Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

How to remove blue part and make transparent the ladder?

Post New Thread Reply   

Old 10-11-2019 , 05:53   How to remove blue part and make transparent the ladder?
Reply With Quote #1

Hi All,

I am trying to convert decal files (pldecal.wad and tempdecal.wad) to image but no luck i couldn't find a proper tool for this job. All of them are image to decal. I was looking for red steel ladder image on the internet and found this website and tried on a server. That spray is what's i am looking for but i couldn't convert that tempdecal.wad to image.

My goal is find that ladder image and put this ladder with In-Game Ads plugin to some places on some maps for fun.

Or second way is there any possibility to change .wad to .spr?

EDIT: I found Wally but it is not converting (blue) as like i want (like in game).
EDIT2: I found how can i convert .wad to image but Wally is converting with blue. How can i delete that blue section? I uploaded that picture. I am trying to make transparent this ladder.
EDIT3: I found a temp fix for now. I painted that blue parts with sand color.

Any help would be pleased.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp logo.bmp (9.1 KB, 77 views)

Last edited by 127.0.0.1; 10-11-2019 at 08:11. Reason: partly solved
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 10-11-2019 , 22:49   Re: How to remove blue part and make transparent the ladder?
Reply With Quote #2

You have to convert it to an image format that support transparency and doesn't distort the colors. Then, you simply replace blue (0, 0, 255) with transparency.

I'm not sure if Wally supports converting to a format with transparency so you might use Wally to convert it to PNG and then use another application like GIMP to convert it to support transparency.

If you're trying to use this image in the game again, it needs to keep the blue (and the index color format) so that it will be transparent in-game.

Editing a .wad of .spr file is something that you should do (if you want things to work correctly and not screw things up). If you need to change an image, you should create a new .wad or .spr and then use that new one instead of the original.

Note that it's been a while since I worked on these things so I might not describe things in the best way.

Last edited by fysiks; 10-11-2019 at 22:54.
Old 10-16-2019 , 03:14   Re: How to remove blue part and make transparent the ladder?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
You have to convert it to an image format that support transparency and doesn't distort the colors. Then, you simply replace blue (0, 0, 255) with transparency.

I'm not sure if Wally supports converting to a format with transparency so you might use Wally to convert it to PNG and then use another application like GIMP to convert it to support transparency.

If you're trying to use this image in the game again, it needs to keep the blue (and the index color format) so that it will be transparent in-game.

Editing a .wad of .spr file is something that you should do (if you want things to work correctly and not screw things up). If you need to change an image, you should create a new .wad or .spr and then use that new one instead of the original.

Note that it's been a while since I worked on these things so I might not describe things in the best way.
Appreciate for your effort fysiks. I'll try and write the results to here. Yes i am trying to this image in game like a sprite.

And by the way i couldn't find original ladder image for converting to sprite. So i tried to convert .wad to image.

EDIT: I used Wally for exporting image file inside .wad and worked but i am seeing blue parts again. Then i used Sprite Explorer for making new sprite and selected Alphatest (invisible) for transparency and ORIENTED but again i am seeing blue parts on Explorer and in game. I am confused.

Last edited by 127.0.0.1; 10-16-2019 at 03:19.