SSMS - Sourcemod Server Management System

Post New Thread Reply   

moxie2020
Veteran Member
Old 01-06-2012 , 20:10   Re: SSMS - Sourcemod Server Management System
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroibis View Post
As stated in the post above yours this plugin does not really monitor your server in that way. What it does do is send the _restart command via console. If your server is crashed or frozen this will not help you. Therefore having some sort of other program or system in place to keep your server alive is another issue. The purpose of this program appears to be to streamline the day to day operations and maintenance of the server using a simplified interface that is able to provide a one stop spot for valuable information and quick access to basic commands in relation to said data.
Ok, I read what you said I just wasn't positive what you meant. Thank you for taking the time to clarify. I'm glad I like forlix and I only need the plugin manager.
Oo Alias oO
Old 01-09-2012 , 05:20   Re: SSMS - Sourcemod Server Management System
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroibis View Post
As stated in the post above yours this plugin does not really monitor your server in that way. What it does do is send the _restart command via console. If your server is crashed or frozen this will not help you. Therefore having some sort of other program or system in place to keep your server alive is another issue. The purpose of this program appears to be to streamline the day to day operations and maintenance of the server using a simplified interface that is able to provide a one stop spot for valuable information and quick access to basic commands in relation to said data.
This is pretty much right, can't really think of a way to sum it up better.
Old 01-12-2012 , 08:53   Re: SSMS - Sourcemod Server Management System
Reply With Quote #33

Can this web have a public interface in addition to this admin interface @@.
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 01-12-2012 , 08:56   Re: SSMS - Sourcemod Server Management System
Reply With Quote #34

I will try and make a example, and upload that to github too. We also use a generated picture for a server overview as motd on our tf2 servers. I'll see if i can add a example output for that one too. (my time is a bit short, got my eyes hit by a freaking laser beam so they are recoverring. Lost my glasses now)

See http://motd.lethal-zone.eu/tf2/tf2motd.html as a example what we have now. Its just a picture on top of some styles (so i assume you would want something like http://motd.lethal-zone.eu/tf2/tf2motdservers.png to start with)

Last edited by snelvuur; 01-12-2012 at 09:01.
duydangle
Old 01-12-2012 , 09:15   Re: SSMS - Sourcemod Server Management System
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelvuur View Post
I will try and make a example, and upload that to github too. We also use a generated picture for a server overview as motd on our tf2 servers. I'll see if i can add a example output for that one too. (my time is a bit short, got my eyes hit by a freaking laser beam so they are recoverring. Lost my glasses now)

See http://motd.lethal-zone.eu/tf2/tf2motd.html as a example what we have now. Its just a picture on top of some styles (so i assume you would want something like http://motd.lethal-zone.eu/tf2/tf2motdservers.png to start with)
Oh your MOTD is very awesome xD. BTW what I mean is this page: http://www.lethal-zone.eu/servers.php

//BTW I still don't understand the cron part @@. The php must be executed every minute so servers will be updated? How can all servers get updated every minute?
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 01-12-2012 , 09:18   Re: SSMS - Sourcemod Server Management System
Reply With Quote #36

that server overview is just a cut down version from the admin server list, i will see if i can make the same so you can integrate it on a page too.

Well yes, the php is run on the commandline with -u option. It then scans all servers each minute. This goes faster then you can imagine. Querying the master server to see if there are updates takes the most time. Querying all our servers takes a second or so.
Old 01-12-2012 , 09:58   Re: SSMS - Sourcemod Server Management System
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
that server overview is just a cut down version from the admin server list, i will see if i can make the same so you can integrate it on a page too.

Well yes, the php is run on the commandline with -u option. It then scans all servers each minute. This goes faster then you can imagine. Querying the master server to see if there are updates takes the most time. Querying all our servers takes a second or so.
I found something:
1. About the plugin checker: If I walk 1 server then the progress hang on and cannot stop. I stop it, refresh the plugin check list, that server's plugins list is displayed (work if check -> stop -> repeat on all servers).

If I walk all servers, the progress hang on, I refresh the plugin check list page but the page show nothing (not work)
2. I cannot update the server list @@. I cannot access the server directly but add the command to directadmin's cronjobs. Do you think it will work? Can you tell me what command if I want to update all servers manually?

//Sorry for my bad English .

Last edited by duydangle; 01-12-2012 at 10:02.
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 01-12-2012 , 10:14   Re: SSMS - Sourcemod Server Management System
Reply With Quote #38

1. is the cache folder read/write for your webserver? chmod 777 cache. If it is, then also check if you can use rcon from the server overview. (this should be possible, if not then its a config issue)

2. You need to run it into a crontab entry so it will update it on the background for you. If you can make a crontab entry it will work.

You can use the full path to where the servers.php is located and just do /path/to/files/servers.php -u
to run it manually for 1 time.

I dont know about directadrmin crontabs though.. perhaps your isp/hoster knows.
Old 01-12-2012 , 13:03   Re: SSMS - Sourcemod Server Management System
Reply With Quote #39

This looks quite nice.
I'll try it out once I've got my new box online.
Thanks for the release.
duydangle
Old 01-12-2012 , 22:51   Re: SSMS - Sourcemod Server Management System
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
1. is the cache folder read/write for your webserver? chmod 777 cache. If it is, then also check if you can use rcon from the server overview. (this should be possible, if not then its a config issue)

2. You need to run it into a crontab entry so it will update it on the background for you. If you can make a crontab entry it will work.

You can use the full path to where the servers.php is located and just do /path/to/files/servers.php -u
to run it manually for 1 time.

I dont know about directadrmin crontabs though.. perhaps your isp/hoster knows.
1. Thanks about the chmod, the walk work now...
2. I will try the command update again.

EDIT: I got the command update work, thank you very much xD. I think now we just need an public interface (I mentioned) and the MOTD script. VERY NICE. Thank you xD.

Last edited by duydangle; 01-12-2012 at 23:04.