12% 

[L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]

Post New Thread Reply   

Bigbuck
Old 08-03-2009 , 16:07   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #401

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual77 View Post
Extra medkits works and that "free slot" problem has been solved. I don't see why you would work on another version?
The 40 pages here are not full of thank you's, they are full of bug complaints and features requests. Use whatever version you want, I am still going to help those that are having problems.
savagekid
Old 08-03-2009 , 16:08   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #402

Apparently Super Versus doesn't work for many many people. You might be a very luck exception? I'm sure a lot of server owners wants a new version where all bugs are taken out and is easily installable.

Use Coupon Code "GLOBAL50" To Get 50% Off Every Month.
Send a message via MSN to savagekid
Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 08-03-2009 , 16:15   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #403

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbuck View Post
The 40 pages here are not full of thank you's, they are full of bug complaints and features requests. Use whatever version you want, I am still going to help those that are having problems.
Maybe becuase people haven't realized that the update posted at page 25 fixed the 2 bugs we've been talking about for the last 15 pages?
It's been downloaded 190 times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagekid View Post
Apparently Super Versus doesn't work for many many people. You might be a very luck exception? I'm sure a lot of server owners wants a new version where all bugs are taken out and is easily installable.
Once again, the version posted at page 25 was forgotten when people posted almost 15 pages based on bugs from the version posted at the first page. I hardly think I'm one of the "lucky" ones, I think you guys haven't tried the version I'm refering to.
Bigbuck
Old 08-03-2009 , 16:17   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #404

I tried the version you are referring to and yes it fixed those two problems. Does this mean we should just quit? I really don't see what your problem is here. If you don't want to use it, don't. No one is forcing you to.
Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 08-03-2009 , 16:25   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #405

No, but I don't see any purpose accept getting credit for someone elses work. You woulden't do anything else then cleaning up the source, right?

But if you still wanna support something that clearly is working, fine.
I don't have any problems with that, just can't see why.
Bigbuck
Old 08-03-2009 , 16:27   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #406

People like you really make me wonder why I even bother helping. I will put it plain and simple so you can understand. I am going to help those that have problems. If you don't like that I really could care less. It is obviously not working fine if people keep posting about problems.
Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 08-03-2009 , 16:35   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbuck View Post
People like you really make me wonder why I even bother helping. I will put it plain and simple so you can understand. I am going to help those that have problems. If you don't like that I really could care less. It is obviously not working fine if people keep posting about problems.
And you're not thinking I'm trying to help then?
I will put it even simplier then. Grab this version http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=244
Delete your old .smx and cfg, upload the new .smx and wait till sourcemod has generated the new .cfg. Edit the cfg and all your problems should be solved.

I'm not gonna argue with you anymore. I suggest you take things over PM if you've still got something to say.
turktheturd
Old 08-03-2009 , 16:55   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #408

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagekid View Post
@Turktheturd

Yes, you can as long as you have Downtown1's Lobby Unreserve, Score/Team Manager and his Extension. If you have 2 slots the other 4 will be desinated as spectator slots. You just type !spectate to become a spectator.

Beware, if you join spectator, it is much harder to fill the slot that you left. As in one team will have a bot with them/one person down because normal quick join doesn't allow more people to join. Well sometimes it does.
Alright I tried this method and yes it works. But it took ages to populate the server and it didn't get full at all. People joined with their server browsers; no random pubbers

then population dropped to 4/12, still nobody joins.
I deleted lobby unreserve + superversus plugins then restarted the server and random people joined the server within seconds

these both plugins should be fixed or I'll give up.
and
yes I downloaded the one in 25th page.

@visual77

how do you populate your server? do random pubbers get in your server via matchmaking or serverbrowser?

@anybody

maybe visual77 fixed the mod and wants to keep his own server ranked #1 thus no1 else will be able to compete j/k

Last edited by turktheturd; 08-03-2009 at 17:22.
Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 08-03-2009 , 18:04   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #409

I woulden't recommend using the matchmaking if you want your server to be popular. Use a big steamgroup instead.

Put sv_allow_lobby_connect_only 0 and sv_steamgroup "number"
in your server.cfg. The steamgroup number can be found if you talk directly to one of the admins of the group you've chosen.
turktheturd
Old 08-03-2009 , 18:29   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #410

yes i have both in .cfg
I set to 0 for now. when the server ranks up a bit I will set lobby connect to 1. it's a 6 days old server. thats why matchmaking is kinda important for it to rank up. but so far so good it's in 86th percentile
east coast new jersey server