Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v9.1, 3-20-2024)

Post New Thread Reply   

therazor36
Old 02-10-2024 , 14:57   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v9.0, 12-5-2023)
Reply With Quote #1741

Hello, I keep crashing after a few seconds or minutes within loading into the campaign and I have been trying to solve it but to no avail, I am running V8.96 of the mutant tank mod. I would appreciate it if anyone could help me solve this.
Attached Files
File Type: log errors_20240210.log (12.2 KB, 22 views)
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 02-11-2024 , 16:55   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v9.0, 12-5-2023)
Reply With Quote #1742

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank Rush View Post
I have this error, what could be wrong?
my version of sourcemod is 1.12.7037
Code:
L 02/06/2024 - 07:22:27: [SM] Exception reported: "SetClientName" not supported by this mod
L 02/06/2024 - 07:22:27: [SM] Blaming: mutant_tanks\mutant_tanks.smx
L 02/06/2024 - 07:22:27: [SM] Call stack trace:
L 02/06/2024 - 07:22:27: [SM]   [0] SetClientName
L 02/06/2024 - 07:22:27: [SM]   [1] Line 14233, WeaponHandling::vSetTankName
L 02/06/2024 - 07:22:27: [SM]   [2] Line 21549, WeaponHandling::vTankSpawnFrame
It's a random error that occurs every now and then. I don't really know what's causing it since I've seen it happen with other people's plugins over the years. SetClientName is a function provided by SourceMod so there's nothing Mutant Tanks can do about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by therazor36 View Post
Hello, I keep crashing after a few seconds or minutes within loading into the campaign and I have been trying to solve it but to no avail, I am running V8.96 of the mutant tank mod. I would appreciate it if anyone could help me solve this.
1. You need to update Mutant Tanks. The current version is v9.0 and you're still on v8.96. Both L4D games have received a few updates in the past year.
2. A lot of your plugins need to be updated. I'm seeing a lot of errors from other files.

Last edited by Psyk0tik; 02-11-2024 at 16:57.
treefiddy
Old 02-15-2024 , 03:10   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v9.0, 12-5-2023)
Reply With Quote #1743

Thank you so much for your hard work @Psyk0tik

Mutant Tanks is working but i cannot figure out which other plugin is overriding the admin menu. When using sm_mt_admin i get this:

How can i narrow down the other plugin causing this? Thank you so much
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 02-15-2024 , 20:52   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v9.0, 12-5-2023)
Reply With Quote #1744

Quote:
Originally Posted by treefiddy View Post
Thank you so much for your hard work @Psyk0tik

Mutant Tanks is working but i cannot figure out which other plugin is overriding the admin menu. When using sm_mt_admin i get this:

How can i narrow down the other plugin causing this? Thank you so much
That menu is supposed to pop up when you use "sm_mt_admin" because that command is registered by Mutant Tanks. If you want the normal SourceMod admin menu, then use the "sm_admin" command.
Old 02-23-2024 , 07:41   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v9.0, 12-5-2023)
Reply With Quote #1745

8.99 works perfectly but 9.0 doesn't work at all, it doesn't even load, any clue what the issue could be here?
VYRNACH_GAMING
Old 02-24-2024 , 04:35   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v9.0, 12-5-2023)
Reply With Quote #1746

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shao View Post
So I decided to give the plugin another go and gathered footage of the issues players can experience with registry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc0cKOsVSCQ

It's like hitboxes get dislocated as they would say, having to aim ahead. You can see the blood appear on the hunter whenever it gets turned on and it's only possible to hit anything with compensation.
I've been running the mod for years before and my community kept complaining about this. Never managed to be able to resolve it and had to remove the mod in the end sadly
Old 03-09-2024 , 14:03   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v9.0, 12-5-2023)
Reply With Quote #1747

Hey Psyk0tik would you consider adding a new convar for each tank in the enhancements section?
z_tank_throw_force
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 03-20-2024 , 19:07   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v9.1, 3-20-2024)
Reply With Quote #1748

Version 9.1 is out!

Thank you to the following people who (directly/indirectly) helped me with this update: SpannerV2, xcd222, ddd123, Mi.Cura, epzminion, Angelace113

What to expect in this update

1. A few bug fixes.
- Last update, "Damage" settings were added for the Acid, Bomb, and Fire abilities, but they were not implemented properly. This update addresses all the issues with those settings.
- A couple of updates ago, the "Death" settings for the Acid, Bomb, Fire, Fling, Puke, Shake, and Shove abilities were updated to support more options, which broke those settings. This update addresses all the issues with those settings.
- The "Ghost Bullets Reward" setting was also added a couple of updates ago and this update addresses the issue with the setting not working properly in some cases.
- For the last few updates, the translated names for mutant types have been broken and would result in errors. In this update, those errors have been addressed and the translation feature has been optimized.
- Lastly, the game has been known to spawn extra Tanks queued by the plugin inside solid objects. This update addresses that issue by now having the plugin attempt to correct the spawn positions of Tanks right away.

