8% 

[TF2] Force Holidays - 1.10.2, Updated 2015-10-07

Post New Thread Reply   

ThePianoNailer
Old 05-06-2021 , 11:18   Re: [TF2] Force Holidays - 1.10.2, Updated 2015-10-07
Reply With Quote #471

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanonline View Post
I appreciate the fix - I just started running a server and the players have heavily requested the enabling of Halloween items, but we all find the healthkits a little tacky in the middle of May.

However, when running this new version, if I have tfh_normalhealth set to 1, while it does work at changing the healthkits... the server hangs when the map changes and restarts itself automatically. I'm not sure why and confessedly I don't know much about Sourcemod and can't offer any suggestions - but I'd be really gracious for a fix to this. As it is I am very grateful to see an update to the exact plugin functionality I needed only a week ago!
Yes, thank you for the feedback! I just came across this issue since i am using that very script for my own purposes.
What it does is crashing the client on map change. I am currently looking what can be done to fix this.
ThePianoNailer
Old 05-06-2021 , 12:13   Re: [TF2] Force Holidays - 1.10.2, Updated 2015-10-07
Reply With Quote #472

LOL, it took several minutes to figure this out, however that was a newity for me. I created the IsMapLoaded boolean and binded it to the script.
From what i understand, SDKHooks REALLY hates to work anywhere beside the immediate ingame routine. It's amazing though how the small cosmetic script brutally kills the whole application when used inappropriately. It's live and learn i guess
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (tfforceholidays.sp - 133 views - 9.3 KB)
File Type: smx tfforceholidays.smx (5.6 KB, 76 views)
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 05-06-2021 , 18:16   Re: [TF2] Force Holidays - 1.10.2, Updated 2015-10-07
Reply With Quote #473

Under what scenario is this plugin required? The author stated in the original post to use the tf_forced_holiday cvar instead.

To allow Halloween cosmetics year round I use this in my server.cfg: tf_forced_holiday 8
ThePianoNailer
Old 05-07-2021 , 12:16   Re: [TF2] Force Holidays - 1.10.2, Updated 2015-10-07
Reply With Quote #474

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post
Under what scenario is this plugin required? The author stated in the original post to use the tf_forced_holiday cvar instead.

To allow Halloween cosmetics year round I use this in my server.cfg: tf_forced_holiday 8
Ofc the best way is using tf_forced cvar. Powerlord apparently intended this plugin for having multiple active events at once. I myself searched for that script swapping candy medkits with original.

P.S. Thank you for the WearIt plugin!
evanonline
Old 05-14-2021 , 22:14   Re: [TF2] Force Holidays - 1.10.2, Updated 2015-10-07
Reply With Quote #475

For me, I wanted to enable the Halloween cosmetics for my server but I didn't want the healthkits, thriller taunt, or the wooshing noises year-round. I've tried tf_forced_holiday 6 for a Full Moon, as listed by the Wiki, but it doesn't seem to work for any holidays but Halloween and Birthday for me. (I've never tried 8 because the Wiki doesn't list that, I'll look at that. I glossed over the stuff mentioned in the original post - oops.)

My reasons aside - thanks for the fix! I truly appreciate it.

Last edited by evanonline; 05-14-2021 at 22:15.
ThePianoNailer
Old 05-18-2021 , 15:28   Re: [TF2] Force Holidays - 1.10.2, Updated 2015-10-07
Reply With Quote #476

tf_forced_holiday 8 is exactly what you have to use, since 8 IS the Full Moon
And I don't recommend setting Halloween, because Thriller taunt =P

Last edited by ThePianoNailer; 05-18-2021 at 15:30.