Dota 2 Fixups

Post New Thread Reply   

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-25-2014 , 15:54   Re: Dota 2 Fixups
Reply With Quote #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
Here is a Windows-only build of v2.1.0. I will build for other platforms when time permits and update the first post, probably tomorrow.

• Updates Waiting for Players functionality on all platforms (to fix dota_wait_for_players_to_load_count).
  • Fixes new Valve bug with RCon not initializing. (a map must be loaded for RCon to work now)
  • Fixes old Valve bug where SourceTV is included in bots that get kicked when server hibernates (including on startup). This fix will be Windows-only for now.
Just making sure you didn't forget about this.

BAFFLED
Old 11-25-2014 , 22:09   Re: Dota 2 Fixups
Reply With Quote #222

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
Here is a Windows-only build of v2.1.0. I will build for other platforms when time permits and update the first post, probably tomorrow.

• Updates Waiting for Players functionality on all platforms (to fix dota_wait_for_players_to_load_count).
  • Fixes new Valve bug with RCon not initializing. (a map must be loaded for RCon to work now)
  • Fixes old Valve bug where SourceTV is included in bots that get kicked when server hibernates (including on startup). This fix will be Windows-only for now.
The first post has now been updated with this, as well as new binaries for Linux and Mac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Just making sure you didn't forget about this.
I didn't, and actually had just compiled the Linux and Mac binaries about an hour before your post. ~timing~
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 11-26-2014 , 13:53   Re: Dota 2 Fixups
Reply With Quote #223

The first post has been updated with version 2.1.1 for all platforms.

It fixes an issue where RCon was always (attempting to) bind to port 27015 rather than the server port. It also enables the HLTV kick fix on Mac (but still not Linux yet).
Timon_cheg
Old 11-28-2014 , 10:30   Re: Dota 2 Fixups
Reply With Quote #224

Thank you very much for your work. Have a question for SourceTV: when you write in the console (connect ip_server:27075) that connects without problems, but when through URL link (steam://connect/ip_server:27075) that connects directly to the game as a player. How to prescribe the URL link for SourceTV?
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 11-28-2014 , 10:33   Re: Dota 2 Fixups
Reply With Quote #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon_cheg View Post
but when through URL link (steam://connect/ip_server:27075) that connects directly to the game as a player. How to prescribe the URL link for SourceTV?
If you find a way, let me know. As far as I know, the steam:// link cannot be made to work. It connects to the game port instead of the SourceTV port. It might work with a TV relay (or if not, you could use some hackery to fake the advertised port on it since no one would need to connect to the game port on it, only the tv port).
Mathias.
Veteran Member
Old 11-28-2014 , 14:29   Re: Dota 2 Fixups
Reply With Quote #226

would it be possible to get this autoupdate like sourcemod?
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 11-28-2014 , 15:10   Re: Dota 2 Fixups
Reply With Quote #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Rabbit View Post
would it be possible to get this autoupdate like sourcemod?
With how infrequent the releases typically are, it does not seem to be worth the time to implement.
gpadmin
Old 12-01-2014 , 18:16   Re: Dota 2 Fixups
Reply With Quote #228

Have problem with capitan mode server with - dota_wait_for_players_to_load_count
after server restart when players connect they stuck on choice and etc... only some restart fix it....
config option dota_wait_for_players_to_load_count = 10

public servers work fine. I am have dota_wait_for_players_to_load_count = 1 here
wanted2411
Old 12-02-2014 , 23:55   Re: Dota 2 Fixups
Reply With Quote #229

Since last Dota update can't change 'dota_wait_for_players_to_load'. It's always 1.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 12-03-2014 , 06:35   Re: Dota 2 Fixups
Reply With Quote #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanted2411 View Post
Since last Dota update can't change 'dota_wait_for_players_to_load'. It's always 1.
dota_wait_for_players_to_load is a convar built into the game, to control whether or not to use the waiting for players state (default 1 / enabled).

dota_wait_for_players_to_load_count is the convar added by D2Fixups which controls the number of players to wait for (default 10), since the game won't otherwise have this from lobby information and would default to 0.