Post New Thread Reply   

Marcus101RR
Veteran Member
Old 01-16-2012 , 19:30   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades Reloaded
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by noctua View Post
Thanks Marcus!
I've a test Server and will test every new version ;)

The newer version can not be compiled, here and with Sourcemod.

bye
Dear noctua,

Your request for the fix to compile issue has been resolved. The error was caused to <colors.inc> plugin included. It has been removed, you are now able to recompile via web-compiler.

Thank You,
MCK Productions

Dear Users,

The plugin has been updated, and major bug fixes have been fixed. There is still no guarantee that the issue of unexpected crashing and threattool.cpp is fixed. Please remain active and report any error logs possible.

Thank You,
Marcus K.

Last edited by Marcus101RR; 01-16-2012 at 19:31.
Send a message via AIM to Marcus101RR Send a message via Skype™ to Marcus101RR
noctua
Old 01-17-2012 , 01:18   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades Reloaded
Reply With Quote #12

Hi Marcus, your plugin works very well, cant find any error yet ;)
You cleaned up and sorted the cfg, is much better readable now.

Maybe you can add some cvar, like:
survivor_upgrade_awards "1/0" - earning upgrades for killing tank/witch etc, enables/disables award system
survivor_upgrade_onstartup "#" - randomizing upgrades
survivor_upgrade_save_status_players "0/1" - ./data/l4d_upgradesreloaded.txt (save, dont save data)

survivor_upgrade_backpack_always_enable "1" - if player join, give it to player
survivor_upgrade_extended_magazine_always_ena ble "1" - if player join, give it to player
survivor_upgrade_hollow_point_always_enable "1"
survivor_upgrade_announce "1/0" - print upgrades to chat
and so on..

actually all upgrades are binded to the award system.

Thank you very much for your work ;)
Marcus101RR
Veteran Member
Old 01-22-2012 , 15:15   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades Reloaded
Reply With Quote #13

New updates to the Beta, including Perk Mode.

As for the requests, we will see if any of them have the potential to make it in.
Veteran Member
Old 01-28-2012 , 14:43   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades Reloaded
Reply With Quote #14

NOTICE
The Public Release will be available as of February 1st, 2012. This is the last chance to find any bugs or glitches within the plugin, if there are any afterwords, repair may be delayed for extended periods of time due to lack of access.

Updates and Features are still taken into consideration as of 1.0.
Veteran Member
Old 02-08-2012 , 18:03   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades Reloaded
Reply With Quote #15

Update Released v1.1.0
  • The update fixes an issue with threadpool.cpp from the game source code, causing bots to receive upgrades while under control of an Idle Player.

Changelog
Old 02-09-2012 , 11:47   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades Reloaded
Reply With Quote #16

Thx a lot Marcus, your work is really appreciated man. Finally this, that once was nothing more than a good plugin, is a "super sayan" plugin now, ah?
Gonna try right now, my friends will like this more than the good-old KrX one

EDIT: ok I managed to try this with bots (for now), but I have 2 ugent questions I hope u can answer to:
1) I don't see any chat message from SM about the plugin being active or not or simply giving hints about its own features/functions...should I be worried about this or it's just the standard behavior? And could this thing be modified (maybe with a future release) via cfg file?
2) what's the main difference between "classic" mode and "perks" mode?

Thanks a bunch ;)

Last edited by pisdone; 02-09-2012 at 13:31.
Marcus101RR
Veteran Member
Old 02-09-2012 , 15:38   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades Reloaded
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisdone View Post
Thx a lot Marcus, your work is really appreciated man. Finally this, that once was nothing more than a good plugin, is a "super sayan" plugin now, ah?
Gonna try right now, my friends will like this more than the good-old KrX one

EDIT: ok I managed to try this with bots (for now), but I have 2 ugent questions I hope u can answer to:
1) I don't see any chat message from SM about the plugin being active or not or simply giving hints about its own features/functions...should I be worried about this or it's just the standard behavior? And could this thing be modified (maybe with a future release) via cfg file?
2) what's the main difference between "classic" mode and "perks" mode?

Thanks a bunch ;)
1. No there is no Introduction or Announce Message, however, I will gladly add it so users on the server know this plugin is being used.
2. Classic mode is just like KRX or the original Survivor Upgrades from whosat and jerrith. You gain upgrades for doing deeds, and lose upgrades for penalties. Perk mode, as the name implies, allows you to assign upgrades without earning them (depending on settings) you can have 2-4 upgrades and they will be applied on each life, or respawn.

Hope that helps?

KRX PLugin was great, however, it was missing a few upgrades and also it became abandoned.