2. Some new quality-of-life settings.
- In this update, a setting called "Throw Force" under the "Plugin Settings/Enhancements", "Tank #/Enhancements", and "STEAM_ID/Enhancements" sections has been added to make the Tank's rock throws more flexible and unpredictable.
- The "Laser Sight Reward" setting under the "Plugin Settings/Rewards", "Tank #/Rewards", and "STEAM_ID/Rewards" sections has also been added to make the laser sight reward optional since it was previously granted automatically whenever survivors would receive the damage boost reward.
- After some internal testing, the "Finale Mode" setting under the "Plugin Settings/Waves" section has been added to make the mutant types that spawn during finale maps more flexible.
- Lastly, the Laser ability has received a new setting called "Laser Mode" to allow players to toggle how the ability works.

3. Clone ability buff: Mutants can now swap places with their clones periodically to make things more challenging for survivors while improving survivability.

*Note: The plugin (.smx) files that are included in the package are compiled on SM 1.12.0.7066.
- If you are using a different version and the plugins are failing to load, you must follow the steps for compiling the plugins for your server's version of SourceMod.

Download | Changelog | Information | Settings

Last edited by Psyk0tik; 03-20-2024 at 23:24.
ddd123
Old 03-22-2024 , 18:02   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v9.1, 3-20-2024)
Reply With Quote #1749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyk0tik View Post
Version 9.1 is out!

Thank you to the following people who (directly/indirectly) helped me with this update: SpannerV2, xcd222, ddd123, Mi.Cura, epzminion, Angelace113

What to expect in this update

1. A few bug fixes.
- Last update, "Damage" settings were added for the Acid, Bomb, and Fire abilities, but they were not implemented properly. This update addresses all the issues with those settings.
- A couple of updates ago, the "Death" settings for the Acid, Bomb, Fire, Fling, Puke, Shake, and Shove abilities were updated to support more options, which broke those settings. This update addresses all the issues with those settings.
- The "Ghost Bullets Reward" setting was also added a couple of updates ago and this update addresses the issue with the setting not working properly in some cases.
- For the last few updates, the translated names for mutant types have been broken and would result in errors. In this update, those errors have been addressed and the translation feature has been optimized.
- Lastly, the game has been known to spawn extra Tanks queued by the plugin inside solid objects. This update addresses that issue by now having the plugin attempt to correct the spawn positions of Tanks right away.

2. Some new quality-of-life settings.
- In this update, a setting called "Throw Force" under the "Plugin Settings/Enhancements", "Tank #/Enhancements", and "STEAM_ID/Enhancements" sections has been added to make the Tank's rock throws more flexible and unpredictable.
- The "Laser Sight Reward" setting under the "Plugin Settings/Rewards", "Tank #/Rewards", and "STEAM_ID/Rewards" sections has also been added to make the laser sight reward optional since it was previously granted automatically whenever survivors would receive the damage boost reward.
- After some internal testing, the "Finale Mode" setting under the "Plugin Settings/Waves" section has been added to make the mutant types that spawn during finale maps more flexible.
- Lastly, the Laser ability has received a new setting called "Laser Mode" to allow players to toggle how the ability works.

3. Clone ability buff: Mutants can now swap places with their clones periodically to make things more challenging for survivors while improving survivability.

*Note: The plugin (.smx) files that are included in the package are compiled on SM 1.12.0.7066.
- If you are using a different version and the plugins are failing to load, you must follow the steps for compiling the plugins for your server's version of SourceMod.

Download | Changelog | Information | Settings
Thank you so much for update and bug fix! Gonna install this for sure
xcd222
Old 03-29-2024 , 16:14   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v9.1, 3-20-2024)
Reply With Quote #1750

Thanks for the update man. The addition of the acid, bomb and fire damage is a good feature, but is it possible to return the damage version of this pre-patch? Instead of following the values indicated on the mutant_tanks.cfg, I wanted it to follow the normal damage by default from left 4 dead 2. I do not like the idea the damage of the acid and the fire is fixed despite the duration the survivor is in it. Its supposed to add more damage the longer they stand in it but your recent update kinda removed that.