Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D1 & L4D2] Health Preserve Fix & Give Start Health (optional)

Post New Thread Reply   

Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 07-04-2022 , 13:20   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2] Health Preserve Fix & Give Start Health (optional)
Reply With Quote #11

Can you clarify more clearly, what you mean under "I am on last down" ?

Did you were in B/W state, than you did self-kill while bot closed the door, or what?
Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 07-04-2022 , 13:33   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2] Health Preserve Fix & Give Start Health (optional)
Reply With Quote #12

Sure thing:

1. On round 1, go down 2 times and be on last down (B/W + heartbeat), enter saferoom and move to round 2.
2. On round 2 round start - heartbeat and down count is removed/reset, but B/W screen is still present.
Old 07-04-2022 , 13:44   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2] Health Preserve Fix & Give Start Health (optional)
Reply With Quote #13

I believe it is because some netprops behaviors differ from L4D1 and L4D2.

You can check it by looking at the SetEntProp codes in Silvers [L4D & L4D2] Heartbeat

Last edited by Marttt; 07-04-2022 at 13:44.
Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 07-04-2022 , 14:17   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2] Health Preserve Fix & Give Start Health (optional)
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marttt View Post
I believe it is because some netprops behaviors differ from L4D1 and L4D2.

You can check it by looking at the SetEntProp codes in Silvers [L4D & L4D2] Heartbeat
Just tried running the HB plugin together with this one but the player still vocalizes death on round reset when they move to the next chapter while on last down.
Old 08-02-2022 , 03:03   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2] Health Preserve Fix & Give Start Health (optional)
Reply With Quote #15

I have this addon installed on my realism server because when they get to the last safe door there will always be someone committing suicide or trying to exploit the game bug that resurrects 100 health

The plugin's cvar is the default value. I just want to use it to fix the game bug of 100 health

But it doesn't work, the addon has been working fine when I tested it alone, but as soon as another player joins, the addon messes up the player's health on the next chapter's resurrection.
The health value of the alive player is 0, and the HUD on the right side of the game does not display, the character cannot crouch, and the character's gravity seems to have problems, but I think this may be related to 0 health.

Sometimes the dead player will have the surviving player's health, and the surviving player's health will be 0 or the health defined by cvar z_survivor_respawn_health
When this chapter fails, can't pass the map, and restarts, the plugin sometimes works fine, sometimes it's still wrong, just re-randomly assigns health, but doesn't appear to have 0 health.

Sorry for my bad English, these are all machine translated.

I tried some ways like
Adjust the player's automatic idle time: 30s -> 90s
Disable server-side preloading

But nothing happens and I don't get any errors when testing in single person (in server).
Finally I reinstalled my dedicated server and the plugin still doesn't work
There are no error log files in source/logs

Can you provide some troubleshooting, I can spend some time checking the server, provide any log info

After modifying the tick rate of the server, the problem is solved.
But a new problem appeared
Once the player is idle at the beginning of the turn (I don't know why before the plugin loads), or a new player joins and controls the bot, his health will be 0

Last edited by Iciaria; 08-03-2022 at 21:48. Reason: new question
Tonblader
Old 08-02-2022 , 16:55   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2] Health Preserve Fix & Give Start Health (optional)
Reply With Quote #16

Doesn't this plugin do the same? (specifically speaking only of the functions of health)
Save Weapon (Co-op) Improved Version

Last edited by Tonblader; 08-02-2022 at 17:00.