Map Decals

Post New Thread Reply   

xomp
BANNED
Old 05-08-2012 , 14:33   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #421

Quote:
Originally Posted by berni View Post
So ? Anyone can come here and say "it's not working".
That does not mean it's the plugin's fault.

Less complaining, more contributing = win win
But.. your version does have problems and that's the reason why Mr. FrostedHair supposedly "fixed" them. Care to explain why someone had to "fix" your perfectly working plugin?

I'm not simply spouting off "hurr durr it not working huehuehue" I actually remember PM'ing you about this issue and you told me you don't have time to fix it but suddenly you have time to respond once I've rustled your jimmies.

Last edited by xomp; 05-08-2012 at 14:36.
Send a message via Skype™ to xomp
berni
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 05-08-2012 , 18:19   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #422

Quote:
Originally Posted by xomp View Post
But.. your version does have problems and that's the reason why Mr. FrostedHair supposedly "fixed" them. Care to explain why someone had to "fix" your perfectly working plugin?

I'm not simply spouting off "hurr durr it not working huehuehue" I actually remember PM'ing you about this issue and you told me you don't have time to fix it but suddenly you have time to respond once I've rustled your jimmies.
yes you say it, I don't have time to fix it atm, but I have time to respond.
weird eh ? maybe you shouldn't compare apples with grapes.

If you want something to get fixed, please do so and make a pullrequest on github, I will be glad to merge it.

When people ask me "Plz" just because it's shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because it's shorter than "Yes"
powered by Core i7 3770k | 32GB DDR3 1886Mhz | 2x Vertex4 SSD Raid0
xomp
BANNED
Old 05-08-2012 , 19:13   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #423

Quote:
yes you say it, I don't have time to fix it atm, but I have time to respond.
weird eh ? maybe you shouldn't compare apples with grapes.

If you want something to get fixed, please do so and make a pullrequest on github, I will be glad to merge it.
Not really interested in signing up for another service when these forums do good to get the info across. You are aware of the problem and it has been posted many times. I'd just prefer broken plugins like these to removed from the approved section. Especially if the problem has existed for a few months and the developer can't be arsed to fix it but can be arsed to argue over the internet.
berni
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 05-09-2012 , 04:00   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #424

Quote:
Not really interested in signing up for another service when these forums do good to get the info across
it's just a forum, not a collaboration software, if you don't understand it don't try to argue about it.

Quote:
You are aware of the problem and it has been posted many times.
I'm aware that some people probably don't know how to configure it correctly and that it works fine for some people.

Quote:
I'd just prefer broken plugins like these to removed from the approved section. Especially if the problem has existed for a few months and the developer can't be arsed to fix it but can be arsed to argue over the internet.
too bad noone cares about what you prefer... since I don't get paid anything for doing this from you I will investe time for it when I feel to do so, not when you tell me to.

You are free not to use this plugin, and now get out of this thread.

When people ask me "Plz" just because it's shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because it's shorter than "Yes"
powered by Core i7 3770k | 32GB DDR3 1886Mhz | 2x Vertex4 SSD Raid0
xomp
BANNED
Old 05-09-2012 , 07:31   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #425

Since you're thick and want to try and pick apart each point I make allow me to do the same.

Quote:
it's just a forum, not a collaboration software, if you don't understand it don't try to argue about it.
wat.

Quote:
I'm aware that some people probably don't know how to configure it correctly and that it works fine for some people.
HUEHUEHUE the errors I reported are user error? Come on kid, surely you can't be that dense! How in the hell is console spam in regards to
Code:
CMaterial:PrecacheVars
related to user error?

Quote:
too bad noone cares about what you prefer... since I don't get paid anything for doing this from you I will investe time for it when I feel to do so, not when you tell me to.
Awwww.. I was hoping someone gave a toss If your intentions/expectations are to get paid for writing plugins here then you're doing it wrong. Stop pulling that response out of your ass when trying to argue points, kay?

Quote:
You are free not to use this plugin, and now get out of this thread.
Why would you think I use it? I done told you it doesn't work and is full of errors. I am no masochist that wants to run half-assed plugins on my server. Get mad.
mgunnett
Old 05-09-2012 , 07:41   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #426

I love the useless back and forth spam going on. How about we all agree to disagree and leave it at that...
xomp
BANNED
Old 05-09-2012 , 08:01   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #427

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgunnett View Post
I love the useless back and forth spam going on. How about we all agree to disagree and leave it at that...
Sums up this place fairly well.

This wouldn't have been an issue if ole berni would pull his head out of his ass and fix the errors instead of acting like the errors are 'user error' and there is no need for fixes. For a plugin approver to have this sort of mentality speaks volumes on where this place is going.
mgunnett
Old 05-09-2012 , 08:08   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #428

And how about we just stop replying? This is going no where fast and insulting each other is stupid. If you have anything more constructive to add to the thread then say it. Otherwise quit reiterating points you've already said. If you still have a bone to pick with each other take it to PM's and leave the thread to support chatter.
xomp
BANNED
Old 05-09-2012 , 09:05   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #429

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgunnett View Post
And how about we just stop replying? This is going no where fast and insulting each other is stupid. If you have anything more constructive to add to the thread then say it. Otherwise quit reiterating points you've already said. If you still have a bone to pick with each other take it to PM's and leave the thread to support chatter.
This whole thing is starting to bore me really. I've provided error logs and have attempted to reach out to the dev in PM only to have him say he doesn't have time to fix them and that the console spam his plugin outputs is error on my part. I don't think there is much of anything I can accomplish by continuing to wreck his illogical points. Enjoy fighting with a shoddy plugin folks, at least I tried to get this broken garbage out of the approved section.
nightrider
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-09-2012 , 18:15   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #430

Quote:
Sums up this place fairly well.

This wouldn't have been an issue if ole berni would pull his head out of his ass and fix the errors instead of acting like the errors are 'user error' and there is no need for fixes. For a plugin approver to have this sort of mentality speaks volumes on where this place is going.
xomp, please give it a rest.
Bashing the plugin dev berni or AlliedMods is not helpful.
The plugin works for me and others as is.

Back on topic please with less crap.

Last edited by nightrider; 05-09-2012 at 18:18.