Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

L4D Hidden CVars

Post New Thread Reply   

DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 11-27-2008 , 16:19   Re: L4D Hidden CVars
Reply With Quote #11

If you added more survivors, chances are you have to use a console command to join the team im guessing.

r00tage
Old 12-01-2008 , 10:22   Re: L4D Hidden CVars
Reply With Quote #12

Does not work in L4D, survivor_limit is stuck at 4, any attempts to change it make it 4.000000
swifty29
Old 12-01-2008 , 21:27   Re: L4D Hidden CVars
Reply With Quote #13

Yeah I tried changing it with sm_cvar to no avail.
devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 12-07-2008 , 21:56   Re: L4D Hidden CVars
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by r00tage View Post
Does not work in L4D, survivor_limit is stuck at 4, any attempts to change it make it 4.000000
When you create a cvar, you can specify a min/max value which the engine enforces. I'm not sure if sourcemod provides the ability to change this, but that would probably be the step needed.
SourceMod Developer
Old 12-07-2008 , 22:33   Re: L4D Hidden CVars
Reply With Quote #15

GetConVarBounds
SetConVarBounds
Fexii
Old 12-15-2008 , 00:00   Re: L4D Hidden CVars
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
Try changing those and see what happens?
You can spawn more than 4 survivors using ChangeClientTeam and switching between infected and survivor a few times. The bot takes over when you switch from infected to survivor, and using the function bypasses the check for how many survivors are on one team. It's funny playing with 20 survivors on one team
dbenoy
Old 12-16-2008 , 16:19   Re: L4D Hidden CVars
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JCS View Post
Listed with bl4nk's plugin, can be usefull =]
Can you link to this plugin? I want to do two dumps, one in a friends only game, and one in a public game, and see if there's any difference.

Unless someone already knows how that's controlled?
Fyren
FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren
Old 12-16-2008 , 21:54   Re: L4D Hidden CVars
Reply With Quote #18

I've attached code bl4nk wrote a while ago, but slightly changed it to include the cvar's description (if there is one) and the current value. If you want all variables instead of just locked ones, just remove the check for the development cvar flag.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (lockedcvar.sp - 1597 views - 1.2 KB)
dbenoy
Old 12-16-2008 , 23:06   Re: L4D Hidden CVars
Reply With Quote #19

Thanks

If anyone is interested in the results of my test: They were completely identical. Whether a game is public or friends only does not appear to be a public or hidden cvar.

I have no frickin' clue how to change that, except to use the lobby to access my server with sv_search_key, which is really flakey. 30% success rate (Which improves if I restart my server and client)

Last edited by dbenoy; 12-16-2008 at 23:07. Reason: Clarity
Fyren
FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren
Old 12-17-2008 , 00:24   Re: L4D Hidden CVars
Reply With Quote #20

Based on my experience with sv_search_key, your client gets the master list of servers and then looks through that for servers with a matching key. My home DSL totally flakes out if I try to use the server browser and queries time out, so if I try to list servers my list is way shorter than it should be and the servers that do get listed have massively inflated pings. When I play with friends, I get someone with a better connection than mine to make the lobby and set the key. I don't know if lowering your client's rate would help with queries.