Last edited by Marcus101RR; 02-09-2012 at 15:40.
pisdone
Old 02-09-2012 , 21:10   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades Reloaded
Reply With Quote #18

Perfect, but after a deep beta testing I gotta say there are more "bugs" than I thought, hope u can fix them asap:
  1. the worst so far, it's an evident exploit with "pharm-assist" that makes survivors earn all(or most of) the upgrades by simply spam-giving pills to each other...quite lame
  2. dead survivors can still earn upgrades...quite lame too
  3. losing only 1 upgrade per death is not enough imho, I would reset almost all of them on death...IMHO ofc
  4. suppressor...first of all, it is quite useless and, second, it's even a penalty to me, not an upgrade; I mean, if I can't hear my weapon I become a noob, really. I suggest to heavy modify the sound (making it as it should be) or at least to give players the possibility to disable it
  5. same thing about the laser; it's not my case, but lot of people would have got the possibility to disable it
  6. infinite "hollow-point" ammo, probably even more lame than pharm-assist exploit; at least give every player the chance to disable them, for now I think I'll disable them from the cfg...
  7. let's give no upgrades to survivors that group-kill a witch (dunno if this already happens), 1 upgrade to the survivor that personally kills her and 2 upgrades to the one who cr0wns her
Ultimately, I still gotta say that this plugin does his job very well (not considering its few problems of course). If you could manage to solve/fix/change some of its "lame" behaviors, you'd be my idol

Peace and, again, THANKS for ur job!
Marcus101RR
Veteran Member
Old 02-09-2012 , 21:42   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades Reloaded
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisdone View Post
Perfect, but after a deep beta testing I gotta say there are more "bugs" than I thought, hope u can fix them asap:
  1. the worst so far, it's an evident exploit with "pharm-assist" that makes survivors earn all(or most of) the upgrades by simply spam-giving pills to each other...quite lame
  2. dead survivors can still earn upgrades...quite lame too
  3. losing only 1 upgrade per death is not enough imho, I would reset almost all of them on death...IMHO ofc
  4. suppressor...first of all, it is quite useless and, second, it's even a penalty to me, not an upgrade; I mean, if I can't hear my weapon I become a noob, really. I suggest to heavy modify the sound (making it as it should be) or at least to give players the possibility to disable it
  5. same thing about the laser; it's not my case, but lot of people would have got the possibility to disable it
  6. infinite "hollow-point" ammo, probably even more lame than pharm-assist exploit; at least give every player the chance to disable them, for now I think I'll disable them from the cfg...
  7. let's give no upgrades to survivors that group-kill a witch (dunno if this already happens), 1 upgrade to the survivor that personally kills her and 2 upgrades to the one who cr0wns her
Ultimately, I still gotta say that this plugin does his job very well (not considering its few problems of course). If you could manage to solve/fix/change some of its "lame" behaviors, you'd be my idol

Peace and, again, THANKS for ur job!
1. Pharm-Assist has been exploitable in all plugins including Custom Player Stats, there is nothing to be done against it. Remember, you have a CFG in sourcemod, simply set the variable to 0 and Pharm-Assist will not be used. (Solved)
2. Dead Survivors? They cannot get upgrades if they are dead. Survivors Must be alive. Screenshot would be nice to see where you see this?
3. Losing Upgrades upon death is for (Bots Only). This was added because Bots would never lose upgrades due to the fact that they do not friendly fire, kill, or incap others. Humans lose upgrades for these penalties. If you do not like bots losing their upgrades, set the variable to 0.
4. Suppressor is not a custom made upgrade, it is part of Valve's game, i simply enabled it as an upgrade because it is. It prevents infected, and witches from hearing you in lesser range, if you do not like a certain upgrade: refer to the variable to disable it with 0.
5. I had more complains that people want to have laser, but the !laser command is not planned to be used. Only the server can disable the laser at this time. Future updates, may use !laser only if the server allows it.
6. You are use to KRX, be advised, incendiary wasn't in this game either, it was a custom upgrade. The Hollow Point is infinite, just like all other upgrades are except for the 1-Use types. Disable the upgrade if you prefer not to have it active. There won't be a limit to this upgrade.
7. Witch Hunter / Crowned already does this. You gain an upgrade from either one. Am I missing something here?

The only bug report I can assume here is "2", which I will need an exact screenshot or some sort of show that this happens. I have't seen or heard that someone lost/gained a upgrade while dead.

Bug Report List
  • Pharm-Assist Abused via Giving Pills constantly to players (Bug-Unfixable)
  • Dead Survivors getting upgrades from unknown point (Possible Bug)
  • 1 Lost Upgrades from death via Bots Only, use "survivor_upgrade_awards_death" (Not a Bug)
  • Suppresser a useless Upgrade, please use variable (Not a Bug)
  • Laser can't be Cheated, or Summoned (Not a Bug)
  • Hollow Point is Infinite (Not a Bug)
  • Witch Hunter / Crowned for Upgrades (Check Variable)

Cheers,
MCK Productions

Last edited by Marcus101RR; 02-09-2012 at 22:06.
pisdone
Old 02-10-2012 , 14:22   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades Reloaded
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus101RR View Post
1. Pharm-Assist has been exploitable in all plugins including Custom Player Stats, there is nothing to be done against it. Remember, you have a CFG in sourcemod, simply set the variable to 0 and Pharm-Assist will not be used. (Solved)
This seems a persecution...all other upgrades that I've changed to "0" aren't working anymore except this stupid pharm-assist, which still does its job even at "0". Can u verify this pls? Thanks.