Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Best way to monitor player count / server info while out of game?

Post New Thread Reply   

ZeroOne
Old 04-19-2012 , 22:42   Best way to monitor player count / server info while out of game?
Reply With Quote #1

I recently set up a linux based server, running TF2 and SourceMod. It is a virtual server, hosted offsite. I'm a long time player, but new server admin. Everything is pretty plain so far, just followed the online tutorials for installation, and set up some iptables for protection.

Anyway, is there a way to monitor the server (player counts, game info, etc) when not in the game myself? I do not have any other admins yet, and like to see what is going on randomly. I'd like to be able to get this info from an iphone as well.

Thanks for any info or tips you guys may have for someone new to being an admin!
Fearts
ferts of daeth
Old 04-19-2012 , 23:08   Re: Best way to monitor player count / server info while out of game?
Reply With Quote #2

HLSW they also have a App you can buy or download for free.
Old 04-20-2012 , 00:39   Re: Best way to monitor player count / server info while out of game?
Reply With Quote #3

HLSW's app is free up until you use rcon unfortunately I was so disappointed when I found out. But yeah, HLSW is great
I don't have a problem
Old 04-20-2012 , 08:22   Re: Best way to monitor player count / server info while out of game?
Reply With Quote #4

The gameserver monitor app lets you use rcon free. But just pay for hlsw and use rcon with that.
Old 04-20-2012 , 08:43   Re: Best way to monitor player count / server info while out of game?
Reply With Quote #5

There are several web based solutions. Using that enables you to monitor and control your servers from anywhere on any OS, iPhone or desktop.
Old 04-20-2012 , 20:25   Re: Best way to monitor player count / server info while out of game?
Reply With Quote #6

Please forgive the ignorance, but... how do I actually use HLSW?

I was under the impression this is something like a mod that gets installed on the linux server, so that I can view it via the web on a phone. It looks like a windows based program. I think I'm missing something. Already have Steam on the computer, so viewing the server in Windows is not an issue.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by ZeroOne; 04-20-2012 at 20:29.
jackliu92
Old 04-21-2012 , 00:55   Re: Best way to monitor player count / server info while out of game?
Reply With Quote #7

What? You need to pay for HLSW for rcon???
I have been using HLSW for years and doing a lot of rcon on my server and did not pay for any $$$ for HLSW???

You said HLSW app? You mean like a phone version of HLSW????
Old 04-21-2012 , 02:44   Re: Best way to monitor player count / server info while out of game?
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackliu92 View Post
What? You need to pay for HLSW for rcon???
I have been using HLSW for years and doing a lot of rcon on my server and did not pay for any $$$ for HLSW???

You said HLSW app? You mean like a phone version of HLSW????
Yes.