12% 

[L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1

Post New Thread Reply   

dismomen
Old 04-10-2010 , 01:52   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1
Reply With Quote #471

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95trane View Post
I discovered this by accident. I was able to find a way to get the baseball bat to work in both single and multiplayer games with no glitches or bugs what-so-ever. I'm not exactly sure what I did and how I got the bat to work, because I tried duplicating it, and no luck. BUT i can tell u what I did to get it working the 1st time(and maybe u can look into it ^.^" ). I noticed that once I got this mod:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1124023
and messed with it alittle, by disabling the features that I didnt want and adding the CVARs into my server.cfg , the baseball bat WORKED(and i was testing the mod out in a multiplayer game i made,thru garena). I will try duplicating it again so that u can have more information on it. I think that it might have been something I've done OR there was some type of error/ got lucky, I dont know.
which version of the plugin are u using???
95trane
Old 04-10-2010 , 13:09   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1
Reply With Quote #472

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismomen View Post
which version of the plugin are u using???
In both plugins, I'm using the latest versions (For this plugin: v0.8.1 and for the Country tag 1: v2.0.0 ).
95trane
Old 04-11-2010 , 13:50   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1
Reply With Quote #473

ok, i was never able to duplicate what I did, but I was able to find an alternative way to get the baseball bats to work in both single and multiplayer without any bugs or glitches. I got rid of the country tag plugin and tried getting another 1. I found this one and tried it out, but it turns out that this one also brings out the baseball bats in multiplayer(garena). What I did(exactly) was that I got this plugin: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=738756
I went on single player 1st(so that I dont have to restart my server when I load my server.cfg), Then I loaded my server.cfg, and lastly... I made a server. And I noticed how the baseball bat was there(fully functional) AND without any bugs or glitches. If u need anymore information, please ask me
dismomen
Old 04-12-2010 , 01:35   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1
Reply With Quote #474

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95trane View Post
ok, i was never able to duplicate what I did, but I was able to find an alternative way to get the baseball bats to work in both single and multiplayer without any bugs or glitches. I got rid of the country tag plugin and tried getting another 1. I found this one and tried it out, but it turns out that this one also brings out the baseball bats in multiplayer(garena). What I did(exactly) was that I got this plugin: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=738756
I went on single player 1st(so that I dont have to restart my server when I load my server.cfg), Then I loaded my server.cfg, and lastly... I made a server. And I noticed how the baseball bat was there(fully functional) AND without any bugs or glitches. If u need anymore information, please ask me
are u using a dedicated or listen server? it works for me on listen server but dedicated can't go on single player mode, so not working on dedicated
dismomen
Old 04-12-2010 , 01:46   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1
Reply With Quote #475

i just found out the method 95trane is using don't even need the both plugins. you just need to load a single player game and the baseball bats will show up. eventually hosting a versus listenserver will also have the bats.
95trane
Old 04-13-2010 , 21:31   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1
Reply With Quote #476

yea, i just figured this out a few days ago but i wasnt able to post up my findings here due to the fact that I was busy for the past few days. Nice job on your discovery man and btw... yes, i used a listen(aka public) server, I dont even know how to start up a dedicated server(where people can join publicly) LOL. Again, good job man
Acecombat2
Old 04-16-2010 , 05:43   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1
Reply With Quote #477

great discovery (LOLing right now) and so funny on how valve does that.
Old 04-17-2010 , 01:20   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1
Reply With Quote #478

By any chance, do any of u know how to create a dedicated server thats available to the public (kinda like Blu3star's or All Your Hope is Belonging To Us, etc.(thru garena))? I know how to make a dedicated server but u need my IP in order to join; i want it to be public. Preferably give me a link to the instructions or better yet, a video on it. I would like to apologize in advance to Crimson for posting this up on his thread and i would also thank anyone who can help me in advance.
crazydog
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-23-2010 , 17:20   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1
Reply With Quote #479

Quick suggestion: Can you add a cvar to disable scrambling of throwables?
McFlurry
Veteran Member
Old 04-24-2010 , 04:17   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1
Reply With Quote #480

I decided to update this plugin, so now it precaches the M60!
for now it only caches it, it wont put it into the random spawn cycle(working on it)
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d2_WeaponUnlockVa.sp - 670 views - 22.1 KB)

Last edited by McFlurry; 04-25-2010 at 20:58.
Send a message via Skype™ to McFlurry