Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

HLDS doesn't start on Windows 10

Post New Thread Reply   

WhiteFang1319
Old 06-01-2018 , 05:28   HLDS doesn't start on Windows 10
Reply With Quote #1

Hi
As the post says I'm not able to run HLDS on Win 10. Actually this happened a few months ago when I used to make a server on LAN to test plugins and then the server didn't start, if it did start I wasn't able to connect to it even if it's started either LAN or Internet with port open ( 27015 ). I've checked Windows Firewall and My Antivirus firewall and there doesn't seem to be any problem.

I've tried with 3 different versions of HLDS:
1) The one I was using before for testing (6153)
2) A backup one which I had before (6153)
3) Clean download from steamcmd by adding manifest files in the steamapps folder ( download was about 740 MB) by spamming app_update 90 validate command about 20 times.

I thought to get to know about the error and used -console in parameter with some basic ones and got this:
PHP Code:
FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Unable to Initialize steam

Last edited by WhiteFang1319; 06-01-2018 at 09:08.
Crazygamer34894
Old 06-01-2018 , 10:16   Re: HLDS doesn't start on Windows 10
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFang1319 View Post
Hi
As the post says I'm not able to run HLDS on Win 10. Actually this happened a few months ago when I used to make a server on LAN to test plugins and then the server didn't start, if it did start I wasn't able to connect to it even if it's started either LAN or Internet with port open ( 27015 ). I've checked Windows Firewall and My Antivirus firewall and there doesn't seem to be any problem.

I've tried with 3 different versions of HLDS:
1) The one I was using before for testing (6153)
2) A backup one which I had before (6153)
3) Clean download from steamcmd by adding manifest files in the steamapps folder ( download was about 740 MB) by spamming app_update 90 validate command about 20 times.

I thought to get to know about the error and used -console in parameter with some basic ones and got this:
PHP Code:
FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Unable to Initialize steam
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b-o...ew?usp=sharing
https://cs-bg.info/cfg-maker.php
Old 06-01-2018 , 12:37   Re: HLDS doesn't start on Windows 10
Reply With Quote #3

I do not need a link for HLDS. As I've already said it used to run before and I've tried 3 methods. Downloading another HLDS will not work. Also the second link you've provided says I'm IP banned and I don't know why.
I pretty much know how to setup a server on Linux and have done too on Windows but can't figure out what's the problem in this one
Crazygamer34894
Old 06-02-2018 , 12:34   Re: HLDS doesn't start on Windows 10
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFang1319 View Post
I do not need a link for HLDS. As I've already said it used to run before and I've tried 3 methods. Downloading another HLDS will not work. Also the second link you've provided says I'm IP banned and I don't know why.
I pretty much know how to setup a server on Linux and have done too on Windows but can't figure out what's the problem in this one
ok tell me the Exact parameters you using for HLDS and is it a CS only Folder with Valve or with Czero as well i can help you. instead of wasting team replying back and forth PM Me TeamViewer ID and pass of the windows pc