Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)

Post New Thread Reply   

sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 12-29-2015 , 04:41   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18b, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1141

Ok, big problem I noticed tonight. If players finish a map before all ranks are loaded in, it replaces the replay bot and the person who got the record gets a ridiculous amount of points. After the real ranks are loaded in, they refresh their profile and are suddenly missing tons of points, no matter what they do.

Tonight I had a player who originally had ~75,000 points beat a map using the method above, suddenly spike up to 191,000 points. He refreshed, now sits at 60,000, lost over 15,000 points. Even if he refreshes he never gets this back. I've also recalculated the database, with no luck. Another one of my users had the same issue a couple days ago. Any way this can be looked into? Permanently lost points, in great amounts such as this are pretty bad

Last edited by sneaK; 12-29-2015 at 04:45.
jonitaikaponi
Old 12-29-2015 , 06:55   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18b, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1142

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk74 View Post
Ok, big problem I noticed tonight. If players finish a map before all ranks are loaded in, it replaces the replay bot and the person who got the record gets a ridiculous amount of points. After the real ranks are loaded in, they refresh their profile and are suddenly missing tons of points, no matter what they do.

Tonight I had a player who originally had ~75,000 points beat a map using the method above, suddenly spike up to 191,000 points. He refreshed, now sits at 60,000, lost over 15,000 points. Even if he refreshes he never gets this back. I've also recalculated the database, with no luck. Another one of my users had the same issue a couple days ago. Any way this can be looked into? Permanently lost points, in great amounts such as this are pretty bad
If you updated recently, it is likely that they had gained more points from the old version that had a bug in bonus points. I thought you would only gain less points with the bug, but I didn't extensively test this, as I just noticed it happening on my test server and fixed it right away.
Quote:
"Fixed an issue where players would gain less points from finishing multiple bonuses in a single map."
If you want to test this, just roll back to an earlier version and recalculate the players points.

I disabled the timer if the server or the user hasn't loaded it's settings fully yet, hopefully this fixes the other issue.

Also fixed unfinished maps in the !profile menu

Last edited by jonitaikaponi; 12-29-2015 at 07:08.
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 12-29-2015 , 09:48   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18b, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1143

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonitaikaponi View Post
If you updated recently, it is likely that they had gained more points from the old version that had a bug in bonus points. I thought you would only gain less points with the bug, but I didn't extensively test this, as I just noticed it happening on my test server and fixed it right away.

If you want to test this, just roll back to an earlier version and recalculate the players points.

I disabled the timer if the server or the user hasn't loaded it's settings fully yet, hopefully this fixes the other issue.

Also fixed unfinished maps in the !profile menu
The first player to experience this problem was a few days ago prior to update, and the other player was last night right after the bonus points fix update. Really not sure what to do to give back the missing points, they were both within the top 10 on my server, now booted back 7-8 ranks or so.
Old 12-29-2015 , 15:00   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18b, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1144

Quote:
The first player to experience this problem was a few days ago prior to update, and the other player was last night right after the bonus points fix update. Really not sure what to do to give back the missing points, they were both within the top 10 on my server, now booted back 7-8 ranks or so.
If you have a backup, try that you only restore his account (if that works without bugs then?)
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 12-29-2015 , 15:05   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18b, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1145

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdarx8 View Post
If you have a backup, try that you only restore his account (if that works without bugs then?)
Can only do a full DB restore which would not work for me, since one player got points taken away a week ago, and older backup I have is simply too old. :/

I realized their multipliers somehow got reset. I messaged Joni, he suggested to change the multiplier manually, so I will be doing that later when those players are online and adjust it to as close as possible to where they were before their points got taken away.

The latest version of the timer should solve this problem. The issue is that the player was able to complete a map before the ranks completely loaded in, which resulted in the system thinking they were a new player, and overwriting their multiplier with one of a new player (300 > 1).

Last edited by sneaK; 12-29-2015 at 15:10.
Jackol1234
Old 12-29-2015 , 21:04   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18b, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1146

With the new version (commit 125), trails are not showing up.
peri0dic
Old 12-29-2015 , 21:31   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18b, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1147

Every time I restart my server or it goes into hibernating I have to re-input the !insertmapzones and !insertmaptiers commands... I tried to upload the sql files to my database but I either installed them wrong or idk... (Im very new to MySQL) I know their is the commands sm_insertamapzones
and sm_insertmaptiers but they bring up the menu that ask for you to press yes is their anyway to do this in the console so that I can just have it as a startup command? Thanks
Jakeey802
Old 12-30-2015 , 00:10   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18b, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1148

Quote:
Originally Posted by peri0dic View Post
Every time I restart my server or it goes into hibernating I have to re-input the !insertmapzones and !insertmaptiers commands... I tried to upload the sql files to my database but I either installed them wrong or idk... (Im very new to MySQL) I know their is the commands sm_insertamapzones
and sm_insertmaptiers but they bring up the menu that ask for you to press yes is their anyway to do this in the console so that I can just have it as a startup command? Thanks

You should look into fixing the zones getting deleted rather than re inserting them every time
katy
Old 12-30-2015 , 04:25   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18b, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1149

Quote:
I forgot to mention, those map "errors" pop up on lots of maps and aren't usually important, so do not worry about them.

It sounds like you are using !insertmapzones which successfully places the zones in your database. It takes time, so please wait before changing maps/restarting server. Ensure that your database (whether it be sqlite or mysql) isn't getting deleted/wiped for some reason, also ensure that your databases.cfg file is setup correctly.
how long does it take after using !insertmapzones.
I waited 20 minutes.
It did not change.

This is my database.cfg.
Code:
"Databases"
{
	"driver_default"		"mysql"

// When specifying "host", you may use an IP address, a hostname, or a socket file path

"default"
	{
		"driver"			"default"
		"host"				"localhost"
		"database"			"sourcemod"
		"user"				"root"
		"pass"				""
		//"timeout"			"0"
		//"port"			"0"
	}

"storage-local"
	{
		"driver"			"sqlite"
		"database"			"sourcemod-local"
	}

"clientprefs"
	{
		"driver"			"sqlite"
		"host"				"localhost"
		"database"			"clientprefs-sqlite"
		"user"				"root"
		"pass"				""
		//"timeout"			"0"
		//"port"			"0"
	}

"cksurf"
	{
		"driver"			"sqlite"
		"host"				"localhost"
		"database"			"cksurf-sqlite"
		"user"				"root"
		"pass"				""
	}
}
VsX
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-30-2015 , 05:45   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18b, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1150

Maybe stupid question, can I use this plugin for my bhop server or there's better, dedicated plugin?

Last edited by VsX; 12-30-2015 at 05:45.