Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Nanobot (Dodgeball Bot) (Player vs. Bot) (v2.0, 12-10-2017)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
Nanochip
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    I have decided it is finally time to release this to the public. This is my version of the custom plugins you see out there for Player vs Bot mode in dodgeball.
    Old 04-15-2015 , 00:02   [TF2] Nanobot (Dodgeball Bot) (Player vs. Bot) (v2.0, 12-10-2017)
    Reply With Quote #1

[TF2] Nanobot (Dodgeball Bot)

Description:
    Hey all, I have decided it is finally time to release this to the public.
    This is my version of the custom plugins you see out there for Player vs Bot mode in dodgeball.

What is Player vs. Bot?
    Literally as the name describes it. All players versus one bot that is close to unbeatable (unless specified otherwise via cvar). This mode is popular among dodgeball communities due to it being unique. Furthermore, this mode can be used as practice - to improve you and your players' skills.

Video Demonstration:

CVARS:
    Listed in your cfg/sourcemod/Nanobot.cfg
    • sm_nanobot_version - Plugin version, no touchy!
    • sm_nanobot_enable [1/0] - (Default: 1) Enable the plugin? 1 = Yes, 0 = No.
    • sm_nanobot_name "ThisBotRules" - (Default: "Nanobot") What should be the name of the bot?
    • sm_nanobot_push [0/1/2] - (Default: 1) Barrier for the bot. 0 = No barrier, 1 = The bot will airblast players away from it, 2 = Slap player away from the bot (deducting 20 health each slap).
    • sm_nanobot_model "models/bots/pyro/bot_pyro.mdl" - (Default: Pyro Robot from MvM) What should be the player model of Nanobot? Leave this blank if you would prefer the default player model.
    • sm_nanobot_vote_mode [0/1/2/3] - (Default: 3) Player vs Bot voting. 0 = No voting, 1 = Generic chat vote, 2 = Menu vote, 3 = Both (Generic chat first, then Menu vote).
    • sm_nanobot_vote_time [#] - (Default: 25.0) Time in seconds the vote menu should last.
    • sm_nanobot_vote_delay [#] - (Default: 60.0) Time in seconds before players can initiate another PvB vote.
    • sm_nanobot_vote_percentage [0.05-1.0] - (Default: 0.60) How many players are required for the vote to pass? 0.60 = 60%.
    • sm_nanobot_victory_speed [#] - (Default: 450) When the rocket reaches greater than or equal to this speed, in MPH, Nanobot will not deflect the rocket and the other team wins. Put this value to 0 if you do not want Nanobot to lose (unbeatable...ish).
    • sm_nanobot_victory_deflects [#] - (Default: 60) When the total number of deflects reaches greater than or equal to this number, Nanobot will not deflect the rocket and the other team wins. Put this value to 0 if you do not want Nanobot to lose (unbeatable...ish).
    • sm_nanobot_minplayers [#] - (Default: 1) When there are a minimum of X amount of players or less, enable Nanobot. 0 = No enable, 1 = Enables at 1 player... 10 = Enables at 10 players, etc.
    • sm_nanobot_maxplayers [#] - (Default: 2) When there are a maximum of X amount of players or more, disable Nanobot. 0 = No disable, 2 = Disables at 2 players... 10 = Disables at >= 10 players, etc.
    • sm_nanobot_size [#.#] - (Default: 1.0) Change the scale of the bot's model. 1.0 = no scale, 2.0 = 2 times the normal size.
    • sm_nanobot_size_head [#.#] - (Default: 1.0) Change the scale of the bot's head. 1.0 = no scale, 2.0 = 2 times the normal size.
    • sm_nanobot_size_hand [#.#] - (Default: 1.0) Change the scale of the bot's head. 1.0 = no scale, 2.0 = 2 times the normal size.
    • sm_nanobot_size_torso [#.#] - (Default: 1.0) Change the scale of the bot's head. 1.0 = no scale, 2.0 = 2 times the normal size.
    • sm_nanobot_speech [1/0] - (Default: 1) Should Nanobot antagonize the players when they die? 1 = Yes, 0 = No.
    • sm_nanobot_godmode [1/0] - (Default: 0) Should Nanobot have godmode? Note that godmode will be revoked when victory speed/deflects is reached causing Nanobot to die. 0 = No, 1 = Yes.

Commands:
    • sm_nanobot or sm_pvb - (Default Access: ADMFLAG_RCON) Force enable/disable Player vs Bot mode.
    • sm_autoreflect <name> - (Default Access: ADMFLAG_CHEATS) Enable/disable auto reflect on a player. If you don't include a player name in the command, then it will enable/disable it on yourself.
    • sm_votepvb or chat say votepvb - (Default Access: Everyone) Vote to enable/disable Player vs Bot mode.

