Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Weapons War v7.5 (26 Weapons)

Post New Thread Reply   

HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 07-06-2016 , 07:24   Re: Weapons War v7.4 (26 Weapons)
Reply With Quote #251

Quote:
1-2 Plugins out of 50 are approved every few months, doesn't that seem harsh to you?
Well, most of authors are currently inactive(because their plugins were posted year ago and no one reviewed them), so that's why most plugins are unapproved. If you can get them back to work on their plugins or get more active approvers please do so.

Quote:
Those examples were fresh ideas that haven't been done before, but you rejected them because a similar plugin was created 5+ years ago or because there wasn't 1000+ lines of code.
That's not about the number of lines, it's irelevant. It's about what plugin is doing, and honestly calling set_user_rendering with a menu is not enough to consider it a new submission. Again, this are not my rules, but community rules which I'm just following.

Quote:
Telling coders their plugin is "useless" or "bad design" is helping them learn? You aren't fooling anyone.

The Unapproved Plugins section might as well be a trashcan because they are never seen again, much like their coders.
Telling them that their plugin has things that are bad designed helps them to learn, because we don't simply tell them it's wrong, but also suggest how this can be done better. As an example, would you like a plugin that does stuff each frame because coder does not know the right moment or one that does what it is supposed to at the exact moment?
At the end, all we are doing is for community - providing quality plugins, not quantity.

That's how you see the unapproved section, not how it really is. Plugins are still there, people can still use them(and in fact, they do). For example, look at my very first and shit plugin, an xp level mod, it has around 16k downloads and it's unapproved, not even working correctly and mostly copy/paste. After that, check one of my new plugins, all of them are under 1k downloads and are approved or in new plugins.

Quote:
I'm saying that if a plugin is well written (not perfect), you should be more relaxed on the approval process if the idea brings something new to the table.
No one expects plugins to be perfect, most things that I'm pointing are only basic optimizations that takes minutes to fix. That's in case of a decent plugin, because you have to agree that some of them are crap and trying to improve them is like a total rewrite and that's up to the author to do.

That's my last reply here because we are getting off topic. I'm only doing my job.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 07-06-2016 at 07:30.
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 07-06-2016 , 10:10   Re: Weapons War v7.4 (26 Weapons)
Reply With Quote #252

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAR3DM View Post
but code optimization is NOT needed anymore.
Just because we are using quantum computers, does not mean we can to start not caching variables, using the proper structures, etc. This is about know what you are doing when coding.
However, this is not true, and easily you can build up plugins which degrade the server's performance. Do you think everybody has a supercomputer which just run one half-life server? So much money waist would I say. If you have a good computer, you want to run as many servers as you can, and servers with bad coded plugins will compromisse the whole system stability on high usage demands.

Quote:
Code will never be good enough for your standards, let's be honest.
It is not about his standards, it is about he sharing what does he know, as an experienced user. So, it is a pleasure and increment to your knowledge, to receive critics from him to your code. When he does not have anything more to increment/add, you are each other both experienced on that plugin/script.

Quote:
There are BARELY ANY CODERS LEFT FOR HL1
The game is old, what do you think? Of course, there will be less and less players/scripters everyday. For example, none of my friends around here on my country to play HL1 anymore.

Quote:
since most of them have been scared off by the harsh review system and egotistical insults.
So, they are scaring the guys? What?
They are not banning anyone from AM, just looks they are just moving some plugins of some guys, from one forum sub-section (New plugin submissions) to another sub-section (Unapproved plugins).
This is just a TITLE, if you are interested you can keep updating your plugin on the unapproved section. Moreover, if you want to improve your coding skills, they are full of ideias to you. Beginners should be grateful for his time studying/analyzing their codes.
The approval system is not just about good plugins, it is about creating good scripters. That is why very experienced users are the approvers, to pass on their knowledge about AMXX scripting.

Quote:
At it's current state, the most innovative and unique plugins are abandoned in the Unapproved section, simply based on what Hamlet personally finds is useless.
Now you got me, I think that here you have a point. But NOT as much plugins as you say. I think that just one or two maybe, however Hamlet is not the AM dictator owner which dictates all the rules. There are other approvers around here, to you to appeal. So, even if you plugin is on the unapproved section because of Hamlet's taste, you still can fight for it. Or within him, or within other approvers. But which is most important is your perseverance, on to learn from the of the best and improve your coding ideias.

