12% 

ModelChanger

Post New Thread Reply   

quint
Old 07-24-2005 , 06:50  
Reply With Quote #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by L. Duke
I didn't make any of those custom model skins (except the T/CT white admin one). Some of the skins seem large to me also (5 MB? That doesn't seem necessary for a player skin). I think they are not compressed at all. If you bzip the files on your sv_downloadurl, they will probably be much smaller.

The readme (available in the zip or on the web page) has info on defining the custom models that are used by the plugin.

Also, I added a tutorial to the plugin's web page on recompiling the standard model to use custom skins. Some custom models won't work when they unless they are used to overwrite the stock T or CT models. For those models, follow the same steps in the tutorial to compile the custom model to a new folder location.
Great pack Duke, thank you.

I want to add some other DarkElfa skins to this, but the guide on your site to recompiling has gone, im presuming i need to do this still as i only have the skins at the mo .
Cheers
sniper_strike
Old 07-25-2005 , 03:38  
Reply With Quote #222

dont say vip wont ever come because they said no plans at this time they did not say ever

66.150.188.42:27015
awuh0
Old 07-25-2005 , 12:49  
Reply With Quote #223

besides they do include events and sounds for it.
find a better way to play CSS, connect to...
thewuh.servebeer.com
thecircus.servebeer.com
Send a message via ICQ to awuh0 Send a message via AIM to awuh0 Send a message via MSN to awuh0
sniper_strike
Old 07-26-2005 , 01:11  
Reply With Quote #224

am i banned on my other computer from lduke.com or was it down earlier

66.150.188.42:27015
M|k33[K-9]
Old 07-31-2005 , 15:23  
Reply With Quote #225

L. Duke, even though I am still in pursuit of the Holy Grail in being able to have different models in HL2-DM, and Mani has been talking to me about adding that to his mod, I just wanted to thank you very much for all the work you put in on this plugin, and the models for the benefit of the community.

I'm sure it took you quite a bit of time, and many really appreciate what you have done. I fully understand not wanting to play the cat and mouse game with Valve's frequent patches, especially if Mani is willing to. Peace!
KocK GoBlin
Old 08-18-2005 , 15:42  
Reply With Quote #226

Just out of curiousity, since the new SS's of the SAS model Valve released indicate that there will be 2 CT models to choose from when it is released, are you going to possibly continue work on your VIP plugin?
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 08-20-2005 , 01:05  
Reply With Quote #227

L. Duke has been working on his VIP plugin, and it looks awsome. Check out the news section of his site.
Old 09-15-2005 , 17:35  
Reply With Quote #228

is there a chicken model anymore? or was that done away with altogether when valve broke the mod in the first place? (stupid valve, i loved this plugin)
L. Duke
Veteran Member
Old 09-16-2005 , 12:07  
Reply With Quote #229

The chicken model didn't have the same skeleton and animations. Since the July update, custom player models must have the same animations or it crashes.
imported_SideShow
Old 10-03-2005 , 00:14  
Reply With Quote #230

I know this has been discontinued. But can someone maybe please post a download for me. I have been using mani, but it has been crashing on me. And i really wanna have custom skins on my server.