Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] PropHunt 1.93

Post New Thread Reply   

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-25-2013 , 11:36   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1041

To those of you who were seeing players stuck frozen: Were these players only Pyros? I just noticed that the call to Timer_DoEquipBlu at arena_round_start was sending a client index while Timer_DoEquipBlu was expecting a client userid.

Anyway, I need to test it first, but I should have version 2.07 out soon. Changes planned for this version are:
  • Fixed issue where function for fixing BLU players was passed a client index when setup time started; the function expects client userids. This may fix issues where BLU players were not unfreezing correctly.
  • Switched function for fixing RED players to use userids to prevent errors when a player disconnects before the timer fires.
  • Add optional dependency on TF2Attributes.
  • Added cvar ph_stripsetbonuses which defaults to 1. Requires TF2Attributes to set to 1. Setting this cvar strips both the Scout Milkman set bonus and the Pyro Attendant set bonus and downside... filthy cheaters. (This needs testing)
  • Added cvar ph_falldamage which defaults to 1. Requires TF2Attributes to set to 0. Setting to 0 prevents all players from taking fall damage.

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-25-2013 at 11:57.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-26-2013 , 23:33   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1042

OK, so here's 2.07

What's New
  • Prop Hunt now generates a config file: cfg/sourcemod/prophunt.cfg. This is a breaking change because it means any existing setting for ph_propmenu will be ignored. Make sure to update this configuration file after it's created. I've attached a sample config file, too, if you want to edit it before putting it on (but be aware it matches my server's settings not the default)
  • Fixed issue where a client index was being passed instead of a userid to a timer when fixing BLU players when setup time started. This may fix issues where BLU players were not unfreezing correctly.
  • Switched the corresponding timer for fixing RED players to use userids. This is to prevent errors when a player disconnects before the timer fires.
  • New Cvar: ph_gamedescription. Default 1. If set to 1 and SteamTools is installed on the server, it changes the game description to Prop Hunt. ph_adtext is ignored if this is set to 0.
  • New Optional Dependency: TF2Attributes. Required for the next two CVars.
  • New Cvar: ph_stripsetbonuses. Requires TF2Attributes. Defaults to 1. Strips all attributes that are set directly on players. Mainly for set attributes, such as the Milkman Scout health bonus and Attendant Pyro speed bonus, but could affect attributes set by other plugins. Has no effect on attributes set on weapons.
  • New Cvar: ph_preventfalldamage. Requires TF2Attributes. Defaults to 0. If set to 1, prevents all players from taking fall damage. Set to 0 by default for compatibility reasons.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (prophunt.sp - 103 views - 75.9 KB)
File Type: smx prophunt.smx (35.0 KB, 109 views)
File Type: cfg prophunt.cfg (863 Bytes, 124 views)

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-26-2013 at 23:55.
VoiDeD
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-27-2013 , 02:29   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1043

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
To those of you who were seeing players stuck frozen: Were these players only Pyros? I just noticed that the call to Timer_DoEquipBlu at arena_round_start was sending a client index while Timer_DoEquipBlu was expecting a client userid.
That was something I had changed in my version of the plugin a long time ago. It didn't help to alleviate issues.
Old 06-29-2013 , 13:47   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1044

Hi guys, I'm really having trouble installing this.

I am currently at a 24-player LAN party and we want to play PropHunt, so I said I'd host a game server with it.

I have PHResourcePack.zip, PHDataPack.zip and mmsource-1.9.2-windows.zip, but I don't know where they go and what to do afterwards.

Any help?
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-29-2013 , 14:20   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1045

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Mustard View Post
Hi guys, I'm really having trouble installing this.

I am currently at a 24-player LAN party and we want to play PropHunt, so I said I'd host a game server with it.

I have PHResourcePack.zip, PHDataPack.zip and mmsource-1.9.2-windows.zip, but I don't know where they go and what to do afterwards.

Any help?
For a windows machine, you'll need:

OK, as for installation instructions:

1. Unzip mmsource-1.9.3-hg819-windows.zip to the server's tf\ directory.
  2. Put metamod.vdf in the server's tf\addons\ directory.
  3. Unzip sourcemod-1.5.0-hg3842-windows.zip to the server's tf\ directory.
  4. Put prophunt.smx in the server's tf\addons\sourcemod\plugins\ directory.
  5. Unzip PHDataPack.7z to the server's tf\ directory. If you don't have a tool that understands .7z files, you can get 7zip here.
  6. Unzip PHResourcePack.7z to the server's tf\ directory. If you don't have a tool that understands .7z files, you can get 7zip here.
  7. Copy tf\mapcycle_prophunt.txt to tf\mapcycle.txt
  8. Change the server's startup map to one of the maps in tf\mapcycle.txt or change +map <whatever> to +randommap. If you're not specifying the startup map in the command-line, you can put randommap in tf\cfg\autoexec.cfg instead.
Let me know if you have any problems.
Attached Files
File Type: vdf metamod.vdf (59 Bytes, 120 views)

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-29-2013 at 14:24.
King Mustard
Old 06-29-2013 , 14:59   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1046

Quote:
<snip>
What do you mean, "the server's tf\ directory"?

Where is this?

Are you referring to \Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2?

Last edited by King Mustard; 06-29-2013 at 15:00.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-29-2013 , 15:04   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1047

Quote:
What do you mean, "the server's tf\ directory"?

Where is this?

Are you referring to \Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2?
I was under the impression that you were installing this on a dedicated server.

SourceMod is known to not play nicely with servers launched from within the game itself, and Prop Hunt is a SourceMod plugin.
Old 06-29-2013 , 15:09   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1048

Quote:
I was under the impression that you were installing this on a dedicated server.

SourceMod is known to not play nicely with servers launched from within the game itself, and Prop Hunt is a SourceMod plugin.
Oh, shame. I wanted to play, too.
lyric
Veteran Member
Old 07-02-2013 , 18:44   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1049

prop hunt is so fun. it is real shame that people think its boring real fast but can play those very bad game modes where kids scream at you for killing them [aka VSH]. makes you really wonder about players doesnt it? good work Powerlord for doing this right
Old 07-02-2013 , 19:09   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1050

Quote:
Oh, shame. I wanted to play, too.
I've played on LAN parties while hosting on my notebook & playing at the same time. It works fine.
Just create a server on your pc and do: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...postcount=1045

Code:
sv_lan 1   // Type sv_lan 0 if you want the game to be public, or sv_lan 1 for LAN only.

Last edited by AeroAcrobat; 07-02-2013 at 19:09.