Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

speed for running with awp FIXED 3.7

Post New Thread Reply   

Vukha
Old 08-13-2007 , 23:25   speed for running with awp FIXED 3.7
Reply With Quote #1

I installed the amx_super 3.6, and for some reason I think the maxspeed is off. Does it have anything to do with amx_speed? Because I can run with an awp just as fast as with a knife. I don't think it's suppose to be like that. I checked the sma and saw this:
//Speed Fix
server_cmd("sv_maxspeed 9999999");

Doesn't seem like I can change it back to normal with the amx_super plugin running. Any advice?

Last edited by bmann_420; 08-29-2007 at 20:51.
_Master_
Old 08-14-2007 , 02:27   Re: Sv_maxspeed 999999?
Reply With Quote #2

sv_maxspeed controls the max allowed speed for clients. However if the client is not set a speed value it won't affect game-play. If the client is set a speed (regardless of the value) it would affect the "global" speed of that player, meaning he/she would have the same speed no matter the weapon he/she holds.
That speed fix is there so that amx_speed would work for higher values when setting a client speed.

If you want to by-pass that then you sould either NOT use amx_speed or recode that process.
bmann_420
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 08-14-2007 , 20:32   Re: Sv_maxspeed 999999?
Reply With Quote #3

Alright, well your doing something different, cause it doesnt seem to bother anybody, or at least stay at that speed, it doesnt go to that(not 9999, thats just the max) speed till you enable amx_speed, when you turn it off or wait for the next round, its turns off. So something is going on if your clients are running around with speed on and you not enableing it.

Like Master said above, if your having an issue, its conflicting with something or wiggin out for some reason, it was tested extensively and worked fine. So you either take the code out, or figure out why or disable it.
Old 08-15-2007 , 11:47   Re: Sv_maxspeed 999999?
Reply With Quote #4

It's not that everyone is running at the fast speed that you think. Amx_speed works when I turn it on and it works when I turn it off. It's just that when you have an awp, you're suppose to run slower than with a knife. In my case, it doesn't. All weapons are at the same speed. My sv_maxspeed is set to 320 in my server.cfg. When I take out the plugin, it's fine. I tried several times reinstalling the super 3.6 plugin, and still same results. I'm not doing anything different or coding anything in the sma. I really don't know what else to say.. Am I the only one with this problem? Maybe people haven't noticed this problem, because it is so overlooked.
_Master_
Old 08-15-2007 , 12:50   Re: Sv_maxspeed 999999?
Reply With Quote #5

Let's try this another way:
It's nothing wrong with it! It was meant to act like this. That's the purpose of amx_speed (higher speed no matter the weapon type).
bmann_420
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 08-15-2007 , 15:34   Re: Sv_maxspeed 999999?
Reply With Quote #6

And, so, your running with an awp like you would with a scout 100% of the time on your server?
Old 08-15-2007 , 22:04   Re: Sv_maxspeed 999999?
Reply With Quote #7

Yes I'm running around with all the guns same speed as knife..... 1 set speed....I'm not saying it's fast like when amx_speed is on. All guns run at the same speed. And this happens when I install the amx_super 3.6. When I take it out, speeds are normal.... (run faster with knife than with awp).. That's what I'm trying to explain.
Vukha
Old 08-15-2007 , 22:06   Re: Sv_maxspeed 999999?
Reply With Quote #8

(Master) No sh*t, I know what amx_speed does.
bmann_420
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 08-15-2007 , 23:10   Re: Sv_maxspeed 999999?
Reply With Quote #9

lol, okay. Now that its narrowed down, where is the amx_super on your list of 3rd party plugins? (top, bottom, middle) Also, w hat other plugins do u have running?
Old 08-16-2007 , 09:40   Re: Sv_maxspeed 999999?
Reply With Quote #10

When I add a new plugin, I usually put it at the bottom (above the admin slash plugin though). I really don't have that many plugins, admin esp spec, flashbang dlight, instamoney, hpk. I can't remember the rest right now, (at work). But I can give you the rest of my plugins later. I really love this plugin, but because of this, I uninstalled it. Please help me out.