Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] Bling (v1.8 dated 12Dec2022)

Post New Thread Reply   

PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 12-26-2020 , 13:50   Re: [TF2] Bling (v1.3 dated 26Dec2020)
Reply With Quote #11

Plugin updated to version 1.3 which removed gamedata dependency.
That Annoying Guide
Old 12-27-2020 , 11:59   Re: [TF2] Bling (v1.3 dated 26Dec2020)
Reply With Quote #12

Howdy again, I did the same thing that I did to the Give Bots More Weapons plugin on bling too. I also added weapons that the bots normally can't use. Enjoy "I balanced the chances of each weapon and have reskins rolled afterwards."
Edit 1: removed sapper rando as it doesn't work for players.
Edit 2: Fixed disguise case and engineer pda not being given.
Edit 3: Fixed engineer on bling mode not being able to build things.
Edit 4: Updated to 1.4 readded sapper rando haven't tested it yet though.
Edit 5 : Fixed sapper rando
Edit 6: Quicky fix for pyro
Edit 7: Spy fix
Edit 8: Updated to the new base from givebotmoreweapons Oh and Thanks PC Gamer for adding my base to the plugin.
Edit 8: Readded the weapons that normally don't work with the bots because I forgot them well porting.
Attached Files
File Type: smx bling.smx (39.8 KB, 28 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (bling.sp - 27 views - 185.6 KB)

Last edited by That Annoying Guide; 01-02-2021 at 19:51.
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 12-31-2020 , 21:39   Re: [TF2] Bling (v1.4 dated 31Dec2020)
Reply With Quote #13

Plugin updated to version 1.4. Engineers can now build. Spies can now disguise. Sappers now work for Spies.
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 01-02-2021 , 23:26   Re: [TF2] Bling (v1.5 dated 02Jan2021)
Reply With Quote #14

Plugin updated to version 1.5. Added edits by That Annoying Guide. Added Pipboy interface chance for Engineer.
That Annoying Guide
Old 01-03-2021 , 12:38   Re: [TF2] Bling (v1.5 dated 02Jan2021)
Reply With Quote #15

Appreciate you adding my tweaks here too, but I noticed you left out the weapons that the bots are broken with, but with players they're fine. I put those tweaks in the version I uploaded here. Those weapons being the parachute, the jumper weapons, the cannon, the sandwich items for heavy, and the jetpack for pyro.
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 01-03-2021 , 15:52   Re: [TF2] Bling (v1.5 dated 02Jan2021)
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Annoying Guide View Post
Appreciate you adding my tweaks here too, but I noticed you left out the weapons that the bots are broken with, but with players they're fine. I put those tweaks in the version I uploaded here. Those weapons being the parachute, the jumper weapons, the cannon, the sandwich items for heavy, and the jetpack for pyro.
Updated those in original post today. New version is 1.6. Thanks for the input!
That Annoying Guide
Old 01-03-2021 , 22:29   Re: [TF2] Bling (v1.6 dated 03Jan2021)
Reply With Quote #17

Thank you! Now I won't have to copy-paste my stuff each time you update. If you ever have any more plans that is.
h4rry
Old 01-04-2021 , 10:57   Re: [TF2] Bling (v1.6 dated 03Jan2021)
Reply With Quote #18

Is there a way to only give specific bots with specific names, their own cosmetics,weapons,unusuals,australiums,etc
i see you have made them random but i want them to have it permanently until map change,
ive seen a plugin that does give bots with their own specific names get hats and weapons only if the name is present like if the bot is named Bob, the only way to see the hats is by naming a bot Bob by using the sm_rename command (since bots prob dont have the name bob) anyways back to the topic, so im able to give them hats and weapons but i cant seem to know how to give them unusuals,paints or australiums,
im no expert at coding, so im asking for help.
or maybe you can use ur other plugin called "Wearit", make them wear unusual hats or somethin,
i dont want to give you too much work if u ever want help, so just unusual hats might be easier, again i dont have any experience at coding much, so i dont know.
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 01-04-2021 , 13:23   Re: [TF2] Bling (v1.6 dated 03Jan2021)
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4rry View Post
Is there a way to only give specific bots with specific names, their own cosmetics,weapons,unusuals,australiums,etc. i see you have made them random but i want them to have it permanently until map change
Yes, it's possible to do. For example, on my my server if a Bot with the name 'Hulk' spawns he is forced to become a Heavy, become green, become larger in size, have increased health, speed, and damage. If a Not is named 'Stan Lee', 'Bruce Lee', 'Jackie Chan', or 'Chuck Norris' they will have increased abilities. I used to have all Bots become Zombies on every Halloween map but that was sort of buggy.

You should consider EXACTLY what what you want your plugin to do and post your request in the 'Plugin/Gameplay Ideas and Requests' section.

A few things to consider in your request:
How does a Bot on your server get it's name? How will the Bot ever become 'Bob'? What outfit should Bob wear? Does Bob have a chance of wearing something else? What unusual effect, if any, does Bob's hat have? What weapons should Bob have? Which ones should be unusual? Which type of unusual? Do ALL bots get individual random outfits and weapons at the same time that Bob has a specific outfit and weapons? Do you have to target Bob for him to get the specific outfit/weapon, or does it happen on the server without you doing anything? Will you be running any other plugin at the same time as this new plugin such as 'Give Bots (more) Weapons' or 'Give Bots (more) Cosmetics'?

I hope this helps...
That Annoying Guide
Old 01-05-2021 , 20:13   Re: [TF2] Bling (v1.6 dated 03Jan2021)
Reply With Quote #20

I noticed on both of the plugins you changed heavys specials weapons like frying pan back to fist instead of fireaxe. This breaks the model and makes it look really strange. All of heavies stock reskins that aren't his stock or APCO fists should be fireaxe. as it makes it look like your punching with it when you should be swinging. when it's under fireaxe you actually swing with it.