Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Climb

Post New Thread Reply   

cameron0620
Old 11-04-2007 , 03:59   Re: Climb
Reply With Quote #101

i am having a problem with this plugin. in the source you say to make sure and post the climb.txt file in the data/lang folder, but i can not find a release of this plugin that includes that file. is this no longer needed or is it just not included for some reason.

i also have a question about the database. i am trying to use a sql database that i made on my webserver from godaddy. i added the cvars like this.

climb_db_type mysql
climb_db_host h41mysql63.secureserver.net
climb_db_user climb_stats
climb_db_pass *********
climb_db_name climb_stats
climb_db_prefix climb_

the database is sql 4.1 i made the database named climb_stats. am i supposed to make a table within that database or will the plugin make the table. i attempted to make a table but it asked how many fields i wanted and wanted a bunch more info i don't know. this is my first time messing with sql other than for an invision forum.

and i just realized something else.. what settings am i supposed to use for hookmod. if i have df_hook_on to 1 then you can use hook all the time even when climbing.. but if i set it to 0 then you can never use hook.. if i password the hook then it just says there is a password even after you beat the map. i have the frontend and the metamod plugin but i don't know what settings to use.

any suggestions?

Last edited by cameron0620; 11-04-2007 at 04:16.
ian.cammarata
Old 11-04-2007 , 05:46   Re: Climb
Reply With Quote #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron0620 View Post
i am having a problem with this plugin. in the source you say to make sure and post the climb.txt file in the data/lang folder, but i can not find a release of this plugin that includes that file. is this no longer needed or is it just not included for some reason.
It's not implemented yet.

Quote:
i also have a question about the database. i am trying to use a sql database that i made on my webserver from godaddy. i added the cvars like this.

climb_db_type mysql
climb_db_host h41mysql63.secureserver.net
climb_db_user climb_stats
climb_db_pass *********
climb_db_name climb_stats
climb_db_prefix climb_

the database is sql 4.1 i made the database named climb_stats. am i supposed to make a table within that database or will the plugin make the table. i attempted to make a table but it asked how many fields i wanted and wanted a bunch more info i don't know. this is my first time messing with sql other than for an invision forum.
The plugin makes the tables itself. Although, last time I checked, GoDaddy didn't allow remote incoming or outgoing SQL connections.

Quote:
and i just realized something else.. what settings am i supposed to use for hookmod. if i have df_hook_on to 1 then you can use hook all the time even when climbing.. but if i set it to 0 then you can never use hook.. if i password the hook then it just says there is a password even after you beat the map. i have the frontend and the metamod plugin but i don't know what settings to use.

any suggestions?
df_hook_on 1
df_hook_password blahblahblahsomethingtheywontguess

Make sure the df_hook.amxx plugin is running, and the climb.ini is in the amxx configs directory, and it should work.
Old 11-04-2007 , 06:51   Re: Climb
Reply With Quote #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian.cammarata View Post
df_hook_on 1
df_hook_password blahblahblahsomethingtheywontguess

Make sure the df_hook.amxx plugin is running, and the climb.ini is in the amxx configs directory, and it should work.
Nothing to do in climb.ini ?
Send a message via MSN to Numero 37 Send a message via Skype™ to Numero 37
ian.cammarata
Old 11-04-2007 , 16:42   Re: Climb
Reply With Quote #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numero 37 View Post
Nothing to do in climb.ini ?
Just copy it from the zip, and it should work. It should have the following 2 lines, and it will work with the df_hook.amxx plugin.

Code:
st 2 sc "amx_revokehook #%d" uid
fn 6 sc "amx_givehook #%d" uid
Old 11-05-2007 , 13:53   Re: Climb
Reply With Quote #105

so if godaddy doesn't allow outside sql connections, what is my next best option as a database for the stats? The server is on a dedicated box so i could install something if i needed to. how would i go about setting something up for the stats.

thanks in advance.
ian.cammarata
Old 11-05-2007 , 14:03   Re: Climb
Reply With Quote #106

Quote:
so if godaddy doesn't allow outside sql connections, what is my next best option as a database for the stats? The server is on a dedicated box so i could install something if i needed to. how would i go about setting something up for the stats.

thanks in advance.
Oh if it's a dedicated or VPS you've got from GoDaddy then you should be able to do it.
Old 11-05-2007 , 22:58   Re: Climb
Reply With Quote #107

the webserver isn't decicated.. just the game server. windows dedicated with ftp and radmin access
cameron0620
Old 11-09-2007 , 01:36   Re: Climb
Reply With Quote #108

alright i got sqlite setup and kinda working for the stats. i am just having one problem. the top15 and the high scores for the climb stats doesn't show the player name. it just show a link to the html document. i am running the latest nightly build with default database settings and sqlite cvar. Running on amxmodx 1.8. here is the screenshot of what the stats page looks like.. any ideas?

Last edited by cameron0620; 11-09-2007 at 01:40.
ian.cammarata
Old 11-09-2007 , 06:15   Re: Climb
Reply With Quote #109

Quote:
the webserver isn't decicated.. just the game server. windows dedicated with ftp and radmin access
Well you could either use SQLite, or install MySQL on the windows dedicated server.
Old 11-09-2007 , 06:27   Re: Climb
Reply With Quote #110

Quote:
Running on amxmodx 1.8. here is the screenshot of what the stats page looks like.. any ideas?
My guess is you recompiled it. The include file that's in the zip file posted here is outdated, and makes it compile bad. I'll post an updated version, also with the correct include file.

Edit: Also, I have not yet tested this out on AMXX 1.8, so there's a very slim chance it could have something to with that. But give the new version on the front page a try, it should fix the problem.

Last edited by ian.cammarata; 11-09-2007 at 06:34.