Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

SDK Hooks 2.1 - Updated 2011-9-10

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

clad
Old 11-06-2012 , 20:35   Re: SDK Hooks 2.1 - Updated 2011-9-10

Excellent, it worked. Thank you.
Old 11-11-2012 , 08:07   Re: SDK Hooks 2.1 - Updated 2011-9-10

Where is the download link?, i was gonna start a server again and i needed sdkhooks for tf2 to make a few plugins work. But i can't find the download link.

Last edited by Speedwing; 11-11-2012 at 09:13.
Polonius
Old 11-11-2012 , 13:29   Re: SDK Hooks 2.1 - Updated 2011-9-10

Yes it has been gone for a while. I need it too for several plugins. There are some misc files floating around on this forum from past versions of SDKHooks but I don't know what to do with them. It's a shame because those plugins are dead in the water until we can figure out what to do about SDKHooks and some are pretty important, like All4Dead2 v.2.0.0. If anyone here has an alternative suggestion I would certainly appreciate it! I am renting Linux servers.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 11-11-2012 , 13:33   Re: SDK Hooks 2.1 - Updated 2011-9-10

Use the 2.2 beta linked in the first post. 2.1 is no longer being supported.
Polonius
Old 11-11-2012 , 14:24   Re: SDK Hooks 2.1 - Updated 2011-9-10

Exactly where is the link? And how do you install it? To what folders?
Polonius
Old 11-11-2012 , 14:36   Re: SDK Hooks 2.1 - Updated 2011-9-10

psychonic, is it this file?
sdkhooks-2.2.0-dev-hg205-linux.tar.gz

And I rent my servers from gameservers.com and they are linux so would I use this one? It isnt a zip file, so is that the ONLY file I need? If so, I'm not sure where to put a .gz file to install it .
scso1502
Old 11-11-2012 , 15:27   Re: SDK Hooks 2.1 - Updated 2011-9-10

Polonius: Yes that's the correct file.

A.tar.gz file is another form of archive (used by unix systems). To extract it, download Winrar or some other extraction tool to open the archive. Then upload the extracted files to your server's SourceMod folder using FTP or the File Manager of your game server's control panel. Once the upload is done, restart the server so sdkhooks will load. That's all you need to do to make it work.

Google is your friend. These and many other answers to questions about archive files and such are already posted in other places so please try searching before asking basic questions here. This will usually get you the fastest answer and there are just so many questions flooding this site that we all need to do our part to ask only the most important relative ones here so we all get the answers we need as fast as possible. Sorry if this sounds curt, I don't mean it to.

Good luck with the plugin!

Lt. Maverick
BOOM! Gaming & Technology Community
www.boomgaming.net

Last edited by scso1502; 11-11-2012 at 15:28.
Polonius
Old 11-11-2012 , 15:40   Re: SDK Hooks 2.1 - Updated 2011-9-10

Thanks for the answer. And I have spent literally days trying to answer this myself on both google and these forums. I know google is my friend, I use it constantly. I have only posted 3 questions on these forums ever because most answers I found myself. I only post here when I get truly desperate. My problems is that I'm new to this type of file and I didn't know what appiled to me, what didn't and even if that was the right file for me.
scso1502
Old 11-11-2012 , 16:10   Re: SDK Hooks 2.1 - Updated 2011-9-10

I hear ya Polonius, there's lots to learn and sorting through all this stuff can be very difficult and labor intensive.

I can't thank the good people like Psychonic and the many other wonderful Devs here who continue to donate their time to the SourceMod community. Their service is invaluable. The only complaint I could really bring up is that things here on this site could be a little better organized and a lot easier to find.

For starters, I really wish the upload link was setup on this thread like all the others. There are people like myself who still use version 2.1 of this extension because certain things don't work correctly in 2.2. That being said, having the download link for the latest 2.1 on the first page of this thread even though it's outdated and no longer supported would be very helpful to many who come here looking for it.

It would also be hugely helpful to everyone if version 2.2 was easier to find here on the site. It really needs it's own thread. Overall, the search results generated by using the search option on this site are terrible. You have to sort through many useless returns to find what you're looking for and in many cases, the info you seek doesn't even show up in your search even though you entered it exactly as it was listed here. For this reason I have completely stopped using the on-site search option and now only Google to take you to things I'm looking for here

A while ago I sent the administrator a request to optimize the search system and become a moderator for the site but never heard back. Its probably because they simply don't have the time or maybe the info is old and the person receiving the email no longer is getting them. If anyone reading this can connect me with someone interesting in having me help with moderation, the offer very much still stands.

Regardless, this forum could use an Administrator to re-run the optimization tools so it regenerates the search index. They are probably just overwhelmed and haven't gotten around to it. This should probably be done monthly and hopefully someone will take care of it down the road.

Anyway, I just want to repeat I wasn't trying to be an ass and I'm glad you got what you were looking for. Good luck with your server and have a great weekend...

Lt. Maverick
BOOM! Gaming & Technology Community
www.boomgaming.net

Last edited by scso1502; 11-12-2012 at 15:42.
Closed Thread