Want to solo the bot?
    Check out my Arena Solo Mode plugin.

Installation:
    1. A brain installed to your PCI-Express-brain slot in your head(Between your ears), make sure it's updated to the latest driver and has the "know how to manage a server" module installed.
    2. Install Sourcemod.
    3. Download the plugin at the bottom of the post.
    4. Extract the zip to your addons/sourcemod/ folder.
    5. Restart the server or type "sm plugins load nanobot" in your server console.

To-Do List:
    I am always welcome to suggestions!
    • none

Changelog:
    Spoiler

Want to support me?
    • Leave some feedback of this plugin and/or a suggestion.
    • Give me a hug.

Credits:

➤Download
    ➤Source
    ➤GitLab

Last edited by Nanochip; 04-14-2023 at 22:59.
    Nanochip
    Old 04-15-2015 , 00:05   Re: [TF2] Nanobot (Dodgeball Bot) (v1.0, 4-14-2015)
    Reply With Quote #2

Reserved for stuffs.
    Old 04-15-2015 , 00:07   Re: [TF2] Nanobot (Dodgeball Bot) (v1.0, 4-14-2015)
    Reply With Quote #3

Thank you NanoChip!, Been waiting for this

EDIT: Just tested, Works great. I love how you can change the name in the config and in a cvar!

Another EDIT: Just made a video of this plugin using it's built-in autoreflect vs the bot on my friends edited version of Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin. The video is here

*Its Snake 2.0*

Last edited by cigzag; 04-15-2015 at 17:04.
    XaxaXoxo
    Old 04-16-2015 , 16:10   Re: [TF2] Nanobot (Dodgeball Bot) (v1.0, 4-14-2015)
    Reply With Quote #4

Hi, I have a strange mistake. On the server plays 8 people, but after entering the votepvb command, we get the "Sorry, you must wait for more players to join in order to start a vote." message. That can it be?
    Or is this normal? Errors in the log files there are not
    cigzag
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 04-16-2015 , 17:41   Re: [TF2] Nanobot (Dodgeball Bot) (v1.0, 4-14-2015)
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by XaxaXoxo View Post
    Hi, I have a strange mistake. On the server plays 8 people, but after entering the votepvb command, we get the "Sorry, you must wait for more players to join in order to start a vote." message. That can it be?
    In cfg/sourcemod/nanobot.cfg theres this:

// How many players are required for the vote to pass? 0.60 = 60%.
    // -
    // Default: "0.60"
    // Minimum: "0.050000"
    // Maximum: "1.000000"
    sm_nanobot_vote_percentage "0.60"

I'm guessing its this?, Otherwise you'd need to ask Nanochip about it
    XaxaXoxo
    Old 04-16-2015 , 18:04   Re: [TF2] Nanobot (Dodgeball Bot) (v1.0, 4-14-2015)
    Reply With Quote #6

PHP Code:
    sm_nanobot_airblastnear "1"
    sm_nanobot_enable "1"
    sm_nanobot_model "models/bots/pyro/bot_pyro.mdl"
    sm_nanobot_name "Bot"
    sm_nanobot_oneplayer "1"
    sm_nanobot_vote_delay "120.0"
    sm_nanobot_vote_mode "2"
    sm_nanobot_vote_percentage "0.60"
    sm_nanobot_vote_time "30.0" 
    Yes, you guessed it. So is this a mistake or the way it should be?
    Nanochip
    Old 04-16-2015 , 18:20   Re: [TF2] Nanobot (Dodgeball Bot) (v1.0, 4-14-2015)
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by XaxaXoxo View Post
    I uploaded a fixed version of the plugin on the first post. Re-download the plugin and restart your server/map.
    Old 04-17-2015 , 06:22   Re: [TF2] Nanobot (Dodgeball Bot) (v1.0, 4-14-2015)
    Reply With Quote #8

Thanks for the fix. But I have one request is to add a cvar that was responsible for kick bot, if 2 or more players on the server. So as of now at the entrance of a new player on the server the bot is removed from the server.
    Nanochip
    Old 04-17-2015 , 08:51   Re: [TF2] Nanobot (Dodgeball Bot) (v1.0, 4-14-2015)
    Reply With Quote #9

Having a hard time understanding what you mean, but I think I got the gist of it:
    You want me to add a cvar for enabling/disabling the feature where a second player joins and the bot gets disabled?
    Old 04-17-2015 , 09:25   Re: [TF2] Nanobot (Dodgeball Bot) (v1.0, 4-14-2015)
    Reply With Quote #10

Sorry for my eng. But you understood me correctly, second or more players joins to server