Post New Thread Reply   

sslice
Old 01-19-2006 , 06:18  
Reply With Quote #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosalar
If I only wanted to use this for selected actions, do I just comment out the ones I don't want? IE: I only want to show mapchanges, ban and unban, and the ability to "talk" with players on the server.
I comment them all out and it works well that way.

Also the other person lookin for team scores there is Eventscript options but I have been experiencing alot of server shutdowns so I'm not recommending that.

Using HLSW and this plugin is what I use nowadays its a perfect match using a BNC. Helps not lag the server to hell.

Sorry sslice if it seems im talking negatively about it but "AWOC" game servers just are NOT robust enough to handle "mani admin" so for sure im struggling with Meta Mod plugins.
Yes, I will be adding team scores in the next update and hopefully support for popular third party mods like HL2CTF. What features do you use HLSW for that you would like to see in IRC Relay?
Old 01-19-2006 , 07:56  
Reply With Quote #122

Its not the HLSW that offers anything better its the fact its not directly tied into the server. If there is a netsplit or a drop in service the server seems not to recover. I need the commands to the server. All has been well since I went that way. But as previously stated "AWOC" server we use just dont handle the load. I'm betting its all them becoz when I host on my Laptop i use all the plugins even Deathmatch and I might feel a little lag but nothing like AWOC. Hell we contracted for 6months as a 24man server and i'm just trying to drop it to 12man and prorate the difference. It's been a nightmare with this company. When using HLSW to see what games were hosted on the same IP as we were assigned I scanned out 2 of each HL and HL2 games. They host other games that HLSW doesnt find I honestly imagine they spread 1 Server so thin its not able to handle the "mods". They promote that they allow mods and full access to this and that but when its spread that thin u can barely use "RCON". We were assigned a new IP and so far so good til they overfill this Server. But I'm just sour grapes on them from experiences. only other feature I might suggest is expressing Health/Armour on kills but other than that ur plugin is rather complete.

PS. I did suggest a weapons mod b4 wonder if you still are up for that a new plugin to basically replace "nemod". Would like to allow people to buy "all" weapons and be able to adjust the primary clir ammo. example M4A1 is 30 primary 90 secondary being able to change the primary ammo in clip would so much help in hosting a "fun" server. Buying and AK47 as a CT and buy an M4A1 as a T would be alot more fun since people complain about "advantage".
Send a message via AIM to neiltoe
Shadowdogg
Old 01-20-2006 , 11:09  
Reply With Quote #123

I would suggest you enter some error messages as the only problem is that none of the networks like the 'Bot' in the nickname. Everything works now
SeLfkiLL
Old 01-21-2006 , 18:12  
Reply With Quote #124

I've had two crashes so far that trace to your plugin. Attached are the mdmp files you can use to find where your plugin crashed.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sslice.zip (31.5 KB, 132 views)
Send a message via AIM to SeLfkiLL
Shadowdogg
Old 01-22-2006 , 14:33  
Reply With Quote #125

Allow a suggestion: When people sending messages to IRC allow it so that its publicly shown ingame so that you can get a conversasion going on as an option anyway.
sslice
Old 01-22-2006 , 15:03  
Reply With Quote #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowdogg
Allow a suggestion: When people sending messages to IRC allow it so that its publicly shown ingame so that you can get a conversasion going on as an option anyway.
Then you would just "say" like normal. The purpose of /irc is so that you can talk to people in IRC only, and not to the others in game (such as, if you were trying to contact an admin that was in IRC). The !page IRC command was made so that you can talk to individual players, but that doesn't work in the current build and will be fixed in the next version (should be out some time this week).

SeLfkiLL: Thanks, the fix will be in the next release.
Old 01-25-2006 , 14:02  
Reply With Quote #127

Could you tell me any particular date for the release? The bot maximum stays on for about 9 hours so im guessing its due to crash unfortunately.
sslice
Old 01-25-2006 , 18:14  
Reply With Quote #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowdogg
Could you tell me any particular date for the release? The bot maximum stays on for about 9 hours so im guessing its due to crash unfortunately.
I'll make a release right now, but a few features mentioned won't be in this one, but definitely the next.
Old 01-25-2006 , 19:01  
Reply With Quote #129

Release 0.78
- Fixes a crash that sometimes occured when using /me and /irc
- Fixes the !page command
- !help now provides information on specific commands
- Fixed !set properties from crashing
- Fixes a problem where NickServ authentication wouldn't work with some Services
- Fixes access problems after changing IRC nicks
- Other various minor bug fixes

Download is in original post...
Old 01-26-2006 , 04:18  
Reply With Quote #130

Great news! Thanks