Modern warfare 2 Mod v1.3.6b

Post New Thread Reply   

lazarev
Veteran Member
Old 09-12-2011 , 00:49   Re: Modern warfare 2 Mod v1.2.0b
Reply With Quote #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Moder View Post
I'm closing/removing this, there is some error that crashes the server and I can't find it because it just suddenly closes the server window, and I can't see the error.
I do want to continue, but I'm just stuck.

*** remove this plugin ***
you're such a pussy
vaan123
Veteran Member
Old 09-12-2011 , 01:20   Re: Modern warfare 2 Mod v1.2.0b (delete this)
Reply With Quote #102

bull :p

Send a message via MSN to vaan123 Send a message via Yahoo to vaan123 Send a message via Skype™ to vaan123
D.Moder
I uploaded 2 great gameplay plugins here
Old 09-12-2011 , 01:38   Re: Modern warfare 2 Mod v1.2.0b (delete this)
Reply With Quote #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarev View Post
you're such a pussy
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaan123 View Post
bull :p
the only way i can fix this is getting a little help debugging this
i'm sure it's only 1 fucking line is fucking this up
but this is 6000 line code, im tired! 6000 fucking line code do you understand ???

edit: and none of the moderators/plugin approvers talk to me ever, they never respond to any of my questions
this forum seems dead to me! everyone is dead

Last edited by D.Moder; 09-12-2011 at 01:43.
modernwarfare
Old 09-12-2011 , 01:43   Re: Modern warfare 2 Mod v1.2.0b (delete this)
Reply With Quote #104

Quote:
but this is 6000 line code, im tired! 6000 fucking line code do you understand ???

man dont give up!!
The 48,644 Afghan and 1,690,903 Iraqi people that paid the ultimate price for a crime they did not commit.

Send a message via MSN to modernwarfare Send a message via Skype™ to modernwarfare
Preyas3
Old 09-12-2011 , 07:29   Re: Modern warfare 2 Mod v1.2.0b (delete this)
Reply With Quote #105

:O
Old 09-12-2011 , 13:13   Re: Modern warfare 2 Mod v1.2.0b (delete this)
Reply With Quote #106

Quote:
@mattisbogus
thanks man
now the only people who can save this mod from going down, is the amx moderators/plugin approvers.
I'm pretty sure it's just 1 freaking function/stock is messing it up, but I have over 100 functions in there!
Yeah this mod is pretty substantial compared to the ones I've looked at before. I tried to think of the biggest functions and stop/change them to see if I saw change, and I still wasn't able to stop it.

It's really strange though because the crash is very random. Sometimes it will crash 3 mins after starting, and other times I can go 3-4 hrs. It seems to me the crash is a specific instance and is the reason why it's so random because it takes some time for that specific instance to occur. I just wish I could find it!

I even tried recording with HLTV and then going back 5 secs before the crash, and it seems 8 times out of 10, the crash would occur right after a nade was used/thrown. This is why I stopped martyrdom/semtex/frag/scavenger packs, but I never did stop flashbangs, but I doubt that is the reason for the crash.
Xellath
Veteran Member
Old 09-12-2011 , 13:37   Re: Modern warfare 2 Mod v1.2.0b (delete this)
Reply With Quote #107

Quote:

edit: and none of the moderators/plugin approvers talk to me ever, they never respond to any of my questions
this forum seems dead to me! everyone is dead
Then debug it? I'm sure there are plenty of people here willing to help, as long as you just ask. If you drop support for your plugin, even though it's 6000 lines long, what was the point of releasing it in the first place? Take a look at Emps PokeMod; it's over 15k lines of code - and he spent quite some time debugging. Don't drop your support, don't rush things, just take your time and try to figure out the problem.

This forum is far from dead. Setup a thread in scripting help and you'll get some help, no doubt about that.
Nomaf
Old 09-12-2011 , 14:34   Re: Modern warfare 2 Mod v1.2.0b (delete this)
Reply With Quote #108

Just ask on the polish support site. Of course in english. There are many of helpful people.
Really!
http://amxx.pl/

Many people will wait to your final release ;)

PS. Sorry for my bad english. If there is any error in my post, just ignore it.
B3N4K
Old 09-12-2011 , 15:11   Re: Modern warfare 2 Mod v1.2.0b (delete this)
Reply With Quote #109

Xellath is right. This forum is far from dead. Every time i needed help with anything i got it. Just ask for it in proper section and i am sure they won't just ignore you! It would be pity to leave this plugin unfinished just because of this problem. Once i was trying to solve problem in my code for ONE WHOLE day but at the end i found it and fixed it and now it works perfectly.

Just don't give up, you already did a lot of work on this plugin. Don't throw it out of the window just because of this ;)

At first you should try to identify when does the server crash. Get some friends and play. And then when server crash ask them what were they doing at the moment the server crashed. Where they were standing. What did they did earlier that round. This is scripting language. It's just hooking to their behaviour. There must be way how to find out. You maybe won't get line, but you could find out in what part you should look for and then it will be easy to find the problem.. Commenting piecies of code, trying to crash server again with different code.. For me it's almost best part of programming.. It's just like detective story. There is some bad piece of code killing your server all over and over again. ;)

There is always the way.
Xellath
Veteran Member
Old 09-12-2011 , 16:11   Re: Modern warfare 2 Mod v1.2.0b (delete this)
Reply With Quote #110

It's simple really. Debug just about everything and you'll have no problem finding whats wrong. As said before, no need to rush - it takes time. It can be very time-consuming, but don't let your work go to waste.