Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CSS/CS:GO] Weapon Restrict

Post New Thread Reply   

terpion
Old 06-11-2010 , 07:11   Re: [CSS] Weapon Restrict
Reply With Quote #251

What happens if I have perplayercommands turned on and set AWP restriction to 0 from admin menu? I'm asking beacause it seems like the restriction from admin menu command only lasts until the end of the round and not the end of the map.
Send a message via Yahoo to terpion
Dr!fter
The Salt Boss
Old 06-11-2010 , 09:48   Re: [CSS] Weapon Restrict
Reply With Quote #252

Quote:
Originally Posted by doa View Post
One more question...
What happen with existing weapons when number of players drops below perplayerrestrict?

Let say AWP is restricted when less then 4 players, and during the round the 4th players drop, leaving the server with 3 players. What happen to the AWP's currently in use?

Ideally they should stay until round end, and then refound the owner.
It will loop through on round start and see how many awps there should be per team and how many there is and remove the number of awps it needs to remove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpion View Post
What happens if I have perplayercommands turned on and set AWP restriction to 0 from admin menu? I'm asking beacause it seems like the restriction from admin menu command only lasts until the end of the round and not the end of the map.
What do you mean by perplayercommands? Do you mean teh seprate plugin or the built in per player awp restrict? I have to add something to the perplayer awp restrict so that if it is changed manually it stops using perplayer. But if your using the other plugin Its a bit harder since the other plugin is changing restrictions of weapons like an admin would do. It should last as long as a player dosnt leave or player dosnt connect then it will run the per player again. Ill have a look for avoid this auto changing again.
terpion
Old 06-14-2010 , 03:44   Re: [CSS] Weapon Restrict
Reply With Quote #253

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouzAMenace View Post
What do you mean by perplayercommands? Do you mean teh seprate plugin or the built in per player awp restrict? I have to add something to the perplayer awp restrict so that if it is changed manually it stops using perplayer. But if your using the other plugin Its a bit harder since the other plugin is changing restrictions of weapons like an admin would do. It should last as long as a player dosnt leave or player dosnt connect then it will run the per player again. Ill have a look for avoid this auto changing again.
Sorry, I meant the perplayerrestrict.txt with sm_perplayer_restrict on. I'm having an issue where in the perplayerrestrict.txt I have:
"AwpRestrict"
{
"awp"
{
"4" "0"
"8" "1"
"12" "2"
}
}
and then I restrict AWP to 0 from admin menu and next round players are able to buy AWP again, thus the restriction from the menu is not working, SM version 1.3.2
Send a message via Yahoo to terpion
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 06-14-2010 , 07:47   Re: [CSS] Weapon Restrict
Reply With Quote #254

You need disable perplayer restrict before you can restrict awp when there is 8 -12 or more players on server...
change cvar.. use sm_cvar sm_perplayer_restrict 0
Code:
// If enabled will restrict awp per player count
// -
// Default: "0"
sm_perplayer_restrict "0"

Last edited by Bacardi; 06-14-2010 at 07:49.
Dr!fter
The Salt Boss
Old 06-14-2010 , 09:46   Re: [CSS] Weapon Restrict
Reply With Quote #255

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpion View Post
Sorry, I meant the perplayerrestrict.txt with sm_perplayer_restrict on. I'm having an issue where in the perplayerrestrict.txt I have:
"AwpRestrict"
{
"awp"
{
"4" "0"
"8" "1"
"12" "2"
}
}
and then I restrict AWP to 0 from admin menu and next round players are able to buy AWP again, thus the restriction from the menu is not working, SM version 1.3.2
Yes there is that bug. Ive been working on a few fixes hopefully ill release it this week. But i dont know if ill have time to fix/add everything i wanted to. Its not the menu not working its the fact that your changing it in menu and then when someone leaves or connects and the check happens again it sets awp back to what is in the awprestrict thing. Like i said i have a fix for it so ill try to release soon.

Last edited by Dr!fter; 06-14-2010 at 09:49.
Dr!fter
The Salt Boss
Old 06-16-2010 , 18:51   Re: [CSS] Weapon Restrict
Reply With Quote #256

So heres some info on some of the things ive been working on.

