Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments

Post New Thread Reply   

Sev
Veteran Member
Old 04-18-2016 , 22:55   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #191

Everything seems good now. I've disabled the 3rd person as well until you feel like its fixed.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 04-18-2016 , 23:25   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #192

yah i've been trying to fix it since my first release lol, good idea to deactivate it for now, enjoy...one other thing, the reserve ammo problem isn't fixed either with the m60, it happens on map change if you aren't holding it in your hand when the round ends, the secondary slot isn't accounting for the reserve ammo, i'm gonna try and find a fix, but for now just make sure when you close the saferoom doors, the m60 is in your hands...or just reload it immediately after the round starts again.

Last edited by MasterMind420; 04-18-2016 at 23:30.
cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 04-18-2016 , 23:44   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
yah i've been trying to fix it since my first release lol, good idea to deactivate it for now, enjoy...one other thing, the reserve ammo problem isn't fixed either with the m60, it happens on map change if you aren't holding it in your hand when the round ends, the secondary slot isn't accounting for the reserve ammo, i'm gonna try and find a fix, but for now just make sure when you close the saferoom doors, the m60 is in your hands...or just reload it immediately after the round starts again.
Yup, but it doesn't bother players unless there's no ammo pile in the saferoom.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 04-19-2016 , 00:07   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenge View Post
Yup, but it doesn't bother players unless there's no ammo pile in the saferoom.
yah i can see that being an issue...it should be easily fixable, take into account that when its an m60 in the save slot also save reserve ammo, I know where the code is to fix it...maybe i'll get to it tonight, if not, after work tomorrow...
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 04-20-2016 , 08:29   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #195

Ok so...I have a solution to the item clipping problem...from what I can tell in the next update, the only time the items clip is when coming back from afk. The reason why is the plugin queries the c_thirdpersonshoulder convar on the clients. Problem with that is, when going afk in thirdpersonshoulder,u come back in firstperson, but the convar on the clients doesnt change, it is a bug in L4D2 and i reported it. So clipping will happen in this situation, however as a workaround. just do thirdpersonshoulder twice and the convar will correct itself, and the clipping will disappear...its all i know that can be done until it gets fixed by valve, if ever...
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 04-21-2016 , 18:41   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #196

Next version 2.8 will be released tomorrow night between 6-9pm us eastern standard time.
It will have code optimizations, disabling some of the timers based on bots not using them and what settings you've set in the config. Also all clipping issues in firstperson with extra items will be resolved except for one which will be easily fixed by the clients playing on your servers as long as they've bound thirdpersonshoulder to a key, this is due to a L4D2 bug and going afk in thirdpersonshoulder which has been reported. Viewing extra equipment will only be seen in thirdpersonshoulder, not in thirdperson. Possibly in a future update I will add a convar check for thirdperson if people want it. I will also leave view option in the config so you can disable it completely if you want to.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 04-22-2016 , 20:37   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #197

---NEW FEATURES---
AFK Save, now saves and loads equipment if you go afk.
Splitscreen Player Support, mod is now fully functional with splitscreen players.
Auto Activate, multiple equipment is now always active so no need to pick anything up.
Primary Weapon Workaround, all primary weapons now retain 1 bullet before the gun completely empties so u can switch.
Auto Thirdpersonshoulder Extra Equipment View, when you switch to thirdpersonshoulder it will show extra equipment unless disabled in the config.

---VERSION 2.8---
Moved auto activation and thirdpersonshoulder check back to OnClientPostAdminCheck.
Added Clipping Fix to Activate, item_pickup, player_bot_replace, bot_player_replace.
Added bot checks to stop timers being started that aren't necessary for bots.
Removed Mode Select Menu, Mode 2, as well as all unnecessary code involving prior activation methods.
AttachAllEquipment only happens in thirdpersonshoulder view now.
Removed Show Message and Mode Select convars from the config.

---VERSION 2.9---
Added l4d_me_mode cvar into the config, Single Tap and Double Tap are now selectable again in the config.
Both modes work flawlessly now, no random slot switching when you switch and the scroll wheel is also fixed.
The item in the slot will remain that item until you single tap it or double tap it depending on the mode you select.

***Please read if using thirdpersonshoulder with extra equipment view***
The only clipping issue left is when going into afk when in thirdpersonshoulder, when you leave afk it puts the client into firstperson.
Problem is that convarquerycheck still registers clients being in thirdpersonshoulder, which determines whether or not to activate the extra equipment view. This is a bug in L4D2. Until valve fixes this press your thirdpersonshoulder key if bound or type thirdpersonshoulder again, it will correct the convar as firstperson and the clipping bug will be gone.

***MAKE SURE YOU DELETE YOUR OLD CFG WHEN YOU UPDATE***

Previous post will remain for about a week in case people have issues and need to revert...

As always if there are any issues let me know...
Attached Files
File Type: smx l4d2_prevent_m60_drop.smx (6.7 KB, 82 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d2_prevent_m60_drop.sp - 182 views - 5.2 KB)
File Type: smx l4d2_guncontrol.smx (12.8 KB, 89 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d2_guncontrol.sp - 158 views - 23.1 KB)
File Type: smx l4d_multiple_equipment.smx (24.8 KB, 92 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_multiple_equipment.sp - 182 views - 47.4 KB)

Last edited by MasterMind420; 04-24-2016 at 01:22. Reason: Update v2.9
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 04-23-2016 , 13:38   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #198

Ok so i'm not sure if this is possible but i'm gonna try like hell to make it so all clients except the one carrying the extra equipment can see it at all times. I've seen code where it does work. I'd also like to retain the thirdpersonshoulder viewing of equipment as well on your self. Basically making a fully functional extra equipment viewing system.

I'd also like to fix the slot switching, when you switch to one slot and then back to another with a secondary in it, it automatically switches to the secondary. I don't really like this behavior. Fixing it would mean whatever items in that slot would remain that way until pressing the button again to switch. Something i've noticed that if you go to a slot and press the key twice, then switch to another with a secondary item in it, it doesn't switch immediately, this is what i want to accomplish, without having to press the key twice in another slot first.

There's more I plan on doing, these are just some of my priority ideas...also fixing the M60 reserve ammo being lost on map change if its in a secondary slot, that should be in the next update or two...

Last edited by MasterMind420; 04-23-2016 at 13:41.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 04-23-2016 , 19:08   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #199

---VERSION 2.9---
Added l4d_me_mode cvar into the config, Single Tap and Double Tap are now selectable again in the config.
Both modes work flawlessly now, no random slot switching when you switch and the scroll wheel is also fixed.
The item in the slot will remain that item until you single tap it or double tap it depending on the mode you select.

Previous post has been updated...
Krufftys Killers
Old 04-24-2016 , 01:07   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #200

L 04/24/2016 - 01:07:45: [SM] Native "QueryClientConVar" reported: Client 6 is not connected
L 04/24/2016 - 01:07:45: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "l4d_multiple_equipment.smx":
L 04/24/2016 - 01:07:45: [SM] [0] Line 170, /home/forums/content/files/9/7/2/5/7/154064.attach::AutoThirdpersonshoulderCheck()
L 04/24/2016 - 01:07:45: [SM] Native "QueryClientConVar" reported: Client 6 is not connected
L 04/24/2016 - 01:07:45: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "l4d_multiple_equipment.smx":