12% 

[L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]

Post New Thread Reply   

TrueDarkness
Old 05-27-2021 , 12:14   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFighter View Post
I don't know if it's because of the new updates of the game, I downloaded all of the files that Tonblader posted about Helm's Deep Reborn but I can't spawn the l4d1 group on Helm's Deep Reborn, any help would be appreciated. Video here
Go to \left4dead2\cfg\sourcemod\l4d_superversus.cfg

-------------------------------

// Static minimum amount of team survivor
// -
// Default: "4"
// Minimum: "4.000000"
// Maximum: "24.000000"
l4d_static_minimum_survivor "4"

--------------------------

Here, we set to 8

// -
l4d_static_minimum_survivor "8"
BTFighter
Old 05-28-2021 , 00:07   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #202

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDarkness View Post
Go to \left4dead2\cfg\sourcemod\l4d_superversus.cfg

-------------------------------

// -
l4d_static_minimum_survivor "4"

--------------------------

Here, we set to 8

// -
l4d_static_minimum_survivor "8"
Thanks for helping me, however, I already have that cvar set to 8 before playing Helm's Deep Reborn and it doesn't work.

swiftswing1
Old 05-28-2021 , 09:13   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFighter View Post
I don't know if it's because of the new updates of the game, I downloaded all of the files that Tonblader posted about Helm's Deep Reborn but I can't spawn the l4d1 group on Helm's Deep Reborn, any help would be appreciated. Video here
hey BT,

have you tried (when you first spawn into your newly created game) calling a vote -> restart round? i remember having to do this when i wanted to play helps deep 4+ players. it might help your case.
BTFighter
Old 05-28-2021 , 21:56   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftswing1 View Post
hey BT,

have you tried (when you first spawn into your newly created game) calling a vote -> restart round? i remember having to do this when i wanted to play helps deep 4+ players. it might help your case.
Wow, it worked, thank you.

Shadowysn
Old 06-03-2021 , 09:32   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #205

Alright, looks like even after removing the bugfixes extension the crashes still sort of happen.
Although, they seem to occur only during loading a new campaign after a few campaigns have been played instead of random points in time now.
Something I'll admit I was reluctant to mention is that my Sourcemod plugins are also mostly different to the main thread, so I don't think anyone else had the same problems as mine...

Here's the latest crash log I have of this, both the Throttle URL and attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: zip crash_3j2s5yeni7hw.zip (59.4 KB, 76 views)

Last edited by Shadowysn; 06-05-2021 at 11:56.
sbrblz
Old 08-03-2021 , 21:50   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #206

Is the l4d2_l4d1_survivors_fix.smx still needed or do the stripper configs do the same thing?
sbrblz
Old 08-10-2021 , 20:37   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #207

I hosted a LAN game, and strangely we didn't run into any issues with finale vehicle bugs or people randomly being marked as deceased. I had tested it before with bots. The only stripper files that I have are the 2 for the passing that were posted in another thread and the ones for helm's deep. Should I add all the finale stripper files that were posted here? Unfortunatley helm's deep didn't work with l4d1 survivors despite using the stripper config and restarting the round. I just changed the survivor set to l4d2 only with character manager. Also, on a dedicated server the map shows a "NAV ERRORS" box with "Map is unplayable" message even though it works fine. The message did not show up on a listen server.
My setup is slighty different but there are way too many variables to account for of course.

Last edited by sbrblz; 08-10-2021 at 21:20.
Tonblader
Old 08-10-2021 , 22:55   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrblz View Post
I hosted a LAN game, and strangely we didn't run into any issues with finale vehicle bugs or people randomly being marked as deceased. I had tested it before with bots. The only stripper files that I have are the 2 for the passing that were posted in another thread and the ones for helm's deep. Should I add all the finale stripper files that were posted here? Unfortunatley helm's deep didn't work with l4d1 survivors despite using the stripper config and restarting the round. I just changed the survivor set to l4d2 only with character manager. Also, on a dedicated server the map shows a "NAV ERRORS" box with "Map is unplayable" message even though it works fine. The message did not show up on a listen server.
My setup is slighty different but there are way too many variables to account for of course.
Read This:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=162

Maybe some of that can help.
swiftswing1
Old 08-11-2021 , 09:26   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrblz View Post
I hosted a LAN game, and strangely we didn't run into any issues with finale vehicle bugs or people randomly being marked as deceased. I had tested it before with bots.
if you're using any version of shao's superversus plugins, i believe they contain a fix by edison to prevent the bug from happening so there's no need to worry about that issue (at least from what i remember - i haven't had a solid l4d session in a while).
Quote:
Unfortunatley helm's deep didn't work with l4d1 survivors despite using the stripper config and restarting the round.
yeah the process in setting up is kind of a pain so it's hard to help you there. did you remember to replace the .nut file in your helm's deep .vpk? could be your solution.
sbrblz
Old 08-12-2021 , 04:06   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonblader View Post
Read This:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=162

Maybe some of that can help.
Hey thanks for the response, I've actually read this whole thread but it's hard to remember everything spread across different threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftswing1 View Post
if you're using any version of shao's superversus plugins, i believe they contain a fix by edison to prevent the bug from happening so there's no need to worry about that issue (at least from what i remember - i haven't had a solid l4d session in a while).

yeah the process in setting up is kind of a pain so it's hard to help you there. did you remember to replace the .nut file in your helm's deep .vpk? could be your solution.
That makes sense, I'm using Shadowsyn's updated ABM for bot/player control and Shao's modified Superversus plugin with player management disabled for difficulty scaling. It could be that 1 or both have fixes included for finale endings.

Also, thank you! You were right, the .nut file needed to be replaced, for some reason I skipped that step. I didn't feel like downloading 800mb+ just for the L4D2 authoring tools, so I used the vpk.exe from l4d1 which I still had installed on my computer. Seemed to work ok.

One more question, any time the map is loaded everyone gets a message box saying "NAV ERRORS" "Map is unplayable!". Map works ok though. To be clear, this error message has always there since before I had the stripper config and the .nut file change (using unmodifed file from workshop). Strangely, it does not show up if using a listen server instead of a dedicated server.