-Custom Sound you will be able to set a different sound to play when a weapon is restricted.
-Fix for reloading the plugin or late loading.
-Pre and post warmup configs you'll be able to put cvars into the config to run pre warmup and/or post
-Admin override if you change a restriction via admin command changes to that weapon via cvar wont effect restrictions (this is more for people that use player count for restrictions)
-Removed cstrike extension being needed
-Added errors to be thrown if signatures are incorrect
-Changed warmup config path to be inside the restrict folder instead of just in addons/sourcemod/configs it will now be in addons/sourcemod/configs/restrict to keep all the files in one location.
-Added sm_restrict @all to restrict all weapons
-Fixed a possible memory leak in config loader
-Css beta support (full support which includes warmup support)
-The big one... Translations.. yes im finally adding support for them

There are some other things on the list to do but these are mostly done a few still need final touches. The others may be added in this release or in the next. Im hoping to release it this week but im very busy so dont be disappointed if i dont. If you have a feature you would like added that you dont see above post it and ill see about adding it to this release.

Last edited by Dr!fter; 06-16-2010 at 18:54.
shustas
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-16-2010 , 19:02   Re: [CSS] Weapon Restrict
Reply With Quote #257

^^ well done mate, good luck
Old 06-16-2010 , 19:09   Re: [CSS] Weapon Restrict
Reply With Quote #258

Quote:

-Custom Sound you will be able to set a different sound to play when a weapon is restricted.
-Fix for reloading the plugin or late loading.
-Pre and post warmup configs you'll be able to put cvars into the config to run pre warmup and/or post
-Admin override if you change a restriction via admin command changes to that weapon via cvar wont effect restrictions (this is more for people that use player count for restrictions)
-Removed cstrike extension being needed
-Added errors to be thrown if signatures are incorrect
-Changed warmup config path to be inside the restrict folder instead of just in addons/sourcemod/configs it will now be in addons/sourcemod/configs/restrict to keep all the files in one location.
-Fixed a possible memory leak in config loader
-Css beta support (full support which includes warmup support)
-The big one... Translations.. yes im finally adding support for them

There are some other things on the list to do but these are mostly done a few still need final touches. The others may be added in this release or in the next. Im hoping to release it this week but im very busy so dont be disappointed if i dont. If you have a feature you would like added that you dont see above post it and ill see about adding it to this release.
Fantastic YouzAMenace
You really support your plugin

I can't wait to try that command out when you post the next update.
I plan on using Advanced Commands in conjunction with Weapon Restrict.
In order to restrict all weapons with Weapon Restrict plugin
and give out weapons with advanced commands plugin

Last edited by nightrider; 06-16-2010 at 19:21.
Snake60
Old 06-18-2010 , 08:48   Re: [CSS] Weapon Restrict
Reply With Quote #259

Quote:
Glad to hear it
If you want you can take a picture from my post and put it in your first. I'll be happy that not wasting my time on it
The Salt Boss
Old 06-19-2010 , 14:39   Re: [CSS] Weapon Restrict
Reply With Quote #260

I added it to the first post Snake60 i also gave you credit Oh yea.. I also released 2.3.0 Enjoy! Report problems and ill try to get on them quickly. If you want to provide translations feel free. Please provide them in the perfered method (folder method) instead of one big file with all. I will have a translations zip in the first post (when i get some ) with all the translations provided and proper credit given.

Big note: If your using perplayer restrictions (specfically the seprate plugin) make sure that you are changing the cvar and are not using the admin commands to change the restrictions. As admin commands changing restrictions will now be addded to override any cvar changes (for that map) This prevents the restrictions from changing back when player leaves or connects. In result keeping the restriction ammount to the value set by the admin.

There is also some cool new admin commands. sm_reload_restrictions and sm_remove_restricted. sm_reload_restrictions will be very helpful for people that like to change restrictions alot. It will reload the config and also remove any overrides that had been set. sm_remove_restricted will be also helpful it strips restricted weapons from players (good to run after doing sm_restrict @all) so that they are stripped of there weapons that very moment instead of at round start. It will also remove weapons to keep it within the ammount allowed. For example if you have awp restricted to 1 and you allow players to pick up restricted weapons and all of sudden there is 4 people with awp running the command will strip 3 people of an awp. Read first post for entire change log

Oh one more thing, the warmup config has move to a different directory then before. It is now in the addons\sourcemod\configs\restrict directory so if you have a warmup config in the previous directory simply place it to the new directory. The change was made to keep everything in one organized folder.

Last edited by Dr!fter; 06-19-2010 at 14:47.