[L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121

Post New Thread Reply   

muukis
Veteran Member
Old 04-01-2011 , 02:19   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crotan View Post
I'm confused why it then try's to access the database again and again with a different user and localhost.

Any help?
There are two different configurations for MySQL logins:
  1. Login for the stats DB
  2. Login for the ip2country DB
You might want to have the ip2country DB to locate in a totally separate place. They can point to the same DB, however. I thing in that case you could leave the latter unmodified, not sure. Check the config.php that these values are correct.

Depending on your system configuration, you might want to Google the solution for creating a connection from your game server (MySQL client) and your MySQL server.

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
Crotan
Old 04-01-2011 , 13:09   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1272

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
There are two different configurations for MySQL logins:
  1. Login for the stats DB
  2. Login for the ip2country DB
You might want to have the ip2country DB to locate in a totally separate place. They can point to the same DB, however. I thing in that case you could leave the latter unmodified, not sure. Check the config.php that these values are correct.

Depending on your system configuration, you might want to Google the solution for creating a connection from your game server (MySQL client) and your MySQL server.
I use the same database for stats and ip2country, so they are one in the same for my setup.

So I have no information filled in for ip2country config section:
Code:
// MySQL information for IP to Country DB
// Fill this information only if a separate database is used
$mysql_ip2c_server = "";
$mysql_ip2c_db = "";
$mysql_ip2c_user = "";
$mysql_ip2c_password = "";
$mysql_ip2c_tableprefix = "";
my setup had been working fine for awhile now, but our web server actually just came under attack and we've been loosing connections to our MySQL databases, though what ever our host did to mitigate it, my sourcebans and left4dead stats databases are now denying the users, think it's a problem with my host now after working through tickets with them.

Thanks for the help though.
Crotan
Old 04-01-2011 , 13:14   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1273

nvm: April 1st of course

Last edited by Crotan; 04-01-2011 at 13:18.
Spawn86
Old 04-02-2011 , 14:07   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1274

Hello, the timedmaps tab is missing, if i open the timedmaps.php is shows this "You must provide a player Steam ID or proper map info to display Timed Maps statistics!" what i´m doing wrong? in the mysql database there a stats, but the tab is missing on the webpage! L4D2

Last edited by Spawn86; 04-02-2011 at 16:17.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 04-02-2011 , 18:01   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn86 View Post
Hello, the timedmaps tab is missing, if i open the timedmaps.php is shows this "You must provide a player Steam ID or proper map info to display Timed Maps statistics!" what i´m doing wrong? in the mysql database there a stats, but the tab is missing on the webpage! L4D2
This in your config.php:
PHP Code:
// Show/hide link for the timed maps (also disables the page for parameterless use)
$timedmaps_show_all False
If set to false, you can still use the functionality from a player stats page. This was done to ease the web server page load when there is high number of map timings. A page without parameters (player steam id) could load many seconds and the browsing of the page would become a pain.

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
Spawn86
Old 04-02-2011 , 18:20   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1276

well thanks, thats what i want to know ;)
very nice plugin...thanks a lot...

sometimes i have players in my ranking without name, only the countryflag is shown?is this normal?
maybe russian letters or something, the webiste cant read?

Last edited by Spawn86; 04-03-2011 at 10:04. Reason: another question
crazydog
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-22-2011 , 21:50   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1277

It seems that some queries are going over the bounds of the length of the variables.

A quick search and replace of "decl String:query[256];" to "decl String:query[512];" solves this. It actually only needed about 10 more bytes, but hey, memory is cheap.
SeeVee
Old 04-24-2011 , 08:48   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1278

I have had this installed for some time now and all of a sudden after wiping the stats for a competition Everyones scores are in the negative marks... -450

Anyone else encounter this? what causes this?
SeeVee
Old 05-01-2011 , 11:42   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1279

...anyone?
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 05-02-2011 , 02:05   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1280

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeVee View Post
I have had this installed for some time now and all of a sudden after wiping the stats for a competition Everyones scores are in the negative marks... -450

Anyone else encounter this? what causes this?
I have no idea, I'm sorry. Try creating a new DB for the stats to see if the old DB has gone corrupt? Or try creating manually a new player row to see what the default values are?