Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

RandomCycle+ (2.0.6)

Post New Thread Reply   

Jamster
Veteran Member
Old 03-23-2009 , 11:28   Re: RandomCycle+ - Tiered random maplists based on server population (Updated: 21/03/
Reply With Quote #11

Glad to hear it's going good!
Jamster
Veteran Member
Old 03-25-2009 , 14:09   Re: RandomCycle+ - Tiered random maplists based on server population (Updated: 21/03/
Reply With Quote #12

1.0.3 posted.

Again, small changes, if you're running fine with previous versions there is no need to update. New version is a bit more optimised and has a spelling fix, that's all I can see for now that needed changing.
tigerox
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-27-2009 , 12:06   Re: RandomCycle+ - Tiered random maplists based on server population (Updated: 25/03/
Reply With Quote #13

What happens if all the maps in the current tier have been excluded?
Jamster
Veteran Member
Old 03-27-2009 , 12:35   Re: RandomCycle+ - Tiered random maplists based on server population (Updated: 25/03/
Reply With Quote #14

That's what the exclude cvars are for, set the exclude cvars to ONE less or more the amount of maps in the specific tier and you're safe. There's actually a built in check for this on plugin startup and the plugin will stop if this happens (since it can crash if it goes ahead).

For example I have:
High: 15 maps
Med: 7 maps
Low: 5 maps

And I set the cvar's to:
High: 8
Med: 4
Low: 3

Note that the exclude cvars are for the WHOLE maphistory of the server (see with sm_maphistory, native sm command). It's just adjusting how far it's looking back for "safety". For example if I DID make it a global value for exclude then yes, that would be bad because you would encounter the problem you are worrying about.
tigerox
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-27-2009 , 18:10   Re: RandomCycle+ - Tiered random maplists based on server population (Updated: 25/03/
Reply With Quote #15

Yes. Having a global exclusion would cause issues.

You have done it right!

Great job on this. Works solid.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 03-28-2009 , 04:23   Re: RandomCycle+ - Tiered random maplists based on server population (Updated: 25/03/
Reply With Quote #16

It seems as though right when the server starts a map, it shows the next map as a map in my old mapcycle, not the plugins file.

Jamster
Veteran Member
Old 03-28-2009 , 12:57   Re: RandomCycle+ - Tiered random maplists based on server population (Updated: 25/03/
Reply With Quote #17

It does, though it should also display a warning for it to please wait for players. I can create an option for it to INSTANTLY check on map start if you want?

I had the little delay based on the check timer there so people could see what the next map is during setup and such when it inevitably changes. It's also there for whatever the reason the plugin disables and continues using the "normal" mapcycle. Like I said above though I can make the delay unnoticeable if you wish.

Last edited by Jamster; 03-28-2009 at 13:01.
Jamster
Veteran Member
Old 03-28-2009 , 13:34   Re: RandomCycle+ - Tiered random maplists based on server population (Updated: 28/03/
Reply With Quote #18

OK, new version posted, added a cvar to instantly change the nextmap on mapstart!
Set sm_rcplus_checkmapstart to 1 in the config for this to activate.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 03-28-2009 , 15:12   Re: RandomCycle+ - Tiered random maplists based on server population (Updated: 28/03/
Reply With Quote #19

Cool thanks, its just that my motd likes displaying what it querys and I guess it sees whats not actually next.

http://topnotchclan.com/server/motd/...3.33.147:27015

Jamster
Veteran Member
Old 03-28-2009 , 16:19   Re: RandomCycle+ - Tiered random maplists based on server population (Updated: 28/03/
Reply With Quote #20

No problem, as long as it works fine for you now. :]

If it's still a problem I am sure I can find a way to help.