Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[v3.5] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows

Post New Thread Reply   

C0nw0nk
Old 08-26-2013 , 11:51   Re: [v1.0b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by br5dy View Post
Good news, all. After working with a user that was having a problem with auto update, I identified a bug in the program that may affect the auto-update function with other users. It only occurs on machines with certain networking configurations. There will be an update released to fix this problem by Wednesday evening.
Thanks it seems very stable a shame all features are not yet available also you open all ports in windows firewall i disabled that because it is a insecurity. (Please edit it so you only open ports the program uses) instead of "Any" in our Firewall configuration.

Last edited by C0nw0nk; 08-26-2013 at 11:53.
Send a message via MSN to C0nw0nk
xSpeced
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-28-2013 , 02:34   Re: [v1.0b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #142

I am eagerly waiting for the update
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-28-2013 , 20:08   Re: [v1.1b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #143

Released! Newsletter sent.

We are very close to releasing a full version, but felt it was necessary to release a bugfix as soon as possible.

Thanks!

seDirector - a management tool for all of your Windows-based Source Engine servers (auto-update, too)

Last edited by br5dy; 08-28-2013 at 20:09.
Pitbull3
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-28-2013 , 22:49   Re: [v1.1b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #144

This latest bug fix, fixed my servers not auto-updating.

Amazing, thanks br5dy!
Groger
Veteran Member
Old 08-29-2013 , 08:09   Re: [v1.1b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #145

How can you test if it auto updates without an update?

Also...
your site: http://forums.degree-gaming.com/
my site: http://forum.dimension-gaming.com/

Thats not nice is it now

Last edited by Groger; 08-29-2013 at 08:18.
DJ Data
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-29-2013 , 10:40   Re: [v1.1b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #146

Anyone else not able to start their TF2 servers?
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-30-2013 , 02:45   Re: [v1.1b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groger View Post
How can you test if it auto updates without an update?
That's a good question to bring up.

If you want to test the auto-update function, you can actually go into the steam.inf file in your game directory and change the PatchVersion to a value that is less than its current value. seDirector will think the game is out of date and then try to update within 1-2 minutes. Make sure to change it back to the original version (the update app will open and close quickly because technically the game is already up-to-date).

seDirector - a management tool for all of your Windows-based Source Engine servers (auto-update, too)
Groger
Veteran Member
Old 08-30-2013 , 03:01   Re: [v1.1b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #148

Quote:
That's a good question to bring up.

If you want to test the auto-update function, you can actually go into the steam.inf file in your game directory and change the PatchVersion to a value that is less than its current value. seDirector will think the game is out of date and then try to update within 1-2 minutes. Make sure to change it back to the original version (the update app will open and close quickly because technically the game is already up-to-date).
Ahaa, works like a charm.

Last edited by Groger; 08-30-2013 at 03:06.
StayOx
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-17-2013 , 04:28   Re: [v1.1b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #149

Hello, I made a small change to plugin seDirector, I added translations support with two languages ​​included Spanish and Portuguese Brazilian, something that hopefully is available in future versions .
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (seDirector.sp - 459 views - 3.6 KB)
File Type: zip seDirectorv1.1b.zip (8.8 KB, 139 views)

Last edited by StayOx; 09-17-2013 at 10:02.
Passburger
Old 09-20-2013 , 12:09   Re: [v1.0b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #150

Quote:

Is this a common request? It can be added as a feature if enough people request it.

I'd like to request that too! As of now I am having to unpack the custom maps vpk's and place them manually on the map's directory in order to make it work...