSN to MAMAC Send a message via Yahoo to MAMAC
pcmaster
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-28-2015 , 17:32   Re: CS:GO Memory leak?
Reply With Quote #2

I have had this issue since 3+ months.. goes up to 4.3GB, then crashes.
It's a daily thing here, unable to find a solution.
BANNED
Old 06-28-2015 , 19:21   Re: CS:GO Memory leak?
Reply With Quote #3

csgo memory leak been there since october 2013 update
mlov420
Old 06-28-2015 , 21:54   Re: CS:GO Memory leak?
Reply With Quote #4

I have no idea if this is an OS related issue but I run all my servers on Windows 2012 R2 unmanaged machines, have servers ranging between 10 and 64 slots, and the high end of my RAM usage per SRCDS instance is less than 600mb. Some of my servers will run an entire update cycle (week or so) without a restart and see little to no performance issues. If they are leaking memory, it's so little that it's unnoticeable in comparison to recently started & populated servers.

I run ours via a combination of Powershell and Fire Daemon Pro, which is considerably efficient. Windows is also beneficial because you can assign multiple cores to a single server. This is nice for big servers. John from NFO was recently recommending windows servers in a comment he made in the csgo_servers mailing list.

Here is some info from a couple of my servers so you can compare performance to what is happening with yours. They are all running mp_match_end_changelevel 1 which has been known to cause memory leaks in the past:

(qty: 4 servers, 128 Tick) 5v5 Competitive Servers - 339mb, 319mb, 298mb, 262mb. Uptime of between 24-48 hours each. Map change roughly every 20-45 minutes.

64 player, 64 tick hunger games - 500-600mb
24 player, 128 tick hunger games - 300-500mb

45 Player idle, 64 or 32 tick, map reload every 5 minutes: 291mb, 231mb, 201mb, 191mb. Those are the top 4 populated idle servers of mine at this moment and all have been running since the last CSGO update and are at least 2/3 full all the time.

I hope that info can help you in comparison to what you're running and experiencing for memory usage. I've been running my own windows servers for a couple years now and it's very easy. There are also a lot of benefits to it. Good providers like NFO are using Windows installations for their own hosted services as well.
MAMAC
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-29-2015 , 06:16   Re: CS:GO Memory leak?
Reply With Quote #5

yes my is debian..... and it sucks, especial tht big servers i have 1 64 slots and when players came to 40+ its lags.....
Send a message via MSN to MAMAC Send a message via Yahoo to MAMAC
pcmaster
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-29-2015 , 13:26   Re: CS:GO Memory leak?
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlov420 View Post
Stuff
Can you link me to the mailing list entry where John says that? Can't find it in my archives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMAC View Post
yes my is debian..... and it sucks, especial tht big servers i have 1 64 slots and when players came to 40+ its lags.....
Can confirm, but only on certain maps.