Quote:
In order to revive AMXX, a new system needs created. One that allows plugins to be rated by the community and gives other coders the ability to add code optimizations.
This is called git (Global Information Tracker), learn it and other coders can contribute to your code. There on GitHub, you can rate plugins (giving stars), and to contribute to its code (forking and creating pull requests).
This is the AMXX git:
https://github.com/alliedmodders/amxmodx/commits/master
https://github.com/alliedmodders/amxmodx/graphs/contributors

Support me on Patreon, Ko-fi, Liberapay or Open Collective

Last edited by addons_zz; 07-06-2016 at 10:22. Reason: update
zmd94
Veteran Member
Old 07-06-2016 , 10:20   Re: Weapons War v7.4 (26 Weapons)
Reply With Quote #253

War, you can just configure ww_auto_war cvar to have auto weapon war. There will be different weapon war for each round.

I also have one plugin in the unapproved section. Just search for CS Reward.

Last edited by zmd94; 07-06-2016 at 10:23.
ish12321
Veteran Member
Old 12-15-2016 , 15:08   Re: Weapons War v7.4 (26 Weapons)
Reply With Quote #254

bug....
Try this
When an round is going a player join and he's spawned
He can buy anything but not use it
Means he simply can't hit anyone and only gets one choice if dying
Veteran Member
Old 12-22-2016 , 09:30   Re: Weapons War v7.4 (26 Weapons)
Reply With Quote #255

Please clarify more about your problem, Ish12321.
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 12-22-2016 , 09:43   Re: Weapons War v7.4 (26 Weapons)
Reply With Quote #256

He is saying that:
  1. If the WarWeapons round is going on, and a new player connects to the server and is able to join/spawn on the round and to start playing.
  2. The player can open the buy weapons menu, buy stuff normally while on the WarWeapons round.
  3. However the weapons he has just bought are not able to shoot.
  4. The only thing left to the player is to get killed by the others, as he cannot kill anyone.
The question is, can you reproduce this behavior on your testing server?
If not, then something is missing/wrong on the above steps. Does you can always reproduce it as described ish12321?

Support me on Patreon, Ko-fi, Liberapay or Open Collective

Last edited by addons_zz; 12-22-2016 at 09:44.
ish12321
Veteran Member
Old 12-23-2016 , 16:04   Re: Weapons War v7.4 (26 Weapons)
Reply With Quote #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by addons_zz View Post
He is saying that:
  1. If the WarWeapons round is going on, and a new player connects to the server and is able to join/spawn on the round and to start playing.
  2. The player can open the buy weapons menu, buy stuff normally while on the WarWeapons round.
  3. However the weapons he has just bought are not able to shoot.
  4. The only thing left to the player is to get killed by the others, as he cannot kill anyone.
The question is, can you reproduce this behavior on your testing server?
If not, then something is missing/wrong on the above steps. Does you can always reproduce it as described ish12321?
Yes thanks for a better explanation
However, one more thing ......
If the player by chance press 'g' and drops the weapon then ofc he can't pick it up and not also shoot with the old gun., so he has to in that case also die as he cannot kill anyone
Veteran Member
Old 12-25-2016 , 22:59   Re: Weapons War v7.4 (26 Weapons)
Reply With Quote #258

Alright I got it.

I have fixed it. The crash problem is due to buy icon. This new code will block buy menu in Weapon War round.

Next, I have added new cvar. Default is "0":
PHP Code:
g_iAllowDeadAdmin register_cvar("ww_allow_dead_admin""0"// Allow dead admin to start war 
Please kindly to test below code. If everthing is working fine, then I will update the code at the main post. ;)
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (cs_war.sma - 520 views - 34.7 KB)

Last edited by zmd94; 12-30-2016 at 23:56.
ish12321
Veteran Member
Old 12-27-2016 , 14:55   Re: Weapons War v7.4 (26 Weapons)
Reply With Quote #259

Server crashing on weapon drop then knifing or gunning .....
not sure if im correct in reproducing what's the reason of the crash
but after updating the server's crashing...........
Veteran Member
Old 12-29-2016 , 04:32   Re: Weapons War v7.4 (26 Weapons)
Reply With Quote #260

Hi, Ish. Do you get any errors?

I do not see how my new code can cause your server to crash.